MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that photo is hilarious...

I love the "black eyes" , fake scars, brass knuckles, tiny guns and open fly's.

It looks like a bad french comedy theater publicity still

there is a blog dedicated to les apaches. i will have to find the link and post it here. it seems now obvious that christoph would make something with his french heritage. nice i like the new theme.

I can't wait to see pics of someone actually wearing pieces from this upcoming season. I'll probably pick up a shirt and a pair of trousers if they're not too expensive. This may be MFSC's most polarizing collection yet. I wonder what Kiya and J Crew will be carrying. It's hard to imagine this in either store

Les Apaches were some pretty serious thugs back them...carrying combo brass knuckles;/knife/guns they fought and robbed at a close range. A far cry from the droopy drawer'd drive by shooting clowns of today. Here's a little more info. on their fantastic and interesting sytle:

http://fcancan.blogspot.com/2010/11/apaches-in-late-1800searly-1900s-in.html

http://fcancan.blogspot.com/2010/11/apaches-in-late-1800s-early-1900s-in.html

http://fcancan.blogspot.com/2010/11/apaches-in-late-1800s-early-1900s-in_22.html

http://fcancan.blogspot.com/2010/11/apaches-in-late-1800s-early-1900s-in_24.html

http://fcancan.blogspot.com/2010/11/apaches-in-late-1800s-early-1900s-in_26.html

Les Apaches were some pretty serious thugs back them...carrying combo brass knuckles;/knife/guns they fought and robbed at a close range. A far cry from the droopy drawer'd drive by shooting clowns of today. Here's a little more info. on their fantastic and interesting sytle:

The internet - where there can be a bandwagon for late 1800s french thugs.

On first glance I like the look but I am wondering if it would be fitting in with the denimesque/sailor fanbase that they build up.

No doubt the pieces will be of great quality and it's not like they aren't reinventing the label. Hopefully I will get a chance to try some on..

Bandwagon? I think it's just an appreciation of their style.

That's fine - but people said the same about work wear and it's most definitely a bandwagon at this point....you gotta start somewhere. I say just don't get too precious about it. I'm sure Les Apaches would have much preferred to stab you than talk to you about their "style".

...by the way, that's a not comment about you specifically. Just talking in general terms. No disrespect intended. I just appreciate the absurdity of bookwormish anoracks putting web pages up about French thug style and the no doubt lively internet discussions to come about details 99% of Les Apaches could care less about. It's just funny....and I also appreciate the style too but trying not to lose perspective here. ;)

Have there been any other recent iterations of "Les Apaches" by any other designers? I wonder if this is going to catch on in Japan. I'd love to flip through a magazine and see Apache-style street shots. If this gets big, maybe Free & Easy will do a Les Apaches issue like the Navy-Ism issue, except instead of telling you how to wear a chambray shirt and peacoat, they will give you an Apache dance tutorial and tell you how to tie your sash. ;)

I hope some of you guys pick up some of this stuff. It's hard to imagine eltopo rocking this stuff.

Docblue, does anyone dress like in Paris? Is there a modern Les Apaches-style sub-culture? Is this equivalent to Brooklynites in full coal miner fits

Rivethead, thanks for those French Cancan links. I saw Charlie Chan in Paris a couple of moths ago and that dance scene was pretty interesting

Have there been any other recent iterations of "Les Apaches" by any other designers? I wonder if this is going to catch on in Japan. I'd love to flip through a magazine and see Apache-style street shots. If this gets big, maybe Free & Easy will do a Les Apaches issue like the Navy-Ism issue, except instead of telling you how to wear a chambray shirt and peacoat, they will give you an Apache dance tutorial and tell you how to tie your sash. ;)

I hope some of you guys pick up some of this stuff. It's hard to imagine eltopo rocking this stuff.

Docblue, does anyone dress like in Paris? Is there a modern Les Apaches-style sub-culture? Is this equivalent to Brooklynites in full coal miner fits

Rivethead, thanks for those French Cancan links. I saw Charlie Chan in Paris a couple of moths ago and that dance scene was pretty interesting

Yes i think this kinda wear could emerge as a new style.... i see a return to pre ww2 stuff, in flea markets but not in every day streetwear yet. I can for sure give credits to Christophe to feel what the street needs and guess what will be a new hit, and i am not a sub-culture member. at all....

Bikers and navy collections were really appealing to me, this one is kinda neutral. wich is good given the amount of shit i have to wear this year.

I dunno, I think the mafia stood up pretty well to Mussolini... (10)

Genius-level statement two posts up there.

Man... One 1/2 Jew tells one joke about Vichy capitulation and Sufu flames out... Sincere apologies to any Francophiles, I just found kind of funny the idea of foppishly-dressed French thugs; let alone their inspiring perennial fashions...

Personally, I can see Doc and Eltopo rocking the grey pants in the top right hand corner with the suspenders of the same fabric (as well as a navy pair as I'm guessing will be made). Those things are awesome! I can't wait to get those. I hope the elastic straps have some sort of MF logo on them. The shirt in the top left looks awesome too. I'm guessing those are the two things I'll pick up.

I bet once we see the pieces on bodies well all be more stoked on it.

Jared said the fabrics are insane. I just hope the shirts aren't too long on me. Being 5'7" a lot of shirts are down to the arcuates.

Personally, I can see Doc and Eltopo rocking the grey pants in the top right hand corner with the suspenders of the same fabric (as well as a navy pair as I'm guessing will be made). Those things are awesome! I can't wait to get those. I hope the elastic straps have some sort of MF logo on them. The shirt in the top left looks awesome too. I'm guessing those are the two things I'll pick up.

I bet once we see the pieces on bodies well all be more stoked on it.

Jared said the fabrics are insane. I just hope the shirts aren't too long on me. Being 5'7" a lot of shirts are down to the arcuates.

You can't wear any of the shirts (with the exception of the polos) untucked, they're cut and designed in such a way where they have to be tucked in.

Well Kiya, I guess that mean's I'll have to get a shirt tailored if I pick one up. Kind of a bummer, but MOD's always tailored thier clothes and I believe if you love something but want to change something, a slight modification is for the better. I try tucking in shirts, but I always feel like it looks weird on me. Plus I hate having to always slide the shirt back in after it pulls out.

Well Kiya, I guess that mean's I'll have to get a shirt tailored if I pick one up. Kind of a bummer, but MOD's always tailored thier clothes and I believe if you love something but want to change something, a slight modification is for the better. I try tucking in shirts, but I always feel like it looks weird on me. Plus I hate having to always slide the shirt back in after it pulls out.

You'll never have to slide the shirt back into your pants with these because every single shirt has a flap halfway down the placket with a buttonhole that sticks out that's supposed to be buttoned onto the top button of your pants/jeans.

The new collection may not appeal to the denim sailors and bikers on here, but it could appeal to another crowd, you know... Still, I'm looking forward to seeing everything in detail.

I know how you feel, Doc. I have a lot of stuff to break in before I should even think about buying anything else.

While I confess that I don't actually own any MF right now, this new collection looks very intriguing to me. I think this will give a good choice of non-denim pieces to add a little variety to anyone's wardrobe. The waistcoat and pants might have to be my first MF purchases.