SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Just looking for a quick response here.

I've been looking through all the washing methods, and I'm just not sure which one to use!

I've worn my Nudie Slim Kims for 9 months without washing, and I think I'm gonna finally wash them tonight.

I want to bring them back to the fit they had when I first bought them, without too much length shrinkage. I'm also looking to get the absolute most contrast I can - I want to maintain some of the indigo so I can go another 9 months!

Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry if this is super redundant. I know people ask this shit all the time.

I would just fill up the tub with cold or room temp water, put some Dr. Bronners in (I prefer Eucalyptus), turn them inside out and use a good amount of agitation (if the the indigo is bleading a lot, don't agitate as much). Also, to avoid excessive agitation to remove dirt, rub extra dirty areas together (denim on denim). Obviously, rinse thoroughly to remove soap. I used this method on the first wash of my Nudie RRDS and it worked fine. Good luck.

few question for those in the USA that has used any proxy service to buy goods from Japan.

If the proxy ships an item to the USA and marks the product as low value gifts.... who do i pay the fees to? Im assuming the fees are paid at the post office?

Also, will the post office be holding the package at their office/location until the fees are paid and picked up? I just moved to this address and my license does not have an updated address. Will this be a problem?

So I just threw my jeans into the washing machine to give them a wash. It was their first wash, and they're not raw, but resin-baked. They were also in the machine alone. Now, when they came out, there were these little brown spots on the denim, inside and out, that when they came out of the washing machine, had the consistency of chocolate, and looked like it too. I'm sure there was no chocolate in the jeans, and it didn't smell like chocolate, so what was it? Was it the resin being washed out? Thanks!

Just looking for a quick response here.

I've been looking through all the washing methods, and I'm just not sure which one to use!

I've worn my Nudie Slim Kims for 9 months without washing, and I think I'm gonna finally wash them tonight.

I want to bring them back to the fit they had when I first bought them, without too much length shrinkage. I'm also looking to get the absolute most contrast I can - I want to maintain some of the indigo so I can go another 9 months!

Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry if this is super redundant. I know people ask this shit all the time.

If shrinking is your priority, I would go with a hot wash and put them in the dryer inside out. Naturally some of the indigo will fall off, but it is going to fall off regardless if you've worn them for that long. It might just be a little less if you hand wash and dry, but from my experience that will not shrink jeans back to pre-stretch proportions... Good luck!

So I just threw my jeans into the washing machine to give them a wash. It was their first wash, and they're not raw, but resin-baked. They were also in the machine alone. Now, when they came out, there were these little brown spots on the denim, inside and out, that when they came out of the washing machine, had the consistency of chocolate, and looked like it too. I'm sure there was no chocolate in the jeans, and it didn't smell like chocolate, so what was it? Was it the resin being washed out? Thanks!

probably is...but mine was yellowish when I did a boiling-hot soak. It might be brown. My water turned a dark green, so I assumed it was yellow.

Soak them for 3 hours in hot water in order to shrink unsanforized denim to tag. Soaking pre-shrunk dry denim will not change the sizes in an appreciable way, but it will get rid of some starch and the 'shiny' affect. It is important to soak to tag so that when you do finally wash your jeans, your wear marks and points of stress will match up with your body. You certainly wouldn't want your honeycombs halfway up your thigh when all is said and done!

I just received my samurai S5000BK's from parachutes (Thanks!), and im wondering what i should do to get most of the shrinkage out of the way.

Im thinking of doing a hot water soak for 3 hours in a bathtub, would this get most of the shrinkage out of the way?

or should i wash them once in the washer and hang dry?

Tips and other methods would be appreciated. :)

I just received my samurai S5000BK's from parachutes (Thanks!), and im wondering what i should do to get most of the shrinkage out of the way.

Im thinking of doing a hot water soak for 3 hours in a bathtub, would this get most of the shrinkage out of the way?

or should i wash them once in the washer and hang dry?

Tips and other methods would be appreciated. :)

To get maximum shrinkage, hot soak => then throw it into dryer.

I wouldn't advise on the dryer bit as it ruins the jean in the long run. If you need to hem it, a hot soak should be sufficient.

^we(SuFu-ers) get to vote the winner, along with the Samurai board. I'm not sure whether it'll be open to the rest of the internet as well, probably yes. Top 3 gets some rewards in terms of Samurai accessories iirc.

i thought there was a prize along the lines of... a pair of new sammies?

The fades that develop on the back of the knees are known as 'honeycombs.' The shape of the honeycombs are related to the tightness of the jeans.

Thanks very much, so do you mean the fade shapes due to the creases or general wear and tear...sorry to be a bit dumb on the subject but im trying to smarten my self up:)

I believe that general "wear and tear" makes the creases thus making honeycombs.

"wear and tear" = creases = honeycombs

Thanks very much, so do you mean the fade shapes due to the creases or general wear and tear...sorry to be a bit dumb on the subject but im trying to smarten my self up:)

How would you treat raw denim that you wanted to avoid fading/honeycombs on? SImply give it a first wash in woolite black before wearing?

I do not think you can avoid fading,

but not wearing your jeans often and not doing any crazy activities in your jeans might slow down the process of fading.

Im no expert though.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic