Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

any restock on the SEXI14 (indigo) sz 29?

We've got that at SENY and SELA if you want to place a phone order.

When Iron heart 301s sz.27-28 wiil restock?

Monday.

Hey K. ,

Any restock of the 3Sixteen ST-220x double black expected ?

Is there any alternative in stock for a black selvage, slim tapered, warp & weft dyed jean ?

Thank you

That 3sixteen jean isn't being made again till July or August.

We have the Iron Heart 301s cut being made in the SBG denim coming next month, that's black/black, fades, selvedge fabric.

Just received a full Iron Heart restock at all stores including the 301s slim cut jean, belts, jackets, vests, and all other jean models which are currently in production:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=71

Kiya, I'm starting to think about a new pair of jeans, and I'm curious about the strike gold 1109s. Looking at the images on your site, the denim looks similar to the old Eternal 872s, but less streaky. Would you say that's a fair assessment? I'm wanting something that's out of the ordinary. My first thought was the recycled Sugar Canes, but I don't see them on your site anymore.

Kiya, I'm starting to think about a new pair of jeans, and I'm curious about the strike gold 1109s. Looking at the images on your site, the denim looks similar to the old Eternal 872s, but less streaky. Would you say that's a fair assessment? I'm wanting something that's out of the ordinary. My first thought was the recycled Sugar Canes, but I don't see them on your site anymore.

The denim is far closer to PBJ denim than Eternals. They're not slubby as much as they have massive engineered loom chatter, so the initial feel is abrasive.

Edited by kiya

Posted (edited) · Hidden by nortbab, May 15, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by nortbab, May 15, 2012 - No reason given

hey kiya,

i'm interested in the 301s. my tts is 29 and i have a pair of sz 29 3001 and they fit perfect. i saw the measurements on the site and it looks like i can go with a 28. what would you recommend?

thanks

Edited by nortbab

Kiya, will the SBG 301s have the selvage outseam?

No, because the cut is tapered from the inner AND outer leg to achieve the exact slim fit of the 301s.

I wondered why the 301 doesn't have a selvedge outseam. I'm not sure I understand. Are other tapered selvedge jeans only tapered on the outseam?

Every selvedge jean that shows selvedge on the outseam has a completely straight outer leg on the cut. To achieve a certain slim fitting jean with the exact cut you want you need to cut the outseam off so that you can taper the jean from the inner and outer leg.

Hey Kiya, do my Flat Head BSPs have all-cotton or cotton/poly thread construction? I'm guessing the latter, but it doesn't say on the SE product description page.

Those are cotton/poly stitch.

just to be sure, when i order my bsp's, i should definitely size up one from my unbranded size? i wouldn't want them to be any more relaxed a fit than what these are in the leg really.

i'm always amazed by kiya's confidence in recommending sizes based on "i wear size x in brand a, what size do i need in brand b?".

to be sure, i would

1. grab a tape measure and your unbranded jeans.
  2. measure them following these instructions: http://www.selfedge.com/_measurements.php
  3. look at self edge's bsp size/measurement chart
  4. buy one size up from the size with the same waist measurement as your unbranded jeans (to account for shrinkage after soaking)

these instructions are assuming your unbranded jeans fit you comfortably. if they are too big or too small, then compensate for sizing accordingly.

Those new tees arrive at all SE stores next week, will have pricing/info then.