Superdenim Specific Music Meta Thread...

UkeNo

• 3 weeks later...

Strange how your mind and memories work.

Having a look at the Horatio shoes website and being already bored shitless by the most obvious new trend in the rugged world - loafers (loafers in themselves are great btw) - I remember buying a pair of GH Bass ‘Weejuns’ from a shop in Glasgow’s Princes Square about 35 years ago. I still have and wear my Church’s loafers I bought, I dunno, a decade ago maybe.

Anyways, I mentioned this to the duchess and she said ‘don’t you remember (penny) loafers were a big thing in the 90s - there was a band we saw who wore loafers and jeans rolled up above the ankle?’

It was this crew who don’t use the video to champion them :dry:  so you’ll either have to be old enough or just take my word 

It’s all part of the cycles of fashion - I remember weejuns being popular with the 2 Tone movement, mods and punks … and I’m sure @Dr_Heech will remember the original Ivy League thing too

5 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Strange how your mind and memories work.

Having a look at the Horatio shoes website and being already bored shitless by the most obvious new trend in the rugged world - loafers (loafers in themselves are great btw) - I remember buying a pair of GH Bass ‘Weejuns’ from a shop in Glasgow’s Princes Square about 35 years ago. I still have and wear my Church’s loafers I bought, I dunno, a decade ago maybe.

Anyways, I mentioned this to the duchess and she said ‘don’t you remember (penny) loafers were a big thing in the 90s - there was a band we saw who wore loafers and jeans rolled up above the ankle?’

It was this crew who don’t use the video to champion them :dry:  so you’ll either have to be old enough or just take my word 

It’s all part of the cycles of fashion - I remember weejuns being popular with the 2 Tone movement, mods and punks … and I’m sure @Dr_Heech will remember the original Ivy League thing too

Not as old as you don't forget :D but l do remember wearing Box loafers (and/or wraparound Brogues) c.1982 which were purchased from Topmen shoes (anyone remember them?) and they were identical to the pair on the cover of Dancecraze (generic ska album) if you can remember that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...