Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Watched it this morning, was really surprised at how good it was, especially for how short it was. Definitely started freaking out for Warp and Weft for a sec when I saw Lynn then Roy, but I was relieved when it didn't go in depth. Still awesome exposure though, a lot of self edge shots, and Kiya in there too, unfortunately no mention though :(

do you get any tfh se05bsp in again soon... or ever?

May 20th.

any zippos left at sesf? and if not, will there be a restock? thanks!

Nope, we sold all 80 in less than a week. You can place a phone order with SELA or SENY if you'd like.

We may get some more in a few weeks, not sure yet.

Hey Kiya, received my Kawatako key hook. Thanks, its great. was too lazy to Bart over and pick it up in person.

One question: You guys planning on doing any more Self Edge by Al's Attire type of shirts in the future?

Nope, no more Self Edge shirts, the SE line is strictly accessories now.

bummer..

Sorry for the redundant questions, any time frame on restock of Buzz Rickson chambray shirts?

I believe the next time BR is doing their chambray shirts is in the fall/winter, i'll find out when i go to the show in Tokyo next week.

Getting Breezy With Sun Surf & Star of Hollywood

Nothing is boring when you're wearing a shirt that makes you smile every time you put it on. That's the idea behind a lot of the shirts we get at Self Edge during the spring and summer seasons. For the winter you have flannels, heavy shirts, and jackets, things to keep you warm and comfortable during travel or for every day use. For the spring and summer we shed those heavy shirts for things that scream sunshine.

We've just received the Sun Surf and Star of Hollywood collections, both these labels are produced by Toyo of Sugar Cane, Mister Freedom, & Buzz Rickson fame.

The hottest shirt we had in 2011 was a three-quarter sleeve oxford that was printed with swaying palm trees and hula girls, we had no idea people would go crazy over this thing. We begged Toyo to redo this shirt all year and so they've made a new run for this season.

Along with these 3/4 sleeve shirts we've received some amazing polo shirts from Star of Hollywood. Try a polo, you'd be surprised how well it would fit into your wardrobe if you've been buying from Self Edge in the past. Just remember the three rules to the polo shirt. Never wear anything underneath a polo, never wear anything on top of a polo, and most importantly, never tuck a polo shirt into your pants.

Also from Sun Surf we've received some loopwheeled hoodies and shorts made of some of the softest brushed fabric you've ever felt, complete with your recommended daily allowance of fruit.

Lastly we've got something that i'm not even sure what to make of, oddly enough it sold so fast in-store that we've got only a few left for the online store, it's the Sun Surf Supima Cotton French Terry Zip Sweat.

All these items are available now at Self Edge San Francisco and the online store. The Sun Surf oxfords and polo shirts are available at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store. Check the online store for hi-res photos, measurements, and spec lists on all these item.

Shop Sun Surf & Star of Hollywood

Sun Surf 3/4 Sleeve Hula Oxford - Blue

Sun_surf_blue_01.JPG

Sun_surf_blue_01_03.JPG

Sun Surf 3/4 Sleeve Hula Oxford - White

Sun_surf_white_01.JPG

Sun_surf_white_01_03.JPG

Star of Hollywood Polo - Black Diamond

STAR_DIAMND_01.JPG

STAR_DIAMND_03.JPG

Star of Hollywood Polo - White Diamond

STAR_WHITE_01.JPG

STAR_WHITE_03.JPG

Star of Hollywood Polo - Orange Atomic

STAR_ORNG_01.JPG

STAR_ORNG_03.JPG

Star of Hollywood Polo - Black Atomic

STAR_OVAL_01.JPG

STAR_OVAL_03.JPG

Star of Hollywood Polo - Brown Atomic

[/img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JI3n3H2Pyzw/T6liQFZnlkI/AAAAAAAAAHw/deVpMzFII_c/s1600/STAR_POLO_BRN_01.JPGSTAR_POLO_BRN_03.JPG

Sun Surf Supima French Terry Zip Sweat

ISLAND_HOODIE_01.JPG

ISLAND_HOODIE_02.JPG

ISLAND_HOODIE_05.JPG

Sun Surf Pineapple Time Loopwheeled Hoodie - Blue

PINEAPPLE_BLUE_01.JPG

PINEAPPLE_BLUE_04.JPG

PINEAPPLE_BLUE_05.JPG

Sun Surf Pineapple Time Loopwheeled Hoodie - Gray

PINEAPPLE_GREY_01.JPG

PINEAPPLE_GREY_04.JPG

PINEAPPLE_GREY_05.JPG

Sun Surf Pineapple Time Loopwheeled Shorts

PINEAPPLE_SHORTS_01.JPG

Those polos are crazy cool. It's fun to see Self Edge bucking the workwear trend and offering some more unique vintage-styled stuff.

We never did much workwear, even from the beginning we carried things like these polos and rayon shirts. We got lumped in with the workwear trend for about a year or so till people realized we were always doing a little bit of it and we'll continue doing it. Our mission isn't anything other than vintage style garments where the quality and attention to detail is better than anything else available in the world, hence why it almost all comes from Japan.

It probably just seems that way because dominant brands like Iron Heart and Flat Head seem to have a lot more workshirts on SE than, say, westerns (though I'm glad to hear this may be changing soon!)

The white diamond polo is my favorite - those buttons look great.

Hey Kiya, do you have a favorite brand that you carry? I mean in the overall sense, business practices, ideologies, designs etc and why? I'd assume The Flathead but of course what do I know.

Overall my favorite brand is Real Japan Blues. Imagine Flat Head but it's no holds barred, they'll go to any length to make a garment special, hence the price tags. My mind is blown every time i visit Tokyo and see their new collection, the attention to detail (such an overused statement) is mind boggling. If you visit a Self Edge store do yourself a favor and look closely at the RJB shirts or jeans.

New Flathead shoes up on SE. Unfortunately they only come in elf sizes.

They run quite big, i sized down one entire size from my Nike/NewBalance size.

My mind is blown every time i visit Tokyo and see their new collection, the attention to detail (such an overused statement) is mind boggling. If you visit a Self Edge store do yourself a favor and look closely at the RJB shirts or jeans.

Really wish you guys brought over more RJB shirts. Or maybe you do but they don't show up online.

I am an 11.5 in dress shoes and a 12 in New Balance.

I don't think the size 10 is going to fit you, if it doesn't email me and we'll sort you out.