WAYWT 2024 Denim Edition

MJF9

On 10/11/2024 at 5:23 PM, blooming said:

I'm assuming the tee is The Rite Stuff and if so, I just got their heavyweight and it’s immediately my favorite. 

Yep, it’s the lightweight slubby one from maybe 4 years ago. That’s funny—it’s one of my least favorite tees. Fit isn’t at all how it was described, the fabric’s really flimsy, and a few of the seams are just overlocked + straight stitched without any folding or topstitching, so they tend towards sitting weird. It just gets pulled out when it’s too hot for anything else

2 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Yep, it’s the lightweight slubby one from maybe 4 years ago. That’s funny—it’s one of my least favorite tees. Fit isn’t at all how it was described, the fabric’s really flimsy, and a few of the seams are just overlocked + straight stitched without any folding or topstitching, so they tend towards sitting weird. It just gets pulled out when it’s too hot for anything else

Ah, interesting. The newer heavyweight one I got is a nice fabric and cut.

Wow!.. @TripicalMidbooster what's the prospects for recovery, will it be full or partial? ..

When i was a Niketalk member in a previous lifetime, i'd been gradually selling off my collection to a dude in Orange County, in the time i knew him, he'd left university, got a job, put a payment down on a house and started funding his younger brother through his education, any spare cash spent buying my old Nikes.. One day i got an email from his hospital bed saying he'd suffered a stroke and was recovering from his second surgery.. a stark reminder of how life can change in a heartbeat.

..anyway, welcome to the forum!

Wearing old stuff today.

Jacket is GAP 20 years old next year. Jeez that makes me feel old too...

Jeans are vintage Lee made in US from I believe 1995 from care tag. Not worn these much since I got them last year. They have a kind of woolly texture. Best way I can explain it. Close up pic to show. Also pretty thick I'm guess at least 15oz but I'm no expert. Really like the back pockets placement.

Hat - H&M

Jumper - M&S

Shoes - Cons

20241016_150324.jpg

20241016_150204.jpg

20241016_150506.jpg

20241016_150525.jpg

20241016_151204.jpg

Vintage tee, missing tag so no clue on brand

DIY jeans 

Vans Crocketts 

20241017_115355.jpg