SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I've searched and searched... Now it's time to post a thread....

I'm looking for a raw, yet nicely stock indigo denim... I want my denim to fade slow, because I despite fast fading, and love the dark indigo look on raw denim.

Could you guys please help me?

I'm looking for almost these exact measurements:

-16.5 inch waist (can be 17)

-7 inch leg opening

-8 inch knee

-32-34 inseam

Whether it be Nudie's or KMW's, I just want this nice fit, but also the nice indigo colorr.

Thanks a lot guys.

I've searched and searched... Now it's time to post a thread....

I'm looking for a raw, yet nicely stock indigo denim... I want my denim to fade slow, because I despite fast fading, and love the dark indigo look on raw denim.

Could you guys please help me?

I'm looking for almost these exact measurements:

-16.5 inch waist (can be 17)

-7 inch leg opening

-8 inch knee

-32-34 inseam

Whether it be Nudie's or KMW's, I just want this nice fit, but also the nice indigo colorr.

Thanks a lot guys.

If you want to get some slowly fading denim, I'd avoid Nudie/KMW. I think they both fade quite easily in comparison to other models/brands.

I'd try some Samurai 710's. They're 19oz, heavy duty, and should hold their indigo pretty well. Post soak sz 33s should get you fit pretty darn close to what you'd like. Worse case scenario, taper them a bit more.

As i am doing steelconstructions with all the welding,grinding and dirt,i am not able to wear my jeans at work,as they would suffer badly.But wearing a denim bib-overall and watching how it evolves over time could be an interesting project.I am looking for a vintagelooking one that doesnt cost a fortune,and after doing some research i found this:http://mmteam.de/catalog/product_info.php/info/p498_CARHARTT-Washed-Denim-Bib-Overall---darkstone.htm.

Does anybody knows a better model,pref. non wash?

cheers beatle,looks like this is the same model i found on this german site.As iam not fixed on a certain brand i would appreciate anything in dark blue denim and a vintagecut,selvage not important as they will be wrecked in a year.:D

Only other cheap option that I know of is Dickies...

also - this one says Hickory...may be interesting

http://www.gemplers.com/product/148062/KEY-Unlined-Hickory-Stripe-Denim-Bib-Overalls

now thats a fast replay,beatle.you really now your stuff!:) This one looks very interesting,the price is fantastic.will be the first hickory item i own.wonder how the indigo will react to the weldingrays.the black workwear iam equipped with always turns

brown in certain places.i am tempted!

I'm 6'4", looking for a raw slim-fit jean with a taper below the knee. I want *quality* materials and a nice cut, with a post-shrink inseam above 38". Dry Bones Red-D slims or Ande Whall grifters?

I liked my (sized down 2) APC New Standards, but the denim quality and short (for me) inseam wasn't so great.

I want to buy my first pair of premium denim.

Between, flatheads, imperials, apc new standards, nudies , etc. what would you suggest for me.

I want a regular fit, size 29,. im 5'7 135.

Thanks

no more APC's, they're the same as nudies. try some samurai 610 (low rise) or FH3001s or even better with your build the FH BSPs

now thats a fast replay,beatle.you really now your stuff!:) This one looks very interesting,the price is fantastic.will be the first hickory item i own.wonder how the indigo will react to the weldingrays.the black workwear iam equipped with always turns

brown in certain places.i am tempted!

After having a look at my daughters oshkosh overall i realized that hickory isnt really suitable for my kind of work.after searching some more i found this:http://www.vintagedenim.de/ .they sell the same model as beatle posted but in dark unwashed indigo.hope restocking for my size will not take too long.

Where can you buy rivets for jeans? Online is OK, US stores is also OK.

I'm not talking about crap. I mean, maybe Wal-Mart has something other than crap, but I'm looking for something at least as "quality" as the cheapo Levi's rivet-button they sell. ...what are these things called, anyway?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/airfrogusmc/vintage%20levis/IMG_7557.jpg

This is the best I can get for copper rivets that don't look incredibly cheap (ex: a hollow insert instead of a solid back, like practically all store-bought jeans have).

https://www.tandyleatherfactory.co.uk/pc-81670-230-copper-rivets-burrs-9.aspx

ANY input would be great. I have tried contacting one company (I believe it was Scovill) about ordering from them but they never e-mailed me back.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic