Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

A few places I've ordered from have done that by default, but I've never had an order over 800...or really even that close I think. But to be honest I don't think I could ask that of a seller. If I were a seller and a buyer asked it of me I wouldn't love it. Different strokes, I guess. 

On 4/9/2024 at 8:38 AM, Broark said:

Hope y'all have been doing well, been a bit busy lately as I was interviewing and landed a new job!
I turned in my notice last week and my boss (of almost 6 years) told me to hit the road so now I've got a bunch of time on my hands until my start date.

Any hobbies I should pick up in the next month? :laugh2:

Congrats on the new gig. Good riddance to the old job. 

On 4/11/2024 at 3:00 AM, Broark said:

I've been tossing around the idea of a last minute solo trip to Japan, not sure if it's the best financial decision ever but would be the trip of a lifetime...

You should go. Yen at 154… absolutely ridiculous. I’m totally fucked by that but please enjoy. 
just note, that all tourist spots you’ve ever heard of are so insanely overcrowded with European and American tourists. I’m talking about 50% plus of the foot traffic is actually foreign. Probably not the Japanese experience people are looking for. But everyone has the same idea and that’s what it is. I’d stay away from that. 

The rep system…

Most people, if using the rep system, give a standard, green, positive rep symbol to a post they like. If they really like a post they’ll give it the yellow super-rep one and if they don’t like a post (I assume they must really dislike something as it’s not used often) they give it the red, negative rep. I understand all of this, it’s completely logical.

What I don’t understand (and I’m not criticizing it), is why (and therefore when) do people use the blue rep icon? I assume it’s because they like a post, but not quite enough to give it a positive rep. Is it a neutral acknowledgment of a post that’s interesting or informative in some way? Please, blue rep users, explain your justification to me and satisfy my curiosity! 😁

I wonder if anyone will give me a blue rep as a response…

I do it because I use a weird browser that sometimes doesn’t give me any other options… i acknowledge the risk I’m taking by sending such an ambiguous message but trust the recipient will intuit my good intentions and take it as it is… as they say, all rep is good rep…

heh.. I had assumed the blue button was just "yep, here's where all your rep needs can be met" and moved on over to the left. Now I won't be able to stop thinking of it as  : |

I’ve used the blue rep in the past to acknowledge posts that I appreciate having read, but that carry a negative message (like news of a death or discussion of some other tragedy) which I’d feel weird reacting “positively” to—but every time I’ve done so I’ve felt that I’m probably overthinking it

On 4/19/2024 at 10:17 PM, Maynard Friedman said:

The rep system…

Most people, if using the rep system, give a standard, green, positive rep symbol to a post they like. If they really like a post they’ll give it the yellow super-rep one and if they don’t like a post (I assume they must really dislike something as it’s not used often) they give it the red, negative rep. I understand all of this, it’s completely logical.

What I don’t understand (and I’m not criticizing it), is why (and therefore when) do people use the blue rep icon? I assume it’s because they like a post, but not quite enough to give it a positive rep. Is it a neutral acknowledgment of a post that’s interesting or informative in some way? Please, blue rep users, explain your justification to me and satisfy my curiosity! 😁

I wonder if anyone will give me a blue rep as a response…

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I like the rep system - very often I’ll use the green, regularly the yellow (gold?) and infrequently the red; but I almost never use the blue because I’m not sure what it represents so in many cases rather than liking or disliking a post a ‘blue’ post will more likely drive me to comment. 

Unfortunately comments can be misinterpreted … I suppose a bit like a blue rep

I picked up a book of porcelain enamel signs for signpainting reference material, and was surprised to see several denim / workwear brands represented! Interesting that many of them have been revived in Japan as well.

IMG_1059.thumb.jpeg.cfceae76483fd18fdd93a342aaca7006.jpegIMG_1061.thumb.jpeg.f5f58caafc17cdba8e70d9d847740aa6.jpegIMG_1062.thumb.jpeg.3c82a0e9bb36d1d60e75e34d4308e47e.jpegIMG_1063.thumb.jpeg.2a28e1e844c6158b9c6b3831b0e4c1fa.jpegIMG_1064.thumb.jpeg.a7fff5250c184241370f2deacde23896.jpegIMG_1066.thumb.jpeg.b50dfe72a72c068188ebffcdb057c63b.jpeg