ooe yofukuten & co. denim contest

Flash

bad news about the custom options  but i cant wait to see how the brand evolves . I remember reading an interview in which Ryo and Hiro talked about working with wool , im sure whatever happens will be good for the brand 

some fit pics of the 9102's 

13308454105_c15a6be883_c.jpg

13308600143_1188c0899d_c.jpg

I can understand people are disappointed that customization will no longer be possible. I was fortunate enough to be able to own 3 pairs from them and it's regrettable that the contest jeans will be my last customized pair from them.

That said, it was truly amazing how only two people managed to keep this going. A customers dream but probably a nightmare to manufacture. It's the logical next step for a company.

I wish them all the best and am looking forward to their new products.

surely, I feel we need at least 100 votes to give the poll some kind of representability. Isn't there a way to stick the poll to the first page?

well done everyone. there was a few days when i was very tempted to join. for professional reasons i didn't but it's been a joy following along. thanks to Flash for organizing and congrats to Jyoni. it's been a joy to watch them age in person. they are truly gorgeous and annihilated. 

Well done jyoni, you certainly destroyed your pair and this is well deserved! and of course thanks to Flash for setting this up, can't believe it's been 1.5 years! Wish we could do another round or keep this going but I'll be wearing this pair for a while yet.

Wow, thanks everybody.  Lots of badass pairs from this group.  I'm glad the hard wear and hand mending ethos still has relevance.  Even if I didn't pull ahead I would feel glad about seeing a portion of votes going to such a pair as these.  Busting em down and then fixing them is something I deeply love doing and I love seeing others do it as well.

Thanks for everything Flash and I agree it would be awesome to push the contest another year even.  But I'd have to opt in as an observer only because these jeans are way past retirement!

Some updates on my pair...Don't mind the sheets or other items in the background, my girlfriend made those choices! Just moved apartments so a hole in the knee started to develop. Really enjoying where the color is starting to go so I"ll be wearing these for a while yet!

13612519373_31ef174a10.jpg

13612473473_373dbf8763.jpg

13612470433_71a34b24fe.jpg

Really interested in what other pairs people will be wearing? I know red has anachronorms, slab has FC's and 15th WH's, but I'm looking for a pair to replace these once these are off for repair. Really considering Resolute's or Fullcount's but not sure which route to take. Unfortunately all of my WH's are a tad too large lately even for my tastes; such is life!