ooe yofukuten & co. denim contest

Flash

Yeah just buy a new one, Flash.  Don't tell her anything.

Argh I killed my pics of the 44 hoggreaser.  I can retake some.  They're more evo level than a hard contest effort but they look pretty good.

Won't be able to post pics until Saturday but I'll be throwing them in the wash late tomorrow night! Can't believe it's already been 1.5 years! Looking forward to the epicness that will ensue...As for my pair, I'd say I'm about 3 months behind flash's pair, which is fitting since they didn't get any wear the first 3 months I had them because of my job!

Edited by aho

Although I didn't compete, I was always a fan of this competition. Can't wait to see al the submissions in the final picture thread!

By the way, did everybody make it till the end or were there any dropouts?

@aho

mine seems to be even darker than yours, since all 1.5 years long i wore them only on the weekends...

but i am pretty satisfied with the fact that i was one of the competitors in this contest.

great moments through out the competition.

beautiful roping on the yoke and the back pockets.

much thanks for Ryo and Hiro for making this happen!

and also much thanks to flash for arranging this event and keeping it active.

Although I haven't been active at all in this whole contest, I am honored and privileged to be part of this.

I will try to get pics up tmr, although with all the amazing jeans, I don't stand a snowball's chance in Hell. ;)

Thank you all, and of course, Ryo and Hiro!

i haven't updated as much as i wanted and this year really went fast! Thanks again to Flash for organizing this contest and the OOE people of course. I didn't rock my jeans as hard as others but oh well... 

I will throw them in the washer one more time before the last pics.

Now just a teaser...

cxab.jpg

I will only vote for someone who has contributed regularly to the thread as that is a key part of the contest IMHO. Even if a 'sleeper' shows up now with a great pair, that doesn't cut it with me as it's not in the intended spirit as far as I'm concerned.

It's been a great 1.5 years with this jean.  I'll have pics up soon.  I have everything set up for photos...but I keep running out of daylight.

As for my own vote, there are many beautiful pairs but I'm leaning toward simon's.  This was a year-and-a-half denim contest and not only are his fades well developed, he also crossed the threshold into repairs and wasn't afraid to do them himself.  Obviously that is something I quite admire in hard-fought, long-term denim progress.

Yes, those are nice photos!  Incidentally I can't believe the amount of train tracking on this whole lot.  I was half-expecting to be patching train track blowouts on my pair lol.

^Yeah the broken twills I've promised hoggy pics to taunt him with have em too (on both counts, tracks and roping).

So strange how the train tracks break through.  You have em in hand, you'll know what I mean when I say the train track fades seem ridiculously frail from the start, so sharp and crisp.  They hang in there though.  No damage on my end except for areas of constant abrasion on them.