Unknown Non-Japanese Brands

Megatron1505

For what it's worth, as of some time last year most of Bronson Mfg. Co.'s stock is up on Amazon—haven't purchased anything from them since the switch, but I expect it'll be plenty smooth.

3 hours ago, Broark said:

In that case if you could provide some measurements that’d be awesome, the all black one is calling my name. :ph34r:

there you go sir, measurements taken from my green RealThing, which I think it's the same cut as the black one.

pit to pit 58 cm
pit to cuff 61 cm
shoulder (difficult to measure as it's seamless) 60 cm
overall length from the base of the collar to the bottom 69 cm
waist is stretcheable

I can wear it comfortably over a sweatshirt. I could even squeeze a denim jacket underneath, I've tried but I don't like the look.

Thanks for the measurements, going to wait to see how my first order goes before grabbing this. I think the large might work, but now I'm considering the crazy mismatched colorway.
O1CN011CZ5hFIwB2kT9BR_!!3024170094.jpg

9 minutes ago, Broark said:

Thanks for the measurements, going to wait to see how my first order goes before grabbing this. I think the large might work, but now I'm considering the crazy mismatched colorway.
O1CN011CZ5hFIwB2kT9BR_!!3024170094.jpg

that's so much better than the black one. If you ordered via superbuy you have time to buy more until all your stuff gets to the superbuy warehouse. Just  saying...

8 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

For what it's worth, as of some time last year most of Bronson Mfg. Co.'s stock is up on Amazon—haven't purchased anything from them since the switch, but I expect it'll be plenty smooth.

Interesting. I wonder if Bronson is the seller, or if someone is doing the importing / reselling. On big pieces, there's a material price difference:

https://www.amazon.com/Bronson-1900S-Waist-Stripe-Straight/dp/B07LC2C9XH/

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c-s.w4002-14713789978.19.757f1e45L1tnav&id=532873757389

PS: I think they ship from China, given the delivery ETA.

Edited by JDelage

^ Yeah, the list prices of a few items are appreciably higher on the Amazon shop, but the shipping's fixed at $5 for everything. I'd guess that it's them (or someone closely associated with them) who's selling and that this has just been their way of shifting costs around to afford international shipping. Factoring in proxy fees + domestic + international shipping, I'd be sorta surprised if anything there cost more from Amazon than from Taobao for Western customers.

Speaking of pants, I was actually pretty tempted by the early-century duck pants with the leather detailing and the 1"-removed selvedge ticker down the outseams…still might end up going for those if nothing else pops up in the near future

45 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

Speaking of pants, I was actually pretty tempted by the early-century duck pants with the leather detailing and the 1"-removed selvedge ticker down the outseams…still might end up going for those if nothing else pops up in the near future

The ones with the suspender buttons? I'm getting those for sure.

They do look sturdy, MJF9, I like the look. I’ve been corresponding with Paul Kruize about making a pair of chino style pants using his Nixon Menpu indigo dyed duck canvas. Thanks for posting these as I am able to see how they will look.

@lance for more ideas it'd be worth taking a look at Dawson Denim's deck pants. These are in a less hefty 10oz neppy fabric but relaxed fit all the same. Here is the site https://www.dawsondenim.com/collections/jeans/products/deck-pants-dd05-10oz-neppy-2x1

Would be interested in seeing if you pursue the Paul Kruize pair... that'd be quite a trip if you wanted a fitting in person!

17 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Log in to your account and you should be able to browse better without the security control issues.

Oh duh haha, didn't even realize you had to log in now. Thanks for the help! I'm really liking the 90s mountain parka but kind of in between sizes. Wish I bought it  afew months ago though when we had a lot of rain

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo my Taobao experiment failed miserably. Orders two shirts, a Bronson henley and a plain tee. The button downs are tagged XXL and fit like a medium and the henley is the same. Only thing that worked out is the grey plain Bronson tee. At least I only spent like 70 bucks. :rolleyes:

That's a shame, Broark. Which company were the shirts from? Would be good to know about any wonky sizing for future reference.

In contrast, I received a shirt yesterday from Bronson (through Amazon, not Taobao) and I couldn't be happier with it. The fabric's really soft and breathable, the pattern / style is one I've been interested in for a while (scalloped rear yoke + side front yokes w/ vent holes throughout, fairly large chest pockets), and most importantly the fit's perfect on me. I actually haven't had this well-fitting of a shirt in a while. Sure, the buttons are cheap plastic and the build quality is pretty questionable—and that's putting it kindly—but you get what you pay for.

Small photo dump incoming.

pwGK9cE.jpg

AdIqUVl.jpg

evfsYzV.jpg

NlVX1ph.jpg

oAh0Sfb.jpg

utq1wW3.jpg

The two shirts are from Bii & Free, the fabric is nice enough but the shirts are hilariously small for a XXL.
I was more surprised by how different the two Bronson tees fit: the grey plain tee fits like an XL, but the henley is several sizes smaller.
Oh well, it was a gamble. If I do try again I'll probably stick with Bronson or Bob Dong.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, Bronson's sizing is super weird, but at least it's seemed consistent in my experience. I have this and a tee; both are tagged XXL and both fit like a pretty standard Western L. Weird that your two tees from them fit so differently.

• 2 weeks later...

Figured this was the best place to post since there's no dedicated thread.
Anyone have much experience with Arpenteur? I have one of their Brehat shirts from years ago, but I'm interested in their new collection with CHCM.
Dig this graphic tee but no measurements, might just shoot the shop a message and see if the can provide some.

Edit: The shirt is actually on the Arpenteur webstore with measurements, so never mind. :D
ARPENTEUR_x_CHCM_GRAPHIC_TEE_ECRU_1_2048

Edited by Broark