MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this adds up to te 'fear' thing, machine drying clothes is just someting you best not do, it wears them out very quickly. The only things I ever put in a dryer are towels and sheets.

I think wearing your jeans 2 sizes to small will wear them out quicker than a dryer

Guys, really, don't put denim in a dryer, in fact, don't put any cotton or wool garments in a dryer, ever...

So how do you dry underwear, undershirts, socks, etc?

I dried jeans in the dryer for years before I joined sufu, and have run a couple pair through the dryer post sufu. Nothing to get excited or worried about. Now, I wouldn't do it every wash, but if you're in a hurry to get back into a pair, or looking for some extra shrinkage, going through the dryer a few times over the course of their life isn't going to ruin them.

So how do you dry underwear, undershirts, socks, etc?

I dried jeans in the dryer for years before I joined sufu, and have run a couple pair through the dryer post sufu. Nothing to get excited or worried about. Now, I wouldn't do it every wash, but if you're in a hurry to get back into a pair, or looking for some extra shrinkage, going through the dryer a few times over the course of their life isn't going to ruin them.

I hang them up to dry on a washing line, you might not have heard of that before , it's a fairly new high tech method :D

I tried on a pair of Californians at Lizard Lounge here in Portland yesterday. They were definitely a unique cut, and I was actually able to fit into a 33 (obviously raw), which is saying something given that my usual waist is probably around 35ish. They definitely sit higher up, more at my "true" waist. I would've needed a 34/35 raw, which they didn't have, but after looking at Christophe's pair on his site I definitely want to see more worn in pairs... so c'mon folks, I know someone's been wearing them!

I recently bought a Troy blanket Deck Jacket, and after seeing all the Midnight PCoat pics from Zissou, DocBlue, and Eltopo- I decided to send the deck jacket back to the MF store in exchange for the PCoat.

The PCoat arrived in the mail today, and I absolutely do not regret my decision. It's an incredible jacket.

^Isn't is great? I liked the Liberty Issue pea coat, but the midnight version blows it away (although I wish it had some insulation). The denim is crazy, and I'm liking the extra pockets. I've worn mine a little over three weeks now, and it's starting to fade pretty well at the edges and high wear areas.

Good choice.

^Isn't is great? I liked the Liberty Issue pea coat, but the midnight version blows it away (although I wish it had some insulation). The denim is crazy, and I'm liking the extra pockets. I've worn mine a little over three weeks now, and it's starting to fade pretty well at the edges and high wear areas.

Good choice.

I kept my first-run Oki version. I can't let it go!

I shed a tear when I stuck the deck jacket back in the mail, but I don't regret it now at all. Sorry, but there's just no comparison.

Now I've got quite the peacoat collection- 2 WW2 vintage melton versions (1 with the star buttons, 1 with the fouled anchors) and the 8 button Naval Clothing Factory version. It's ridiculous.

In the name of friendly argument Deck > Pea coat.

I have an old pea coat and am looking to grab a BR or McCoys's one next winter. I know the MF one is something special, but it's hardly noticeable to the layman. The cut, comfort, utility and "what the fuck is that"ness of the deck jacket kills the game.

In the name of friendly argument Deck > Pea coat.

I have an old pea coat and am looking to grab a BR or McCoys's one next winter. I know the MF one is something special, but it's hardly noticeable to the layman. The cut, comfort, utility and "what the fuck is that"ness of the deck jacket kills the game.

I know that when i buy something, I think, "Hmmm what does the layman think of what I am wearing and how much 'what the fuck is that-ness' does this particular garment have."

I hate that I live in a world where I have to choose between the deck and pea coat. Last winter I picked up the deck coat. This year, I want the pea coat but I already done spent that money on the deck coat last year!

I know that when i buy something, I think, "Hmmm what does the layman think of what I am wearing and how much 'what the fuck is that-ness' does this particular garment have."

Hells yeah... it's all about breakin' necks. Just like with them box fresh supreme SBs you had on ice.

(10, obviously)

Hells yeah... it's all about breakin' necks. Just like with them box fresh supreme SBs you had on ice.

(10, obviously)

How'd you know I had some box fresh supremes stashed away for a special day.

pretty stoked on these...

here is some info from MF:

From the late 1800’s all the way to the first half of the 20th Century, a dreaded future for french draftees and ruffians was to “get sent to Biribi.â€

The term Biribi encompassed penitentiaries in Algeria and Morocco. Often associated with the Bat’ d’Af’ (French military disciplinary battalions of North Africa), Biribi was the solution chosen by the French government to tame hard headed rebels, anarchists and other misfits.

Youngsters with a misdemeanor police record, individuals who had tried to dodge the draft (common practice was to stick a rusty fork in your thigh to invalidate yourself…), or just had an issue with authority, ended up doing time under the blazing sun in the ol’ African French Colonies. Fun activities included breaking piles of hot rocks, building never ending roads, enduring constant humiliation such as the infamous crapaudine, but mainly learning the ropes for a future life in the underworld. Biribi made the tough tougher and buried the weak.

Biribi and other French colonies penitentiaries (Bagne de Cayenne…) disappeared in the mid 1950’s, after numerous testimonies of survivors had shaken public opinion, and international pressure had forced the government to change its penal system. The year 1972 marked the official dissolution of the last Bat’ d’Af’ unit.

On a lighter note, Biribi will be the background for a small limited edition group of garments. We will be using NOS (New Old Stock) rolls of disparate vintage fabrics, mainly cotton/linen homespun style early french textiles and selvedge stripe ticking twills, NOS vintage buttons/trims and single needle machine construction. Early French bourgerons (military work dungarees) were often made of unbleached linen or linen/cotton blends, plain or HBT weave. The use of stripe fabrics for early penitentiary gear is believed to be a way to facilitate the spotting of escapees, before they could get their hands on more blending outfits…

The MF â€Biribi Bourgerons†pictured above are a sample of our small production.