Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Coming this week to all stores... Himel Brothers Leather for Self Edge. Two styles, two leathers.

(photo shoot outtakes)

XXX_0099.jpg

XXX_0100.jpg

Introducing Himel Brothers Leather Horsehide Jackets

After six years of looking for the right leather jacket collection we're proud to announce the addition of a horsehide leather jacket collection at Self Edge. We bring you Himel Brothers Leather.

David Himel's passion for leather jackets grew out of a vintage clothing business that was started in 1993. The beginnings of the internet and the desire to accumulate knowledge as to which garments had value lead him to research furiously every detail of construction, heritage, and the history behind each rare piece he found. It was only after the publication of Rin Tanaka’s book Motorcycle Jackets: A Century of Design did he realize that he had been the source of so many of the jackets in the book. It was that book that metamorphosed David Himel from seller to collector and researcher of leather jackets. David's own family history had been sportswear manufacturing in the 1930s until the 1960s. Himel Brothers Leather is an homage to his grandfather and his two brothers.

David contacted the oldest schemata men left alive in his family and picked their brains on company histories, sewing techniques, and designs to understand how to make the perfect leather jacket. By working with some of the most talented and knowledgeable people in the business Himel Brothers was born out of sweat and research. David tracked down the finest and most authentic hides from the best of the best tanneries globally, sourced the finest replica zippers and accumulated old stock parts over several years. David drew upon his collections of the rarest designs and tailored each pattern by hand, making each jacket one by one using 1930s bench made techniques. The Himel Brothers Leather team are some of the finest leather craftspeople in the business and they pride themselves on trying to be the best of the best as garment makers. David Himel has sourced original machinery and parts and where none were available, found the most authentic new materials to each period of jacket. Himel Brothers believes everybody deserves to have “One Good Thingâ€!

We have two styles which are designed and produced exclusively for Self Edge. Both of these styles are made of horsehide and are made in extremely small numbers, one jacket at a time, with the leather even being tanned and cured exclusively for the jacket by the top tannery in the world, Japan's Shinki Leather Tannery.

Visit our online store and view the product pages which list full specifications on both jackets including measurements and hi-res photos.

Shop Himel Brothers Leather Online

HB_BLK_01.JPG

HB_BLK_04.jpg

HB_BLK_05.JPG

HB_BLK_07.JPG

HB_BLK_12.JPG

HB_BLK_13.JPG

HB_BLK_14.JPG

HB_BLK_15.JPG

HB_BLK_016.JPG

Man, I agree with the previous comments. For any dudes struggling with the ladies, this may be the cure!

Borat: Do this have a pussy magnet?

Car Dealer: No. The vehicle itself would be a magnet.

Borat: If I give you good price, will you please put in pussy magnet?

hey kiya, does seny have a pair of gunslinger pantaloons in 30?

Hi--

I'm interested in the Real Japan Blues 106bsp. I don't like my thighs too tight, though, and sometimes that cut looks similar to Flat Head 310/3001 to me (which has thighs that are too tight for my liking); are the thighs on the RJB106bsp roomier than on the FH310s?

Thanks!

hey kiya, does seny have a pair of gunslinger pantaloons in 30?

Nope, sold out.

Hi--

I'm interested in the Real Japan Blues 106bsp. I don't like my thighs too tight, though, and sometimes that cut looks similar to Flat Head 310/3001 to me (which has thighs that are too tight for my liking); are the thighs on the RJB106bsp roomier than on the FH310s?

Thanks!

The 106BSP is definitely roomier than the F310/3001 from Flat Head. They run true to size too, they shrink to about tagged size.

The 106BSP is definitely roomier than the F310/3001 from Flat Head. They run true to size too, they shrink to about tagged size.

Thanks, Kiya. What about the RJB 103bsp--is that thigh also roomier than the FH310? And between the RJB 103bsp and 106bsp, which has the roomier thigh?

Thanks

Thanks, Kiya. What about the RJB 103bsp--is that thigh also roomier than the FH310? And between the RJB 103bsp and 106bsp, which has the roomier thigh?

Thanks

No, the 103BSP is quite slim, it's definitely slim from the top down. I'd stick with the 106BSP.

Hey kiya, was just wondering is the SelfedgexDrybonesxSufu hairy/slubby?

It's slightly hair, not slubby though.

^Oh.. any jeans to compare with the similarity of hairs?

Not really, every jean is unique and we've got 55 models of jeans that we sell. If you can drop by one of the stores to see them in person. What jeans do you currently own that i can compare them to?

Announcing for the general public of the Self Edge people:

Self Edge San Francisco will be closed August 13, 14, and 15. We will open again for regular business hours on (thursday) August 16. SENY and SELA will be unaffected by this closure.

We're remodeling SESF (new/different paint, more dressing rooms, new lighting, rebuilding the mezzanine, adding a shipping fulfillment room behind the store, and more) this week. On September 1st The Six Year Itch Party will be taking place at the store. More info to follow.

Edited by kiya

K. how comparable is the fit of IH-7301s-bk and IH-301s-07bk-od, both size 34?...from the measurements i´d guess that it´s actually the exact same fit...is the 301s-07bk going to stretch the same amount as the 7301s?

thanks!...

The fits are supposed to be identical but due to the fabrics and treatments you're going to get a little bit of variation.

^^ apc, nudies and N&F

The jeans you're asking about are nothing like the three brands you listed, and because you've not seen any of the other brands we carry in person there's no used comparing the hairiness of of the jean you asked about. Regardless, hairiness goes away over a short amount of wear time anyway.

Flat Head Horsehide Jacket, Canvas & Cowhide Sneakers, and Summer Shirts

Flat Head & Real Japan Blues have just delivered one of the hottest releases of the year. We've got horsehide jackets, sneakers, shirts, polos, t-shirts, wallets, belts, and more.

First up we've got an amazing jacket made of a black horsehide and an original nylon lining. Everything from the buckles to the zipper are original Flat Head produced product and every part of the jacking including all the trim is 100% produced in Japan. Fit and construction are as to be expected from Flat Head, top notch.

Next up we've got a set of new sneakers made of canvas and cowhide, available in two colors and also fully made in Japan, even the sole. It's quite hard to find sneakers which are made in Japan, most Japanese brands still produce their sneakers in large factories in Vietnam or China where as Flat Head set up a special factory inside one of their shirt making factories to produce their line of sneakers.

We've also got a line of new shirts from both Flat Head and Real Japan Blues. All the new shirts are short sleeve shirts great for warmer weather wear. One of these is a hand painted fabric polo shirt, yes, hand painted. The pattern on this RJB polo is literally painted on by hand after the shirt has been cut and sewn.

Along with all these new items we've received full restocks of all Flat Head, Real Japan Blues, and Wild Child wallets, belts, card cases, and jeans. All these items are available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online store. The sneakers are available only at SENY and our online store.

Shop Flat Head Online

Shop Real Japan Blues Online

Shop Wild Child Online

FH_LEATHER_01.JPG

FH_LEATHER_02.JPG

FH_LEATHER_04.JPG

FH_LEATHER_08.JPG

FH_LEATHER_10.JPG

FH_LEATHER_12.JPG

FH_LEATHER_15.JPG

fh2sneakerlo_black_2.jpg

fh2sneakerlo_black_5.jpg