Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

kiya how much will the leg opening and thigh shrink after a wash or soak? and will they stretch much anywhere else?

This pant doesn't shrink much at all, shrinkage is very minimal, i'd say about .1" to .2" in the thigh/knee/hem.

Not sure what the final numbers were, but i think kiya told me he was going to have six in each size at each shop. So, not too many.

Are the jungle cloth pants going to be duper limited? Or will I still be able to purchase some in a few months/next winter?

All our collaborations are just made in one run, it's not that we WANT to make them limited it's just that the factories have minimums and we have to meet them and therefore do one run of the collabs.

They used to last a few months but with the last few collaborations they're gone within a few weeks.

I wear a size 34 in Iron Heart 634S, which fits perfectly ...looking at the measurements of the Jungle Cloth I was considering a size 33 which has similar sizing. The JC's appear a bit too wide at 34. Does this seem like the right decision? Thanks for any input :)

I wear a size 34 in Iron Heart 634S, which fits perfectly ...looking at the measurements of the Jungle Cloth I was considering a size 33 which has similar sizing. The JC's appear a bit too wide at 34. Does this seem like the right decision? Thanks for any input :)

I'd go with the same size unless you're looking for a really slim fit, in that case go for one size down from you Iron Heart size.

I wear a size 34 in the 634s and am happy with the fit of either 34 or 33.... I chose to go with the 33 for a slimmer fit and a tighter waist, but as Kiya said both will work.

I just wanted to give a quick thanks to the Self Edge stores in Valencia and NY (Chinatown?haha) for being so damned nice and accommodating when I've visited. I expected the hospitality in San Fran, simply because typically houses nice people, but in NY, you guys were a diamond in the rough. So, thanks again, after a long day of toiling through Houston in all of its snobbiness for being hospitable.

I just wanted to give a quick thanks to the Self Edge stores in Valencia and NY (Chinatown?haha) for being so damned nice and accommodating when I've visited. I expected the hospitality in San Fran, simply because typically houses nice people, but in NY, you guys were a diamond in the rough. So, thanks again, after a long day of toiling through Houston in all of its snobbiness for being hospitable.

I Couldnt agree more, I stopped in SENY and the two guys were more than friendly. No snobiness at all. Welcoming and helpful right from the get go. Thumbs up to self edge ny and the staff. Hopefully next time I visit the help I get will be for a new pair of jeans.

Jungle Cloth SEXT11 Report back...

Able to swing by SESF today and feel, touch and test drive the SEXT11 hot pants. Soft to touch but still has that sturdy quality feel to it. Its kinda hard to describe, cuz I haven't seen anything like it. Details like the rivets, inside lining, etc is amazing. The interior of the pants almost feel like fleece but my impression is that you can wear it all year round in all occasions (work & play). Fit is on point as well, slightly slim straight but will work well on all body types. Almost walked out with it but I'll definitely be coming back to pick it up. If I'm going to have 1 pair of Khaki pants in my life - this is it. Overall, you will not be disappointed.

I'm planning on using these mostly for work also and the fit is fine for tucked in shirts. I didn't think the rise was an issue at all when I tried it on. I would probably hem it shorter than cuffed denim length just because I prefer Khakis to have a non-stacked look especially for business casual wear. Khakis tend to look sloppy when the length is too long.

Kiya, what's the typical turn around time for repair jobs?

Crotch repair, and possibly pocket repair?

3 to 5 days.