Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

.003 final shrinkage on a size 31"

The bath tub was as hot as a hot bath so pretty much max shrinkage without using a dryer, 30mins soak and drip dry.

Waist- 33" or 16.5" across waist band.

Leg- 33.75"

Upper thigh-12.75"

knee- just over 9"

hem- just under 9"

Sizes pre shrink are pretty much as per big size chart. Above sizes taken as per big method.

They do shrink to above tag, I am now very happy with the fit. and expect a bit of stretch.

If i wrap a tape around my waist where my jeans would sit the measurement is 34"

http://denimhunters.com/brand/real-mccoys#more-20432

"According to Tsujimoto, “the biggest innovation in clothing history was the invention of jeans. It’s the garment that conquered the world.†But with jeans, as with everything Tsujimoto makes, it’s not about merely imitating classic styles. “It’s not so difficult to make something that’s 100 percent the same as the original,†he says. â€The key isn’t just getting the details right—it’s knowing when to change things,†Tsujimoto continues. “We create something that looks better. You have to change the fit because all these classic garments were designed with extra room to carry tools or weapons.†The denim is made in Okayama on old Japanese machinery."

Aho, ^^Thats pretty much sums McCoysup in a nut shell.

When you first hit me up on the Devi,s contest in December i had already seen the .003 in the Yearbook and knew they was dropping in March i did not want to buy two 40,s cuts. Other than that i would be clambering aboad the good ship Devi throwing women and children in my wake.

Thanks pomata, I have checked the Urban Dictionary with no success but im sure a crooked ass is a good thing to have, The "denim sage" setterman posted this, as an insight into some inspiration behind the .003

http://bluegoldblues.com/post/4595333664/ebay-6-789-00-1940s-wwii-levis-s501-xx

It is. Usually you have an overlock stitch to cover the open ending of the cut denim. Especially this isn’t done in the crotch area (visible only from the inside). I’ve seen it on LVC ’44s and even my Samurai S3000VX feature this detail

The picture on the bottom left illustrates this perfectly (these are WWII Fullcounts by the way:

1100-13-05-up17.jpg

Edited by Maynard Friedman

It has been a while since I have posted anything here but i recently picked up the S/S13 Sateen pants which i love

DSC_0119.jpg

RMC Flannel

RMC Sateen pants

Whites Semi-Dress (#8 Bergundy)

Blue in Green also has the yearbook in English this time!

DSC_0121.jpg

I leave for japan in a little over the week and hope to visit the RMC shop in tokyo and bring back some photos for you guys.

---Its good to be back

Edited by a.khan12390

8536690227_72b2fe6cc3_b.jpg

You need to size down 1" to get these to fit but dont size down too aggressively the loose cut is the whole ethos of the 40,s

Question: how do the Railman fit compared to Viberg, Whites, Red Wings, Alden or Trickers?

They look very good!

Thanks Foxy, You might have missed the train until the next batch, I struggled to get hold of them back in 2012. Realmoon had a few left, Studebaker had a few, Barnstormer still have the horween special in a 9 that look beautiful. http://www.barnstormer.jp/product/detail.php?cat=4&item=100

As far as sizing goes coleslaw wears the Railman in the same size as his Alden. I would go with your regular size, they are described as an E width but i find then a little narrow for an E.

Going by my preferred Alden size I would be looking for a size 7...

Don't need the boots now, but I will keep my eyes open for the next season.

Soaked my 991XHs for about 45 minutes in hot water from my sink--was worried that the leather patch would get ruined, so I treated it with Venetian Shoe Cream beforehand (and after), and it seems to have escaped unscathed. The denim seems really stiff, but I just tried it on after it air-dried--best fitting jeans I've ever had. I love the orange stitching, really pops, too.

Anyone know what the deal is with the little tag that came in the right pocket that says "concealed iron rivets?" Are these copper-coated iron rivets?

I always thought "concealed rivets" was a different form of saying "hidden rivets"...but the the 991XH doesn't have hidden rivets, right?

Got some more pics? I'm thinking of getting a 991XH :)

No pics currently. There's no hidden rivets that I noticed, which is great because I IWB carry a knife, so that's all I need is a copper rivet to ding up the handle. Thinking of getting Strike Golds, maybe too, though, so who knows what I'll do to deal with the rivets.

Edited by misterjuiceman

I believe that some rivets are half steel, half copper; i.e. the exterior female half is copper for aesthetics, and the interior male half is steel to lower production costs. Not sure what vintage that detail comes from, but I quite like the look of rusty rivets on an aged pair of jeans. Strike Gold features such rivets on their standard 11XX denim.

Obviously in the context of the modern Japanese-made denim, half steel rivets are not used to save cost!

I believe that some rivets are half steel, half copper; i.e. the exterior female half is copper for aesthetics, and the interior male half is steel to lower production costs. Not sure what vintage that detail comes from, but I quite like the look of rusty rivets on an aged pair of jeans. Strike Gold features such rivets on their standard 11XX denim.

Obviously in the context of the modern Japanese-made denim, half steel rivets are not used to save cost!

I think they're mixing metals for the rivets to get galvanic corrosion. With Strike Gold rivets, the copper acts as a cathode and the iron as an anode, so the iron will oxidize.

Edited by misterjuiceman