Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

Good stuff 00.

I forgot to pick up that year book in store so it is nice to see.

New RM store in Harajuku is immense. It is about 4 times the size of the old daikanyama store with a few different rooms for Buco, military, workwear etc. There is a big ol' boat full of a heap of vintage suitcases and the whole place is stacked with goods.

I tried on the deck jackets which I will be buying next time I go to Japan. Picked up a sweatshirt and a mug this time.

I did not try on any denim since I've just got a pair of full counts and didn't want to tempt myself.

Saw some photos of the new store online, I was suitably impressed, If you got some pics fre-co (even phone) would love to see posted.

Love the Buzz, Alpaca lined, Seawater wash N-1 was a toss up between that and the McCoys. Have you had your hands on both? Opinions?. Have not held the McCoys N-1 in person, I can not see how the buzz can be bettered but its a danger to under estimate mccoys,

Which sweat? Do i have it?

I've handled the cheaper buzz n-1 and the mccoys n-1. I think the buzz is thicker and bulkier. perhaps the mccoys feels more refined.... unfortunately no pics from me of the store. I got the standard blue crewneck ballpark sweat this time and the grey a just over a year ago.

Buzz is not on the same level as Real McCoy's, and so is the price. However, if you're looking to not to go broke, Buzz is a really good alternative, as they have great construction. As fre$co mentioned, RMC is much more refined in terms of details. When compared side by side, one can really sense that RMC uses the best everything.

I don't even bother with anything else these days, with exception of Bootleggers, Freewheelers and Toys McCoy, since they are cut from the same lineage. Just save your dough and get RMC.

coleslaw (or anyone else who can comment), how is the denim on the current RMC or Joe Mc in comparison to the RMC 613 and 614s from 4 or 5 years ago (the cowboy pants I think they were called)? I had a pair but the denim was underwhelming, lightweight, thin feeling. The Joe Mc lot 900 are really catching my eye as well as the RMC lot 003.

I agree with you, why compromise, just wait a bit and get something that you really want.

Edited by big truck

I have owned the Buzz N1 and handled the RMC version last time in Japan; I prefer the RMC version, mostly because the lining feels more comfortable on the RMC version although I've been told the Buzz is more authentic (alpaca lined)

I plan to pick up the RMC N1 sometime in the next year(s)

I've just ordered my first mcCoy's item.

The 8HU HBT Workshirt Lot.536D in Blue.

On the face of it a great looking Herringbone Workshirt but From what I hear there'll be much more revealed when I have it in hand.

Quite excited about its arrival.

I've been admiring McCoys from A-far for a while now, thought it was time to jump in!

Next on the list an N-1 when I'm in Tokyo ;-) (or realistically a sweat to start with)

Will post up pics when it arrives.

Cheers

coleslaw (or anyone else who can comment), how is the denim on the current RMC or Joe Mc in comparison to the RMC 613 and 614s from 4 or 5 years ago (the cowboy pants I think they were called)? I had a pair but the denim was underwhelming, lightweight, thin feeling. The Joe Mc lot 900 are really catching my eye as well as the RMC lot 003.

I agree with you, why compromise, just wait a bit and get something that you really want.

In my opinion, the Real McCoy's denim can be a bit underwhelming, depending on what you are looking for. I find the construction, hardware, overall detailing, top drawer. You won't find another pair of jeans made with such attention to detail.

But if your looking for texture, fading properties, color etc. brands like Warehouse, Samurai, Evisu etc. do it much better.

I would say that Lot 003 is the most interesting compared to all the Lot 9xx denim. I have the older lots, like lot 614s and 800, as well as the 906, and its more of the same.

I'm not saying that its crap, because its certainly the opposite of crap. I like them for their subtly and superior construction.

Thought I'd take some pic's of my Real McCoy stuff as there seems to be some life in the thread lately :)

Love this tee , it's the best fitting t shirt I own and the materal is unreal soo thick and realy soft and it has only got better with wear and washing

20130114_151229.jpg

The print has aged realy well ( started out a lot brighter )

20130114_151259.jpg

My favourite part about the shirt is the collar ( realy keeps it's shape ) , I allways hate when the Neck stretches out on tee's

20130114_151531.jpg

This was my first Real McCoy's sweat and as soon as I got it I knew it would not be the last , the construction is excellent all the seams are perfect ... Not a stitch out of place

20130114_151650.jpg

This is the summer weight hoody made from 10oz materal , the materal seems to have a lot of short fibres that makes for an interesting texture

20130114_151728.jpg

One thing I thought was interesting was that the back was not brushed ... But then again it is ment to be summer wear

20130114_151759.jpg

And last up is the winter weight hoody made with the standard 12oz fabric ( this pic didn't come out the best :) )

20130114_152133.jpg

Love this fabric , it's super warm and realy comfortable , I've worn this with with just a body warmer on some of the coldest days we've had this year and i felt fine

20130114_152201.jpg

The only thing that bothers me is the colour , because its black I allways find little bits of fluff and I'm constantly brushing myself down

The brushed back realy add's to the warmth of the fabric

20130114_152230.jpg

Edited by Flash

coleslaw, thanks for that. I was certainly not disappointed with the detail but there was a lack of, shall we say... oomph when I first got them and opened the package. That did not deter me from ordering a RMC sweat afterwards (again 4 or 5 years back) but sadly that was really underwhelming so it went back. Lightweight, thin and poor shape. Put it this way, not a patch or even anywhere near the old BR sweats.

The reason I am interested in RMC is that their stuff looks bloody ace and they obviously have their fans. But my experience is different from that so I am just trying to figure if things have changed a bit and their stuff is a bit more substantial or whether I have got it wrong somehow (I'm always prepared to be wrong and usually am).

HG and coleslaw - I fully understand that in the old days the denim may well have been somewhat less than the jp stuff that we are now used to. My cowboy pants were definitely the more correct shade of lighter blue. Fading properties are not even on my list of considerations, just good quality and most of all a proper fit. Those 900s are looking spectacular (if a bit rare nowadays).

McCoys M-65.

To call this a stitch perfect replica is a bit of an insult to McCoys, It goes way beyond that.

Purchased just after McCoys commissioned the replacement OG107 cloth to get it even closer to the ds original. ( thats dedication for ya)

Zippers are DS scoville wire and Talon.

I have worn this for the past 18months.

8380335583_346dcb1ee6_c.jpg

McCoys wool Watch Cap

Toys A-10 have been posted in "show me your leather"

8380334877_8665ae4cb6_c.jpg

8380333823_8e694a04ba_c.jpg

8381416776_ac9827b536_c.jpg

8381413690_87e79f1084_c.jpg

Apologies for posting in what should be a Denim Thread,

Edited by Double 0 Soul

coleslaw, thanks for that. I was certainly not disappointed with the detail but there was a lack of, shall we say... oomph when I first got them and opened the package. That did not deter me from ordering a RMC sweat afterwards (again 4 or 5 years back) but sadly that was really underwhelming so it went back. Lightweight, thin and poor shape. Put it this way, not a patch or even anywhere near the old BR sweats.

U found your RMC sweat to be lightweight and thin?!?!

I think you definitely something wrong (or perhaps you bought the summer weight hoody, but even then the material is fairly sturdy)

I own a samurai, buzz, strike gold, and RMC sweat, and the RMC one is hands down the heaviest.

I will admit that the shape was somewhat weird when I got it, but after some wear it has formed perfectly to my body, and is probably the best fitting sweat I own.

I would highly recommend RMC sweats to anyone. IMO, out of all the sweats I have handled, RMC and Strike Gold are definately the best, in terms of both fabric and fit.

rawsnoopy - you know, it could well have been the summer version, think it was September time-ish. I'm not sure I even knew at that time that they did seasonal versions. That said, it was still not great but I'm looking at the winter ones now with interest.

^Def check out the winter ones

Dunno if your into pullovers, but I lover theirs. Its fits really well and the neck and hood sit a little bit higher than most hoodies and serves as awesome wind protection for your neck

I would also definitely recommend their navy color. It looks blue from some angles, purple from others, I love it

coleslaw- "BR not being on the same level as RMC" i would agree with you 99% of the time but it depends on the price brackets you have to compare like with like.

Eg- The BR chambray is great for the money where the 8hr RMC is phenomenal, the price differance is also phenominal.

Where as the BR CPO and the RMC CPO are pretty much in the same price bracket. imo the BR supersedes it.

I will not get the oportunity the feel the RMC N-1 before purchase. The comparison i want is between the more expensive BR N-1 (seawater wash jungle cloth) with the McCoys N-1 both in the exact same price bracket at 57,750yen. Is it really that much more refined?

The only thing bothering me is the cpo/price bracket comparison thing.

Having tried the BR N-1 fit is fantastic.

M-65 still looks crispy new! All this talk about RMC makes me want to buy a sweater from them; can anyone chime in regarding sizing compared to (old) BR sweaters? I take a medium in the buzz and small in Barns (also old fit), small as well for RMC?