Interest check TCB contest round 5

The butt is the clear tell for me on these. The Cats Drive model photos look similar from behind as this pair but those fit super differently on me TTS - far less saggy from behind.

i will admit that the no 2 jeans have grown on me with time. I actually think that they would probably fit me very well if I found the right size. Still on the fence though because the single back pocket would make them a bit hard to wear to the office and I’d have to think on whether I could make the suspender buttons + additional belt loops work with my overall style 

I kinda like 'em. I almost never use 2 back pockets at the same time. For me, that is no way to live life and means I need a shoulder bag. 

I like the jacket better, but it's too close to my FW '22...

My stable has already grown too big, but I can't rule them out totally. Curious to know more about the actual denim I think...

I really like the one back pocket and overall design details, but am a little disappointed by the stated measurements... a 20cm leg opening in my size sounds ridiculously small (though i know it'll be a little bigger after a hem), and i would have also preferred an extra 2-3cm in the rise. i have several pairs of jeans that all have 28-30cm front rises and don't find that height comfortable or flattering, for me at least. But I am very curious about the denim and would probably still consider a pair if this is indeed the proposed pair TCB wants to use for the contest. Does anyone have any confirmation on whether that's their intention?

edit: i'll add that the most recent viktor's voice collab (good luck jeans) are much more up my alley. i would love to do a contest with those, lol!

Edited by chicote

Nodding with @chicote on the jeans measurements... also the jacket dress length is 65 which is too long for me (not sure why they go 'modern' on jackets)... not that I was in the market, but if I was...

Damn, I have a Warehouse no.2 that is much more wearable with its two back pockets. Might have to pick up the jacket though, will probably wear it as an overcoat due to the measurements.

comp or not, I have made my tux order: 46 jacket, 38w jeans (requested hemming to 80cm)

cons:

I need another jeans like holes in heads

I need another jacket like a hole in wallet

these jeans are not standard easy wear; slim-ish cut, yet thin material

yes; one back pocket, no belt loop for keys etc.

ultimate sloppy man baby diaper look

pros;

nostalgieeee: for those wanting 1990s jeans; this late 1800s models is reference from which Levis late 1990s twisted jeans was running (maybe more y2k refrance, but hey...)

nostalgieeeeeeee 2: these were first model I got from lvc back in the late 90s; seeing as I run a trio of tcb, tender, lvc; wanna wee what tcb do with this original pair to build from having multiple lvc examples

love of the meta; yes; no.2 as brand positioning...

the first two Viktor's voice jackets don't look right (inc. lucky jeans): this is getting there more imo; mostly also tcb is obviously developing its own specific jacket pattern methodology of wide shoulders and sloppy fits: the numbers on this look squarer, even if not 'classic'... pockets looks excellent; both back pocket on jeans and front pocket on jacket

yes to the styling in the shoot; not miner cosplay; more skatecore and sloppy old 'uns style: I appreciate that (definitely recommend not skating in any jeans with suspender buttons; had some nasty sk8 face-plants when wearing such jeans: they are placed to puncture skin in painful bony areas...); feeling this is a track suit more than anything... 

want to see how the fabric ages; every tcb pair I've had has been a journey; even the 10oz bib overalls have a lot to give: I expect these will be giving a lot given the status play of making an 1890s from an original; not had natural indigo from them b4

huge plus: ultimate sloppy man baby diaper look; goes well with pecos and converse...

experience:

said this in all comp. threads; every tcb jean I have owned has shrunk to tagged waist size; more ppl have dropped out from jeans being too small rather than too big... wearing big on these across time also allows layering needed in winter...

yes; 31cm front rise seems small, but is in line with the last cone 1870s lvc offering (picture uploaded here is said w.36 l.34 pair - from raw soaked - line dried, not machine washed ) - the back rise is the core matter...

can definitely understand hesitancy in uptake for a comp. - its not classic 5 pocket jawns, jacket has particular character; but it is what it is... a marmite model... 

IMG_5889.jpg

I really like that they stayed true to the reference material and sewed these on a single needle machine. 

Must say the denim looks a very nice rich indigo colour... and nice drop shoulder on the jacket... and of course there will be all the fun with sizing we can expect from TCB... generating interest for the observers and cortisol for the participants!