What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

• 3 weeks later...

Just got this Lined Jumper by ALD on sale from Context. It's a short jacket, but I think it will age well. It's pretty trim on me though. We'll see how it does this fall.

-Jake

mcjl_02.jpg

^ probably a large, and i got one for sale. for cheap. pm me if interested

and jake, i don't know if it will age nicely... i know someone who owns it and wears it everyday (all he fucking wears is ALD... -___-;) and i didn't really notice any nice progress...

hey guys im considering buying a nudie conny jacket and just have a couple questions about sizing. im about 6 foot tall, quite slim and have very long arms. should i get a large or an extra large?

I'm sure an European company like Nudie will have a spec that fits you. Whatever you do stay away from Japanese repro jackets, because of the short ass arms.

• 2 weeks later...

Very cool, jean jacket, do you know or have guesses as to who made it? Like the collar points.

-Jake

Personally, I dig the Conny, "played out" or not, the jacket has a nice shape, and I like their black coated denim (I have the average joe dry black coated and like it).

-Jake

soda and jake431 and others:

How does the Nudie Conny fade? Is it similar to other jean jackets in traditional honeycombing, or do we see a sort of peek-through wax fade effect, and then eventual honeycombing? Pictures would be lovely, but experience alone is sufficient.

Thank you.

Also, the ALD lined jacket is sold out at cultizm/context/etc. Anybody know of other places to find it?

soda and jake431 and others:

How does the Nudie Conny fade? Is it similar to other jean jackets in traditional honeycombing, or do we see a sort of peek-through wax fade effect, and then eventual honeycombing? Pictures would be lovely, but experience alone is sufficient.

Thank you.

Also, the ALD lined jacket is sold out at cultizm/context/etc. Anybody know of other places to find it?

Regarding the Conny - I don't know because I've never owned one. I just like the cut of the jacket.

What size ALD lined jacket are you looking for?

-Jake

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello superfuture =) . I just purchased a pair of johnbulls sewing chop SC201 denim jacket (levis 506xx kind of model)

Do you guys reckon that I give it a hot soak before wearing?

I'll post pics pretty soon!

Only if you want to get the shrinking out of the way. I'll recommend it.

Weird thing happened to my Lee 101-J. I wore it for about a year, and had some pretty good wear on it. Creases and combs were starting to show. Then I decided to soak it cause it stunk. When the jacket dried, all the wear disappeared, as if the jacket was re-dyed. Looks like I just bought it. Weird.

got a rrl jeans jacket somewhere in the luggage from almost 10,12 years ago. Might as well find it and post some pics later..

those rustler look very nice.

Weird thing happened to my Lee 101-J. I wore it for about a year, and had some pretty good wear on it. Creases and combs were starting to show. Then I decided to soak it cause it stunk. When the jacket dried, all the wear disappeared, as if the jacket was re-dyed. Looks like I just bought it. Weird.

It wasn't contrast fade-y though, right, just starting to fade? Would you have febrezed it instead, if you knew this would happen? Are all Lee 101Js in Japan made by Edwins? Just started wearing mine and this is kinda weirding me out. Mine's one wash from JPN, as well.

Nah, I don't febreeze my shit. I always put my denim in a hot soak, its better for the cotton. No chemicals or other nonsense. Maybe some soap occasionally. Also, I don't mind breaking in a jacket even if it takes years. I like waiting to see how it turns out.

I think Edwin makes a version as well as The Real McCoy's. The McCoy version probably is more closer to the original, because thats just how they nerd out on this vintage stuff. It's also $100 more expensive that the Edwin version.

Don't worry about it. A denim jacket takes even longer to break in than a pair of jeans, so just wear the shit out of it and you'll be fine.

BTW: The New Lightning Mag comes with a cool little book on the new denim jacket lineup from Samurai, Sugarcane, Eternal etc. etc. as well as some vintage info. Link.