Chino pants

indigoeagle

the 1082 is my most-worn chino – I'll go for these over my BR, Pherrow's or FW pairs (though they're all great in various ways)... perhaps it's because they're the right length for me without any need for alteration so the character of the hem can be preserved. I have a second pair just in case, but in 33 (34 is ideal for me) – they are hard to track down, good job @Talan striking while the iron is hot

Another vote for the 1082. I have two pairs in their blue/grey color size 30 and 31 depending on occasion. I prefer denim but when I can’t do that I’ll often go to these. I have some full count chinos too but generally prefer the warehouse. 

A few months ago I got the Buzz Rickson 1930s chinos. These are the best-fitting pants of any type I've ever worn, it's just perfect for my body type. The price, shipped from Japan, was also dirt cheap, and they seem well made and detailed. Highly recommended! I need to get around to snapping some pics.

IMG_5464.thumb.jpeg.33a113e76fefaf6902e8a577c7e59769.jpegIMG_5465.thumb.jpeg.97af5da661f8fb5f3cc1934f523f9768.jpegrunabout goods denim chinos. Actually the only chinos I own. Great cut and fade very nicely 

Has anyone had any experience with Benzak chinos? I didn't see anything about them mentioned in this thread. Have been looking at some, but would love to hear peoples' opinions. Thanks!

I have a blue pair. Quite a stiff, heavy fabric. Pocket bags are almost to thick for comfort IIRC. I'll have to dig them out asI haven't worn for ages. 

On 7/11/2024 at 4:22 PM, indigoeagle said:

Which ones are the 1930s ones? The original spec?
Or is there another type besides the 42 and 45?
And which colour?

I got the BR40025A in the Khaki color. They have a couple other colors but I like the classic khaki the best.

1 hour ago, Cold Summer said:

I got the BR40025A in the Khaki color. They have a couple other colors but I like the classic khaki the best.

I see. Original spec then.

Yeah, Junky has special colours like camel in these.

On 7/6/2024 at 12:09 PM, Talan said:

Warehouse Lot 1082, caught a restock.

IMG_9390.jpg

IMG_9391.jpg

Soooo yeah. I ordered some of these, direct from Warehouse along with a couple of other items.

Looking forward to their arrival!

1082's landed with me just now - on first impressions they're almost identical to my BR og spec, in cut/fit and colour. The cloth is softer to begin with though, significantly so. Possibly lighter weight as well but without having both to hand I can't quite tell.

Will be bobbing these in to my local tailor's for shortening, looking forward to wearing them!

Thanks for the push to pick some up @Talan

i'm a big fan of the Full Count 1201 chino's. have virtually lived in them all summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked my 1082's back up from the local seamstress yesterday too (along with the WH/Denime delivery this was a real treat day).

They're great, really comfortable and sitting in that loose but not wide mid-range. Got a bit more inseam left on for now so wearing with a breezy ankle cuff, over time I'm fairly certain that will go.

Anyway, lovely chinos, just what I was after. I can probably now safely turn my Buzz Rickson OG's into shorts!

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

For those who’ve tried both, how do Warehouse 1082 and Buzz Rickson Original Spec chinos compare in terms of sizing and fit?  If you’re a 34 in one, would you be a 34 in the other?  Also, similar leg and hem width?  

8 hours ago, JohnM said:

For those who’ve tried both, how do Warehouse 1082 and Buzz Rickson Original Spec chinos compare in terms of sizing and fit?  If you’re a 34 in one, would you be a 34 in the other?  Also, similar leg and hem width?  

I have pairs of both, and they're interchangeable in terms of waist measurement – the top block of the BR's is a little more slim fitting and the leg is a couple of inches longer. The 1082 is right without any alteration (my ideal measurement is W 34" L 32"), whereas I've hemmed the BR pairs. When hemming, it's hard to get someone to preserve the wider hem and cut the leg so you'll get a nice straight edge embedded within the hem (if that makes sense) – the 1082s are fading more tastefully as a result. Once hemmed, the BR pairs do flare out just a little more for me, but it's not that noticeable. I wear them all frequently but the 1082 is definitely a Goldilocks fit for me.

9 hours ago, JohnM said:

I'd say, that the BR Orig Spec fit a bit smaller. The 36 is closer to the WH 34. I think. It might be a bit bigger. But very similar.
I got the Orig Spec in 34, but then got a pair in 36, which I prefer as it is more comfortable.

If anyone can’t find the BR wide chino model, Phigvel’s wide officer chinos are a great substitute.  I’ve owned both BR and Phigvel models and can’t tell a difference honestly between the two.