9 hours ago, (10chars) said:

Congrats @JDelage! That blue looks great.

@aho Have you owned the Tudor BB36? Its specs seem to be up your alley.

Owned the silver dial for a couple weeks when it first launched; I had my 34mm OP at the time which made me pick out all the things I didn't like about the Tudor unfortunately (looked a bit clunky, bracelet was squeaking)...That said, if I had to choose one, I'd actually go for the BB31 as I'm really trending smaller these days. Haven't revisited as I picked up the 124270 (36mm Explorer) which was probably what I was looking for all along in this type of watch 

Posted (edited)

My latest… not a Rolex, but for under $200 I’m impressed. NH35 running at -2 spd. Also, since I’ve had like 50 pairs of jeans with a red tab and arcs I’m ok with homages.

San martin x mister freedom X cat

171475C6-5244-4AA3-A3D9-FD74FCC36E4D.jpeg

Edited by cheapmuthafukr

Posted (edited)

After liking the sub so much, thought I’d take a chance on a customer return explorer style for half off. It’s nice. I like the domed sapphire crystal.

5B017AAC-2059-46C2-91DF-E11C94EBAB11.jpeg

Edited by cheapmuthafukr

Posted (edited)

No denim, but I'm hoping you'll give some leeway :laugh: Had the opportunity to try on some vintage goodies recently; Lug to lug seems a bit too long for my wrist, but I promise they wear well in real life and in proportion to my frame. Not that they're mine to worry about wearing anyway haha

04CEEC04-ACEC-44AC-BD87-46EE8F14C86F.JPG

A4A1E8DD-9649-46DD-BF32-A5154E99AE94.JPG

Edited by aho

Posted (edited)

Got myself a new watch after waiting for a suitable replacement for my old and busted CWC G-10.

Praesidus A-11 Combat. If you are looking for a great repro for a strong price, this is it. Built in the US, Swiss Quartz movement. Combat is the 32mm one, true to the original but they do make them bigger. Upgraded the strap to an all black one, which I really think suits it.

10DAC99B-2E28-4748-B0AE-D49B9052E313.jpeg

Edited by Facini

@aho - I love the Explorer II. It might be the perfect travel watch. I prefer the white dial one, but it's a small thing. Obviously, it's completely impossible to get one from a dealer...

no denim (yet) but I took my 1968 Oyster Date in for a service and a new mainspring at a local place, WatchGuy. I knew someone who apprenticed there and their work looks good to me. My watch should be ready to collect next week, but I really like that they post full movement photos on their site while the watch is being worked on, with a passworded link to full updates for the owner. They've had it for 3 weeks and the turnaround is a month. I'll post photos with denim when I have it back, but in the meantime here's how it looks at the moment:

media.thumb.jpeg.7fcaeb7082105a3dbca4eb362a9382a8.jpegmedia-2.thumb.jpeg.7c7cea7617cc65062e9ec8643272a8b0.jpeg

I have it back! with new mainspring, gaskets, and crystal. The power reserve tested at nearly 50hrs, which is way better than I’ve had recently. Couldn’t be happier with the service from Ray at watchguy.co.uk and all’s working well so far.
With Tender 132s being packed for Japanese restocks:

0448AF45-85A6-45B5-8A6A-6687ECB8872E.thumb.jpeg.952ae45d8463746a8456a33c340ddbc0.jpeg

A new to me diver. I am really appreciating the large, clear face. Here with Ooe and Mister Freedom. 

9EA89970-AC05-4044-97C6-DBDC34C92B4C.jpeg