Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Damn. where to kop then? i only saw the selectism blog about them with a link to blackbird where they are sold out now. Anywhere else I should look?

Go here: http://www.yelp.com/biz/chocolate-covered-san-francisco

Here's a fun fact.

I was deciding between opening one of two stores four years ago, either Self Edge or a high end bean-to-bar and origin bean only chocolate shop in the Ferry Building of San Francisco. My partner in the chocolate shop was to be Jack, the owner (of 12 years) of Chocolate Covered. I decided to do SE, CC2 is still to come.

dude you should totally partner up on a cc2 in/near the ferry building... that shit next to blue bottle could be a double barrel to people's heads.

you may want to lose the street sign tins/license plate thing though haha

actually now that i think of it you should do that in nyc - there's no place even comparable, our options are the hipster/novelty vosges / bald man and stuffy-ass french joints like maison du chocolat. you can do coffee to guarantee day-to-day revenue, it's not like anyone's exactly sewn up the market here...

readytoignite: SENY is the only thing i'm down to run in NYC, everything else will happen in California...

Dick Danger: I agree. Vosges is ok, but it's not a chocolate company, they make candy.

It's great for those that aren't hardcore into chocolate but love interesting things done with chocolate. Markoff essentially invented the idea of doing off base things with chocolate outside of a few people in Austria (none of which did it well).

Let's take this conversation here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=62438

We're getting the SEXIH07BK jeans back in, only 3 of each size, to make up for the over 40 pairs that didn't make it past QC.

We're putting them on the site on February 1st.

New 3sixteen Waxed Cotton Stadium Jackets are in!

The Stadium Jacket is made of 5.5oz waxed poly/canvas material that is produced by the last North American manufacturer of waxed canvas fabrics. The jacket feature black ribbing material on the cuffs, collar, waist and pockets, as well as a gunmetal zipper. The jacket also has a quilted jersey lining and a hidden inner pocket.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=82

3sixteen_green_01.jpg

3sixteen_green_01_02.jpg

3sixteen_black_01.jpg

3sixteen_black_01_02.jpg

I've heard that waxed garments have a tendency to look like shit after repeated wear and/or a few washes, is that true? kiya do you have any insight on how these might age?

I always felt the opposite is true... How it wears in depends on how it's waxed.

Most Barbour and Belstaff jackets which are waxed look brand new for years. These 3sixteen jackets will age well over time and crease and change color, not unlike a pair of raw jeans.

Asked this question a few pages back, but didn't see anything. Any news on the SExSkull? Is it even happening?

Want something to prevent me from falling prey to some other sexy thing.

I wouldn't wait for it, it will come but might not be soon...

I've heard that waxed garments have a tendency to look like shit after repeated wear and/or a few washes, is that true? kiya do you have any insight on how these might age?

The jacket will only look better with repeated wear - as for washing, waxed canvas should never be thrown into the washing machine. A damp cloth should be used to wipe it down, and some mild bar or saddle soap can be used if necessary.

Just a question kiya. I just got the dry bones twisted chambray, but is there anything i have to do with them before wearing? for example, a wash or soak? thanks

It's already been soaked, no need to do anything to it, just start wearing it.

are the chambray's like denim, where you wear them more

they look better?

The navy colored ones age like denim because they're pure indigo dyed.