Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Sure you can, but this is perfect example of escapism. I don't think you need to be a lumberjack just to dress like one. You have a right to wear what you like. But, to me (and remember this is only my opinion that has been posted on the internets and should in no way effect how you feel about the clothes you wear) it just seems fake. Then again, I admit to obsessing over function just as much as form. So, something that may look good, but serves no function, seems useless to me.

Really, I think I've said about all I can on this matter x10. What it all comes down to is: Wear whatever the hell you want- I don't care, even if it's a latex body condom. Just don't, for the love of God, expect that I need to somehow justify to any of you what I am wearing.

Bring on the jungle cloth!

taking it to the wire...

no one is asking you to justify your clothes. i just want to know why you judge people by theirs? if i did dress like a lumberjack, why does that mean i want to be one? i don't think we as a group of people should be judging people by their clothes. whats fake about me wanting to be a lumberjack in form but not function? my freedom of choice is fake???

my two cents. i agree wear what you want how you want. object to other people's idea of fashion, a.k.a. whats cool, popular, hip. but judging people by there clothes in any way not concerning fashion i think is somewhat.. say bigoted for lack of a better word. i see labeling someone as fake as a small skip from labeling them as gay or stupid or arrogant. etc.

and i'm done. thread can be continued in trash as aforementioned.

sorry kiya and anyone else who may have been offended by the off topic discussion. Selfedge-LA!!! WOOOOO!

PEACE

mrswitch has a point. Im sure there are people out there who if they are told that SE has a new range of whatever, they will drop a fair bit of money on it to fit in with their internet friends. I can see exactly what he means by referring to hypebeasting.

If Kiya said SE have got some nice new thick and warm chinos for sale, that wouldnt have lead to the mild delirium that the term 'jungle cloth' causes for some people. Mister Freedom gear appears to have the same effect on some folks too.

That said, I watch this thread avidly waiting for some new FH shirts

Really can't wait for the jungle cloth pants to drop and the TSL collar.

Who cares what we wear or why we wear. We just do whether it be quality, fashion, to impress, to fit in, or whatever. Everyone I know things I'm completely retarted for spending 200-300 dollars on jeans but I just say alright cool. In that way I stand out from them and don't fit it bc they'll never understand really.

I was complaining about my 21oz N&F digging into the back of my leg and my friend made a comment about fashion over comfort. In a way I guess he is right but at the same time again just doesn't get it.

Not trying to contribute to any side of the arguement just saying it's not worth fighting over. Carry on though i'll be waiting for SE updates haha

mrswitch has a point. Im sure there are people out there who if they are told that SE has a new range of whatever, they will drop a fair bit of money on it to fit in with their internet friends. I can see exactly what he means by referring to hypebeasting.

If Kiya said SE have got some nice new thick and warm chinos for sale, that wouldnt have lead to the mild delirium that the term 'jungle cloth' causes for some people. Mister Freedom gear appears to have the same effect on some folks too.

That said, I watch this thread avidly waiting for some new FH shirts

"Mild delirium that the term jungle cloth causes... hmmm it seems to me you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Thick warm chinos? Yeah that's like the retarded way of puttin it. Is a car just 4 wheels and a steering column? Hell no. Handle some jungle cloth fabric sometime, especially toyos weave, not only is it an extremely interesting fabric with tons of character, its also weather and water resistant due to its extremely dense weave. Its also heavy without being bulky or uncomfortable, like a 21 ounce denim jean usually is. All around a great fabric that ages beautifully and is very painstakingly crafted.

Now, reading back it does seem that people are getting really stoked on these just as they do any new model that SE releases, oh well who really cares? Self edge consistantly puts out quality fucking garments from quality fucking brands, and makes them easily accessible. In no way is that a bad thing in any way... unless you're some elitist prick that wants nobody else to discover and share the things you enjoy.

But in that case,

Grow the fuck up.

You guys have until the time Sidney gets me final photos of the SEXT11 to shit up this thread.

Hurry up and make your points, you have about 4 hours left till the photos and measurements go up then i board a flight to London. Sybaratical and Tweeds, get ready.

so.....pics?

Jason,

They'll be there.. what day are you going in? I'll let Andrew know you're coming to give you some special lovin' when you get to the shop.

I'll also be in NY this weekend, driving up from VA with friends. Looking forward to checking out the new store.

Looks like I don't have to wait for restock in SESF. I called NY and they had one sz 30 in the blk overdyes in stock. :)

Just curious, is there no sales tax in NYC? I only got billed 445 and was scared that I made an order for the indigos. But 445 is too much for indigo + sales tax.

Exploding High Five!

As a reward for being such a valued Self Edge customer, the powers have be have sent me to be a delegate for your trip to San Francisco. Self Edge is gifting you, for absolutely no charge, 1 (one) denim cucumber.

As a reward for being such a valued Self Edge customer, the powers have be have sent me to be a delegate for your trip to San Francisco. Self Edge is gifting you, for absolutely no charge, 1 (one) denim cucumber.

FUCK YEAH!!!

Finally.

Self Edge x Toyo Enterprises = SEXT11 - The Jungle Cloth Pant

Self Edge and Toyo Enterprises have come together to bring the perfect pant in terms of hardware, details, and fit. Jungle Cloth fabric, hidden rivets, natural indigo dyed Satokibi denim lined rear pockets and pocket bags, indigo cotton twill inner leg seam lining, iron embossed buttons, and a slim fit round out this new release produced in a limited run.

We saw quite a few khaki fabric pants enter the market within the last year, we wanted to do our version in a slim cut. A version that is not only extremely comfortable but uses a fabric far more interesting, more durable, more versatile, and more comfortable than a khaki fabric. Jungle Cloth is exactly that.

The SEXT11 is made of a fabric that is dyed khaki color "Jungle Cloth" (100% cotton gros-grain). Used by the USN from the 1920's to 1950's, this fabric has amazing sturdiness and is also weatherproof and comfortable to wear. It was loomed to USN specs by Toyo's (Sugar Cane, Buzz Rickson, Mister Freedom) fabric mills in Japan.

Jungle cloth is a very durable fabric that far outlasts any khaki (fabric, not color) on the market, also due to it's gros-grain weave the fabric is weatherproof and extremely soft on one side, the inside of the pant. The inside feels like pressed cashmere while the outside is a smooth and slick canvas so any dirt or contaminants are easily brushed off.

The SEXT11 Jungle Cloth Pant will be released at Self Edge San Francisco & Self Edge New York at Noon (Local Time) on Saturday, January 23rd.

The pants will also be available online at 4pm (PST) the same day (January 23rd) in the online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=78&products_id=538

Self Edge x Toyo Enterprises = SEXT11 - The Jungle Cloth Pant

sc_jc_01.jpg

sc_jc_02.jpg

sc_jc_03.jpg

sc_jc_04.jpg

sc_jc_05.jpg

sc_jc_06.jpg

sc_jc_08.jpg

sc_jc_07.jpg

sc_jc_10.jpg

sc_jc_09.jpg

can i keep my scraps if i get my pants hemmed at SE

Yes, just state that in the comments of your order.