SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Neil Barrett question

I have a few pairs, and have always seen that they are either a listed waist size ( 30, 31 ect) or euro sized ( 46,48 ect)

Has there ever been pairs for men released with a 'small medium or large" waist tag? I was told by my friend at Holts that they are fakes, as Neil Barrett has never released jeans or pants with sizing like that. I have never heard of sizing like this before

I am confident in this guys ability as he has been selling their line at the store since its inception, but I was also hoping for others opinions who may be more familiar with the brand then I.

im thinking of getting petite standards. right now i have new cures sz 29 that fit perfectly. should i get 29 for the PS too?

Size down 2 from your true waist size on the petit standards. If you sized down 2 on the new cures, get a 29, if you sized down 1, get a 28.

I have 5000bk's in a 34 and I like them. I'm looking to get some 5000vx 21 oz because BIG is getting more in a few days. Their sizing chart looks like you need to size up one, is this correct? Or does the denim just not shrink as much as the lower ounce versions?

Go true to size on the 21oz 5000s. If you sized down 1 to the 34 on the 5000bk, size up 1 from those and get a 35. You should be fine with those although I believe the sizing gets a bit odd from size 35 and above. I would contact Gordon at Blue in Green via e-mail for a quick and perfect response.

You wore a pair of jeans for a year and a half and didn't wash them once? That is grimy as hell.

extremely grimey.

i really don't have a keen sense of 'bad smell'.. only had to wash after my girlfriend complained :D

can someone please link/post the samurai denim repair website image capture? the cached picture/site is down... only have found achived text via supersearch.. thanks. i have the most amazing ass rip to repair (and knee)

So, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered.

Contenders were:

Skull S5010XX 6x6 Raw

PBJ 005 Raw

Warehouse Dubbleworks 660

Eternal 811BG

And the winner was...Warehouse 660.

I got them in today and have some fit questions.

First, I sized down one from my actual measurements and got a size 30. The top block is tight, but not super tight. The waist is just about right when standing, but when sitting there is about a 2" gap from my back to the denim.

The thighs are not tight and almost relaxed. It's a little hard to tell about the knee and leg opening because of the long hem, but I would say they're fine. My feeling is I could go slightly slimmer, but probably not much.

Lastly, the left leg is starting to twist already. The seam is correct on my hip, but up by my kneecap at the knee. Is this normal or something to be concerned about?

I called Gordon at BIG to ask questions, but apparently he was too busy to help me. I got a call back, but it wasn't him. It was an Asian guy that tried to be helpful, but wasn't.

So, they don't have a 29, so that's not an option.

What's the consensus on what I should do from here?? Noob q, but are these supposed to soak and then wear or just wear?

Got to decide quickly as their policy says I have to return w/i a week.

Thanks.

Go true to size on the 21oz 5000s. If you sized down 1 to the 34 on the 5000bk, size up 1 from those and get a 35. You should be fine with those although I believe the sizing gets a bit odd from size 35 and above. I would contact Gordon at Blue in Green via e-mail for a quick and perfect response.

Well the 34 bk's aren't tight fitting at all. I've only done one cold soak but they have already stretched. I like the fit but could have definitely done a 33. I'm going to do a hot soak and dry on the bk's and I think they will be perfect so I'm going to stick with 34's in the 21 oz I think.

So, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered.

Contenders were:

Skull S5010XX 6x6 Raw

PBJ 005 Raw

Warehouse Dubbleworks 660

Eternal 811BG

And the winner was...Warehouse 660.

I got them in today and have some fit questions.

First, I sized down one from my actual measurements and got a size 30. The top block is tight, but not super tight. The waist is just about right when standing, but when sitting there is about a 2" gap from my back to the denim.

The thighs are not tight and almost relaxed. It's a little hard to tell about the knee and leg opening because of the long hem, but I would say they're fine. My feeling is I could go slightly slimmer, but probably not much.

Lastly, the left leg is starting to twist already. The seam is correct on my hip, but up by my kneecap at the knee. Is this normal or something to be concerned about?

I called Gordon at BIG to ask questions, but apparently he was too busy to help me. I got a call back, but it wasn't him. It was an Asian guy that tried to be helpful, but wasn't.

So, they don't have a 29, so that's not an option.

What's the consensus on what I should do from here?? Noob q, but are these supposed to soak and then wear or just wear?

Got to decide quickly as their policy says I have to return w/i a week.

Thanks.

sounds like the fit is fine (post pics). don't worry about the leg twist, it will twist even more when you soak them, which you need to do. You'll be shrinking them down to the size they're intended to be worn at. Just put in the tub with hot water for an hour and then hang dry outside and you're good to go. Good luck!

^ Mad stacking ( long inseam) and fitted on the thighs

Most of the fades I have seen similar to that are almost always slim fit Dior raws. You can do it with any brand really, as long as they have good stack and are a tight fit IMO

The intensity will vary greatly depending on how many washes, type of denim and denim weight, ect. as far as how quick your skulls will fade, hopefully a pro can help you out as I have never owned a pair

sounds like the fit is fine (post pics). don't worry about the leg twist, it will twist even more when you soak them, which you need to do. You'll be shrinking them down to the size they're intended to be worn at. Just put in the tub with hot water for an hour and then hang dry outside and you're good to go. Good luck!

So, since the top block is fairly snug would you suggest a cold intial soak rather than hot? Or, just do the hot and bear the discomfort until they stretch back out?

Thanks.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic