And very much looking forward to seeing familiar and new faces tomorrow afternoon. Hope the beer is chilling...

:)  :) :)  :)  

IMG_2442b_zps2c11cdc0.jpg

Would have loved to be able to come along tomorrow but its my sons 8th birthday party. Priorities eh!!

Thanks, Beats.

It's a pretty big day for me getting a plug in a British national newspaper.and one of the respected ones at that.

No way! That's brilliant.

Picked up some Bybeatle last Saturday, hours before I went on holiday. First thing I did on my return was to give them a soak. They're just drying in my back garden. Pics to follow...

I'm very excited to get my pair, thanks a lot to all involved! (Just hoping I can find the correct size - my thighs don't seem to allow to go for my usual 34  :ph34r:

Max I was surprised how slim they were when I tried them on

yesterday . I wear w34 in sams, Fh & ih & I needed a 36...

That's what I wanted to hear, as I did exactly this (wearing 34 I went for 36). Thanks.

We are offering some great price reductions on the following items to clear for our new arivals. We have few left so don't hang around.

The Flat Head Jacquard hoodie/jacket from £235 to £165 ($280, €215)

cf030335b.jpg

IMG_1281b_zps66dfb5ac.jpg

http://rivetandhide.com/brands/the-flat-head/full-zipper-hoodie-jacket-3.html

Real Japan Blues Hounds Tooth Flannels NW109L from £240 to £165 ($280, €215)

CF032826-1.jpg

CF032876.jpg

Real Japan Blues Hounds Tooth Chambray CS201L) from £220 to £155 ($255, €199)

CF032904b.jpg

CF033232-1.jpg

http://rivetandhide.com/index.php/brands/rjb.html

Obbi Good Label Mid-Jane Veg Tan Wallet from £140 to £90 ($148, €115)

CF031508.jpg

Obbi Good Label Classic Billfold & Kohana Wallets from £130 to £75 ($122, €95)

CF031455.jpg

CF031445.jpg

Obbi Good Label Key Pouch from £75 to £45 ($115, €88)

IMG_0589b_zps55e27d57.jpg

http://rivetandhide.com/index.php/brands/obbi-good-label.html

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

I can't believe the FH jacquard hoodies didn't sell out immediately.  I have the black one, it's literally the greatest hoodie I have ever experienced, and I will wear it until it explodes. 

I can't believe the FH jacquard hoodies didn't sell out immediately.  I have the black one, it's literally the greatest hoodie I have ever experienced, and I will wear it until it explodes. 

its the $$$$

hoodie looks awesome and i'm sure the quality is amazing also, people just have a hard time justifying that price for a hoodie. Jeans, yeah, people wear them everyday, way easier to justify.

hate how Japanese clothing lines are so much more expensive in USA, etc. They seem so much more affordable in Japan. Thus, Rakuten is my friend even though i hate that i can't support Rivet and Hide and Self Edge more.

btw beatle, Shirts look real cool! and good price!

Edited by jcohen26

its the $$$$

hoodie looks awesome and i'm sure the quality is amazing also, people just have a hard time justifying that price for a hoodie. Jeans, yeah, people wear them everyday, way easier to justify.

hate how Japanese clothing lines are so much more expensive in USA, etc. They seem so much more affordable in Japan. Thus, Rakuten is my friend even though i hate that i can't support Rivet and Hide and Self Edge more.

btw beatle, Shirts look real cool! and good price!

I understand your point but I feel I should give a considered response to this comparison.

The high inbound shipping costs from Japan to the Uk, the 12% import duty, 20% sales tax, free shipping to the customer, and high London rents will easily explain the mark up from Japanese retail prices. Photography and the rent of this thread are other costs that bring these clothes alive to a wider audience who will never be a customer.

Most Japanese stores operating through Rakuten and other Japanese sites do not offer returns and refunds as i do and  can be nearly as expensive as a foreign dealer when you factor in shipping and customs charges into the EU at least.

Bringing these brands to the UK is really exciting for me but has not been easy . The easy way would have been to stick to brands closer to home who offer better discounts to retailers than the Japanese by about 20%

But my love is for these really special labels from Japan & US; a passion many share on this forum. It's a slow build but the support so far has been very encouraging and much appreciated.

^ Amen to that Danny.

hate how Japanese clothing lines are so much more expensive in USA, etc. They seem so much more affordable in Japan.

Yeah, funny that.

Edited by TheIntelligentHoodwinker

It works both ways Jcohen.

Have you seen the equivalent prices for English or US made goods in Japan? As danny says- once customs, tax, rents, and the pounds of flesh that various bodies take from you are factored in the relative costs has to be much higher.

Simple economics im afraid.

^Exactly.

Being a whisky fan, I think I'd suffer as much trying to get good malts in Japan for reasonable prices as I do now trying to get japanese denim. (Although I also buy japaense malts for high prices, so I loose in both directions :ph34r:).  

I've recently been talking to a Japanese agent about trying to sell some of my bags over in Japan, but once they've added shipping, customs, tax, their own costs and factored in a mark-up, they come out at almost double what I charge for them over here.

It's a big shame, but I can see it's just not practical for them. They need to show some real dedication to turn a decent profit, as does Danny. It's not easy money. Certainly not in this economic climate.

a few pics from the bybeatle launch party. 

_DSC6954.jpg

_DSC6969.jpg

_DSC6975.jpg

Thanks, Todd.

Lovely last photo of Dawson Denim. Kelly (white T shirt) Scott (red/white striped shirt)

And Simon & Neil of course.

Hey Danny any chance of a sneak preview of the flat head flannels you'll be carrying this A/W?

Hey Danny any chance of a sneak preview of the flat head flannels you'll be carrying this A/W?

I don't want to spoil the surprise. Needless to say the usual insane quality is matched with some great designs including an indigo hounds tooth, native check,  and a blue sawtooth. A few non flannel shirts from TFH too.

A new jean and some t shirts from The Flat Head will be up on the site in a few days.

Already there is a small restock of the loopwheeled black V neck T in size 40 and 42

http://rivetandhide.com/brands/the-flat-head/the-flat-head-loopwheeled-cotton-flying-wheel-t-shirt-black.html

Thanks again to all involved! i just got my pair (superfast shipment!) and really love the whole constuction, fabric, smell, patch etc. However, i'm not yet 100% sure about the fit - will take pictures later. For the moment - big thumbs up to beatle and the whole R&H crew!

vmp1.jpg

wqay.jpg
uvt6.jpg
qh5d.jpg
56j.JPG
bqwf.jpg

Edit: The Fit

c98m.jpg

abph.jpg
i5zq.jpg

I jumped in them from my most comfy and wide pair (Samurai 500XX) and they are unsoaked and stiff as hell. So I feel like I can't bend my legs properly, besides that everything looks fine to me.What do you think?

Edited by Max Power

Now I might be biased / but those fit you really well...can't wait to see post soak pics

I agree with B, they look spot on Flo.

Fit's well and it's not too tight in the thighs/calves area, which is good.  Looking forward to seeing your evo process.

Thanks y'all! I found new favorite details - the croth reinforcement and the swen in belt loops. Fantastic. And the patch is the best I've seen on jeans yet.Super smooth, thick and the embossed lines are so detailed...great!

Compared to my 710 the measurements are pretty similar, a tad smaller in the thighs, so I'm glad I sized up. This gives me hope I can wear these well postsoak, when the stiffness has gone.

I will hold out the soak until the weekend, as I'm super stressed at the moment. See you ;)