MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell - s,m,l? That's it? Japanese made clothes piss me off for this reason....

...not that these will fit me, but that's a really cool looking piece.

...just curious, Zissou - why no hot linking? Did MF specifically ask not because I'm not aware of that as a general internet etiquette rule for images hosted by businesses. I can understand why you shouldn't hotlink from some guys blog, but it seems like MF immediately benefits from people salivating over hotlinked images of their clothes in 582 page forum threads.

Listen, kids. Just because xchen does it, it doesn't mean it's right.

Hotlinking costs MF money. They may or may not care, but it's nicer to take 3 minutes to upload them to imageshack.

The more people that hotlink to MF's photos, the more bandwidth they have to pay to whoever is hosting their site. It may not be significant, perhaps, but it's just courteous to host them before posting them.

There's a more sinister side to hotlinking in which someone might want other people to hotlink their image, and then they can change it to an ad for their site.

edit: smitty beat me to it.

And, hell, MF cant even afford a proper sign out front, so why not cut them some slack?

And, hell, MF cant even afford a proper sign out front, so why not cut them some slack?

I highly doubt it's because he can't afford it.

...I still don't see what the problem is with hotlinking in this case. If your selling something, the nominal cost of increased server bandwith caused by hotlinking is far far cheaper than ANY established marketing channel out there. Like I said - I can see how this is a problem on a personal blog that isn't for profit where all costs are out of pocket costs(like if everyone started hotlinking from someone's personal photo blog) but I think hotlinking to a retail product just makes good business sense. There is after all a good reason why the Mister Freedom logo isn't just on the clothes but also the actual photo being hotlinked.

I highly doubt it's because he can't afford it.

Yeah, I realize his shop is on Beverly Blvd., but I was assuming he couldn't afford it because in almost every interview I've read, Christophe talks about putting his life savings into getting the building so he can have the shop he wants, or spending his money traveling the world to find the best vintage stuff to sell.

I apologize to all for giving a financial justification (as if it was actually needed) for being courteous. Then again, it is the internet (not part of 'real life'?).

I gave mine about a ten minute hot soak to get it to the size I wanted. I would not recommend turning it inside out. There's no point, and I'm not even sure if it's possible. As long as you aren't agitating it, indigo loss will be minimal. If you aren';t trying to shrink it a lot, I recommend a warm soak, rather than hot.

Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the pea coat and I just want to know how people have handled the shrinking part of it during the soaking process without ruining the jacket. Sounds like there's very little room for error in doing the soak.

Honestly, it's pretty hard to mess it up unless you shrink it too much. When you get it, try it on and have an idea of how much you want it to shrink. Then, measure it while it's soaking. Easy enough.

The thing bleeds indigo all over the place, so losing a tiny bit during the soak is nothing to worry about.

general guidelines

- do not leech images from other sites...if you find an image you would like to post...move the image to a free image host [or your own server space] so the original site does not have to pay for the bandwidth

- keep images within the superfridge...anything greater than 640px width should be posted as a clickable thumbnail or a text link

how to

there are various methods to do this...this is how to do it manually...

- upload your image to a free image host, or your own server space ...if you don't already have a host use google to search for one

- copy the url of the image [it should end in .jpg .gif or .png]

[noparse]http://www.superfuture.com/images/site-images/superfuture_logo.gif[/noparse]

- create image tags

[noparse]superfuture_logo.gif[/noparse]

- it should look like this

superfuture_logo.gif

- if you unsure whether it has worked you can always use the preview post ... check the tags if it isn't working..

there are other ways to post images...using tags from an image host...or clicking the image button [if the WYSIWYG mode is enabled in my supertalk/edit options-message interface]...the tags should always look like the tags above

Source: Posting images

ie: take care of the hotlinked and huge images posted over the last couple of pages or I will delete them.

Thank you.