Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Poten Winter Collection of Japanese Baseball Caps

Poten’s Winter Collection of Caps are here!

This season we see Poten doing their caps in three all new fabrics. We have a navy colored nylon, a very nice lightweight brushed poly in black, and a wild ass olive watercolor camo nylon. These hats are crazy nice, nicer than any other straight ahead baseball cap we've ever seen.

Every cap style has a super soft and supple inner leather headband which has been lightly treated so it’s not destroyed by sweat.

The caps have zero exterior branding except for the stitches which you can see from the top of the crown from the interior branding tags being sewn into the center of the crown. The cap has a medium height crown and the brim has a medium length to it with 19 concentric stitches which feel and look pretty cool in person. If you're into baseball caps, you'll love what Poten is doing.

All three of these caps along with a restock of four previous models are available now at all stores and online.

Shop Poten Caps Online

Poten_Japanese_Made_Cap_Olive_Nylon_04-1
Poten_Japanese_Made_Cap_Olive_Nylon_06-1
Poten_Japanese_Made_Cap_Olive_Nylon_08-1
Poten_Japanese_Made_Cap_Olive_Nylon_09-1
Poten_Japanese_Made_Cap_Olive_Nylon_10-1

Poten_Japanese_Made_Cap_Navy_Nylon_04-10
Poten_Japanese_Made_Cap_Navy_Nylon_06-10
Poten_Japanese_Made_Cap_Navy_Nylon_08-10

Poten_Japanese_Made_Cap_Birdseye_Black_0

The Fine Creek Leathers Virginia Beach Type II Jacket

The Fine Creek horsehide Virginia Beach Type II jacket is here.  Fine Creek Leather’s jackets are unlike most other Japanese made leather jackets in that they’re actually produced by the designer in their own in-house workshop in Tokyo.  The attention to detail in the sewing shows, especially as the jacket ages and areas of the leather start to pucker to different degrees depending on what machine was used, what gauge of yarn was used, and the stitch count.  These are truly the best leather jackets we’ve seen come out of Japan.

You can find the Virginia Beach model along with the recently released Ryan in two colors and Alonzo jackets at all stores now.

Shop Fine Creek Jackets Online

fc_virginia_typeII_44_01-680x1025.jpg
fc_virginia_typeII_44_02-680x1025.jpg
fc_virginia_typeII_44_03-1025x680.jpg
fc_virginia_typeII_44_04-1025x680.jpg
fc_virginia_typeII_44_07-1025x680.jpg
fc_virginia_typeII_44_11-1025x680.jpg
fc_virginia_typeII_44_12-1025x680.jpg

Pure Blue Japan BG-019 Jeans & Indigo Yarn-Dyed T-Shirts

We’ve got some special Pure Blue Japan jeans releasing at all stores today. The BG-019 jean is made of a PBJ designed 14.5oz selvedge denim with an indigo/gray warp and a natural weft. This unique warp yarn gives the jean a medium indigo shade and will still age and lighten with wear over time like a darker blue jean would. These are made in PBJ’s popular straight tapered fit.

Next up we have a beautiful yarn-dyed indigo t-shirt, one that has a unique light feel to it compared to some of the other tees we stock. While this t-shirt is still considered “medium weight” we find that due to the type of cotton used and the process it's been through the t-shirt is quite comfortable right off the bat.

You can find this tee along with the new BG-019 jean at all stores.

Shop Pure Blue Japan Online

Pure_Blue_Japan_BG-019_Blue_Gray_Denim_J

pbj_slub_tshirt_01-680x1025.jpg
pbj_slub_tshirt_04-1025x680.jpg
pbj_slub_tshirt_07-1025x681.jpg

44 minutes ago, Broark said:

@kiya when will the new Stevenson thermals be up online?
Thinking I'll finally give those a whirl, I wore my black rhino short sleeve henley in XL yesterday and I think I can make the wool version work based on the charts.

They'll be up later today, and sizing is identical to previous runs to the millimeter. 

@kiya

I have a question regarding sizing on the PBJ SLB-013 denim on your site: https://www.selfedge.com/pure-blue-japan?product_id=2703

I reckon i'd be a size 36 based on the measurements but is the hem measurement correct for this size? The hem is listed as 7.75" but size 38 is also listed at 7.75". Is this a typo? Is the hem actually supposed to be 7.25" or is the listed 7.75" measurement correct? Thx

Stevenson Absolutely Amazing Merino Wool Thermal Shirts & Rangefinder Jackets

Stevenson’s Absolutely Amazing merino wool thermal shirts are back, and in new colors!  

These are some of the most impressive things we've ever carried.  Clients who’ve purchased these last year came back instantly asking for more colors and we're glad Stevenson was able to deliver this year.  You can find the new black, olive, and dark gray colors along with a restock of the khaki and navy at all stores now.

We also have a new run of the Rangefinder jacket!  These Stevenson jackets arrived in November and sold out so fast we barely had them available for our local customers to try on.  Atsu from Stevenson had enough of this custom fabric to make another small run of jackets and they’ve just arrived at all stores.  

This jacket is an SOC-style interpretation of a US Army fatigue jacket worn during the 1960s. It features a military motif, but flipped by being made out of an original camouflage design based on Western designs. The original camo print has combined with Western patterns onto a 100% cotton ripstop fabric. The fabric was then washed with a special nano mist treatment that made the patterns blend in to create a vintage-like texture.

You can find all these great things at all stores now.

Shop Stevenson Overall Online

Stevenson_Absolutely_Amazing_Merino_Wool

soc_amazing_merino_navy_xl_01-680x1025.j
soc_amazing_merino_navy_xl_05-1025x680.j

soc_amazing_merino_ltgray_xl_01-680x1025
soc_amazing_merino_ltgray_xl_06-1025x680

stevenson_amazing_thermal_khaki_xl_01-68
stevenson_amazing_thermal_khaki_xl_05-10

Stevenson_Olive_Camo_Rangefinder_Jacket-

On 12/21/2020 at 9:31 AM, Broark said:

Got one of the thermals headed my way, fingers crossed that it fits!

What size did you get? I'm looking at an XL... I'm usually 1 size smaller than you... 

Edited by mpukas

2 minutes ago, mpukas said:

What size did you get? I'm looking at an XL... I'm usually 1 size smaller than you... 

I went with the dark grey XL, received it today and it's super nice. Arguably one of the nicest things I've ever purchased from SE which is saying something.
Will get some photos up in the Stevenson thread tomorrow. Already trying to decide on what color I want next...

5 hours ago, Broark said:

I went with the dark grey XL, received it today and it's super nice. Arguably one of the nicest things I've ever purchased from SE which is saying something.
Will get some photos up in the Stevenson thread tomorrow. Already trying to decide on what color I want next...

I knew you would appreciate these!  I've bought one or two colors three years in a row now.  It's one of the few items where every winter I think "should I buy doubles in case he stops making them?". 

7 hours ago, kiya said:

I knew you would appreciate these!  I've bought one or two colors three years in a row now.  It's one of the few items where every winter I think "should I buy doubles in case he stops making them?". 

I totally get that now that I have one in hand, might be the softest / most comfortable wool I've handled (Outlier's merino wool tees are a close 2nd).
Flip flopping between green, black or blue next.

The 3sixteen Suffused Collection of Jeans, Hoodies, Thermals & Tees

This week we're releasing a special collection from 3sixteen which has been garment dyed then treated for a particular shade of washed-out dark charcoal which we're calling Aphotic Anthracite. The 3sixteen Suffused Collection consists of a pair of jeans in their new NT (narrow tapered) fit, a pull-over hoodie, a heavy long sleeve thermal, and a pocket t-shirt.

The OD-100x jeans will slowly fade to gray then to indigo as the top coating of dye wears off with regular wear and washing. The thermal starts off as a 3sixteen developed natural 100% cotton waffle-knit fabric that’s garment dyed to the Aphotic Anthracite color. The pull-over hoodie and t-shirt are also cut and sewn then garment dyed and treated to give them this particular dark but washed out color. All these items have a nice lived-in comfortable feel to them due to the finishing process.

The 3sixteen Suffused Collection is now available in stores and online.

Shop 3sixteen Online

3sixteen_overdyed_collection_1-1734x1208

3sixteen_OD-100x_Overdyed_Narrow_Tapered

3sixteen_Overdyed_French_Terry_Pull_Over

3sixteen_Overdyed_Long_Sleeve_Thermal_Ap
3sixteen_Overdyed_Long_Sleeve_Thermal_Ap

3sixteen_Overdyed_Dyed_Pocket_T-Shirt_Ap

Studio D'Artisan Winter Collection of Flannels & More

The final delivery from Studio D’Artisan’s winter collection is here.  We have heavy brushed flannels, hard washed sashiko shirts, indigo-dyed cord jackets, and SDA's anniversary Blossom Weft jeans.

The winter flannels are made of SDA's in-house designed heavy cotton flannel that’s been brushed on the interior for comfort and is available in Blue Kush or Red Eye colors.  We also have the hard-washed sashiko shirt, they nailed the look and feel of this sashiko fabric; this is a standout piece from the new collection.

The cord jacket is made of an indigo-dyed corduroy fabric and is lined with a soft sheep lining and comes with black snap buttons, hand pockets, and a single flapped chest pocket.

In addition to these items we have a fresh run of their SP-065 jeans produced exclusively for our stores due to how quickly the initial run sold out.

Shop Studio D'Artisan Online

Studio_D’Artisan_Winter_Flannel_Blue_Kus

Studio_D’Artisan_Winter_Flannel_Red_Eye_
Studio_D’Artisan_Winter_Flannel_Red_Eye_

Studio_DArtisan_Diamond_Sashiko_Shirt_Ha
Studio_DArtisan_Diamond_Sashiko_Shirt_Ha

Studio_D’Artisan_Indigo-Dyed_Cord_Jacket

SD_SP-065_Cherry_Blossom_Jeans_1-680x102
SD_SP-065_Cherry_Blossom_Jeans_4-680x102
SD_SP-065_Cherry_Blossom_Jeans_6-680x102

3 hours ago, JDelage said:

@kiya - Your site's description of the cord jacket says "Soft Sheep Lining", but I think it's synthetic.

I think you have a cached version of that product page up, please force reload the page.

Pure Blue Japan Black/Black Slub Jeans & Tees

Some really good black jeans from Pure Blue Japan have come in this week. This model is made of a PBJ designed 14oz selvedge denim made from a slub cotton fiber. You don’t see black warp / black weft jeans with this level of character within the fabric very often. These look great when new and look even better broken in. 

We also have PBJ's yarn-dyed indigo tees in two shades.  We have their dark indigo color and a “sunburned” faded out version. These have a unique light feel to them compared to some of the other tees we stock.  While these tees are considered “medium weight” we find that due to the type of cotton used and the process they've been through these tees are quite comfortable right off the bat.

You can find these black jeans and indigo tees at all stores now.

Shop Pure Blue Japan Online

pbj_019bb_01-680x1025.jpg
pbj_019bb_07-1025x680.jpg
pbj_019bb_10-1025x680.jpg
pbj_019bb_11-1025x680.jpg

PBJ_Sunburned_Indigo_T-shirt_1-680x1025.
PBJ_Sunburned_Indigo_T-shirt_7-680x1025.

pbj_slub_tshirt_01-680x1025.jpg
pbj_slub_tshirt_04-1025x680.jpg
pbj_slub_tshirt_07-1025x681.jpg

4 hours ago, Thanks_M8 said:

^that jacket he's wearing is great! Human made?

Yup, we actually just sold the last one not too long ago.

Edited by kiya

3 hours ago, unorthodox said:

@kiya any plans to stock the zip up hoodies from merz b schwanen?

We currently have no plans to stock their zip hoodies as the next delivery from Merz is their spring/summer collection which consists of mostly t-shirts.

Warehouse & Buzz Rickson Loopwheeled Crewneck Sweaters

This week we've got loopwheeled crewneck sweaters to keep you warm during this winter season from Warehouse and Buzz Rickson.  These sweaters come in six colors and you can find them now at all stores.

Shop Warehouse Online

Shop Buzz Rickson Online

3sixteen Drunk Check Flannels, Mechanic Jackets, & Hoodies

We’ve got a hot one this week from 3sixteen’s last winter drop.  First up we have their new Drunk Check Crosscut flannel. These are produced of a 100% cotton Japanese flannel which is slack weave woven for extra pattern depth and are finished with enamel coated metal fisheye buttons. 

We also have 3sixteen’s new Mechanic’s Jacket. These are made of a Japanese produced 41/59 wool/cotton blend fabric that’s been boiled so the end result is a light but warm and soft fabric. The jackets are finished with gunmetal color double-pull zippers and buttons and have two interior pockets. 

In addition to these two new releases we are now also offering 3sixteen's black fleece hoodies in a pull-over style.  These are built to last and are brushed on the interior for comfort.  You can find all these items now at all stores.

Shop 3sixteen Online

3sixteen_Crosscut_Flannel_Drunk_Check_Mu

3sixteen_Mechanic_Jacket_Black_Boiled_Wo

3sixteen_Heavyweight_Hoodie_Pull_Over_Bl

Iron Heart Jeans, Jackets, Socks, & More

We've just received a huge delivery from Iron Heart containing everything from jeans to jackets to socks.  We've got the straight tapered 633 jeans in an overdyed 18oz denim, the slim tapered 777 in 14oz indigo and 17oz cotton duck, the straight leg 634s in an overdyed 21oz denim, and more.  

Along with the jeans we've got fresh production runs of denim jackets, overshirts in both indigo and overdyed, and they're super comfortable socks in two colors.

You can find all these items at all of our stores and online now.

Shop Iron Heart Online

Fine Creek Leathers Leon Custom Jackets

Fine Creek Leathers’ Leon Custom jacket here is, available now in a 1.3mm all-season horsehide. These things age like nothing else and are sewn with massive attention to detail. They can achieve this because they’re (from what we know) one of the only small leather jacket brands in Japan making their jackets in-house in their own sewing studio. Yoshi Yamazaki, the creative director, is a detail freak and it shows once you start seeing how the leather ages and how the seams pucker over time with regular wear. 

These are available now at our four US stores and online.  Please check the product page for a full spec list, measurements, and detail photos.

Shop Fine Creek Leathers Online

Fine_Creek_Leon_Custom_Horsehide_Jacket_

The Masahiro Maruyama "Monocle" Eyewear Collection

This week we have three eyewear releases from Masahiro Maruyama as part of his new "Monocle" collection. All three are made of Japanese acetate (including his newly developed “marble acetate”) and titanium and come with tinted Carl Zeiss lenses with each frame's lens color matching the frame to the designer's specifications. As always, these lenses can be swapped out for prescription lenses by any optician.

All three of these frames are quite unique and the attention to detail in both design and material finish is top notch, truly he's pushing the boundaries of eyewear design and manufacturing.

Along with these three new models we've received new runs of four of his best sellers which we sold out of during the first production run.

You can find the new collection and restocks at all 5 of our stores now.

Shop Masahiro Maruyama Online

Masahiro_Maruyama_Titanium_Sunglasses_MM

The Sugar Cane 2021 Slim Tapered Jean, 1947, & Belts

Sugar Cane’s new jean for the year is here, appropriately named the 2021 model. They’ve taken their famed 1947 jean and changed the fit into a slim tapered silhouette. Same 14.25oz denim, same hardware, and same stitching/construction details as the 1947 jean, but now available in a true slim tapered fit. 

You can find the new 2021 jean along with a full restock of 1947 jean, belts in six styles, and Buzz Rickson's loopwheeled flatlock sweaters at all stores now.

Shop Sugar Cane Online

Sugar_Cane_2021_14.25oz_Denim_Jeans_Slim

Sugar_Cane_Cowhide_Leather_Belt_Tan_Stud
Sugar_Cane_Cowhide_Leather_Belt_Tan_Stud
Sugar_Cane_Cowhide_Leather_Belt_Black_St
Sugar_Cane_Cowhide_Leather_Belt_Black_St

Pure Blue Japan Nep Denim Jeans

Pure Blue Japan have a new run of 17oz denim jeans made of a slub cotton and they’re looking real nice. They’re made of a short staple cotton which is woven into a slack weave denim for maximum character and breathability. 

These jeans are available in their popular "019" straight tapered and “013” slim tapered fits. You can now find both models at our stores.

013 Fit:
Pure_Blue_Japan_NP-013_17oz_Nep_Denim_Je

019 Fit: 
pbj_np019_17oz_36_01-680x1025.jpg
Pure_Blue_Japan_NP-019_17oz_Nep_Denim_Je
Pure_Blue_Japan_NP-019_17oz_Nep_Denim_Je

Strike Gold's Fluffy Loopwheeled Sweaters & Jean Restocks

Strike Gold’s loopwheeled fleeces are some of the softest and fluffiest we’ve come across. They don’t make many of them so we rarely have them in stock. We’ve just received a small restock of both crewneck sweaters and zip hoodies in various colors along with a full restock of their 15.5oz double indigo jeans in both slim tapered and straight tapered fits.

You can get em now at all stores and online.

Shop Strike Gold Online