Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Last week I paid $245 including tax for another pair of RW Iron Rangers at Dave's New York. Still cheaper than Cultizm's sale price.

did you log in before you checked the prices? cause lots of these boots are in the 220 range - I guess I dont know what shipping is for the boots though...$20?

Last week I paid $245 including tax for another pair of RW Iron Rangers at Dave's New York. Still cheaper than Cultizm's sale price.

I think the sale price on iron rangers is $221. And since you're not in EU, you don't pay VAT, so net would be like $200. Shipping is about $20 on top...

What style of Iron Ranger did you pick up?

^Very Very nice Loake Burfords up there! I´ve had my eyes on them for a while but never pulled the trigger on them. Might cop in spring though. Since I just copped a pair of Wolverine Addison 1000 Mile Boots. But still a great look!

I love'em. I maybe should have gotten a pair of BHs, though. (this will be my third pair of SDs)

SWEDISH_START

Hej skövde grabben. Jorå, de e fina kängor det.

Akta dig, de är beroendeframkallande.

SWEDISH_END

Haha! Skoj...Svensk antar jag??? Skövdegrabb...jo absolut! Ja lite lätt beroendeframkallande. Köpte precis ett par Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots (Addison)...

What do you think of the quality?

Cosmetically they are very good , not 100 % perfect . My pair were a display pair , got a £25 dicount . Other than minmal marking from handling there were some very small dark marks close to where the uppers and sole join and one boot has a minute nick on the edge of the first sole near the stitching . Compared to the abuse they will get over the coming years these are extremely negligible . The shade/colour of tan is wonderful and in general they appear what they proclaim to be - a traditional well made English country boot .

I do not know the quality of the leather used in thiei manufacture however I done a good few miles walking in them today and the uppers where very supple yet creased little . I had a thin protective rubber sole applied but the walking expereience was vey comfortable . For the price I got them for I am very pleased and even though I have owned these only a few days I would recommend them .

Cosmetically they are very good , not 100 % perfect . My pair were a display pair , got a £25 dicount . Other than minmal marking from handling there were some very small dark marks close to where the uppers and sole join and one boot has a minute nick on the edge of the first sole near the stitching . Compared to the abuse they will get over the coming years these are extremely negligible . The shade/colour of tan is wonderful and in general they appear what they proclaim to be - a traditional well made English country boot .

I do not know the quality of the leather used in thiei manufacture however I done a good few miles walking in them today and the uppers where very supple yet creased little . I had a thin protective rubber sole applied but the walking expereience was vey comfortable . For the price I got them for I am very pleased and even though I have owned these only a few days I would recommend them .

I owned some Loake Chelsea boots - they were cheaper than some recent Loake I've seen, the leather wasn't up to the standard of Tricker's - but they were on a par with, say, Paul Smith. I wouldn't buy them over Tricker's but they're good boots.

002fu.jpg

Trickers 1950s Officers shoes

drool...

Paul T - "I owned some Loake Chelsea boots - they were cheaper than some recent Loake I've seen, the leather wasn't up to the standard of Tricker's - but they were on a par with, say, Paul Smith. I wouldn't buy them over Tricker's but they're good boots"

Prior to eventually opting for the Loakes I looked at Trickers boots , only one shop stocks them in Belfast . And whilst they are a notch up on the Loakes and beautiful boots , I didn't feel it was worth paying twice the money . Iif I had bought a piar I probably would just sit and adore them and not wear them , lol !!!

Just ordered a pair of Wolverine Addison 1000 Mile Boots yesterday, they already shipped so I´ll post pics when they get here.

Need them here in cold, snowy Sweden!

Paul T - "I owned some Loake Chelsea boots - they were cheaper than some recent Loake I've seen, the leather wasn't up to the standard of Tricker's - but they were on a par with, say, Paul Smith. I wouldn't buy them over Tricker's but they're good boots"

Prior to eventually opting for the Loakes I looked at Trickers boots , only one shop stocks them in Belfast . And whilst they are a notch up on the Loakes and beautiful boots , I didn't feel it was worth paying twice the money . Iif I had bought a piar I probably would just sit and adore them and not wear them , lol !!!

Ah, that was THe Bureau? Looks like a great shop. I tried on all the Tricker's in Jermyn street - then bought mine from the factory shop in eBay for £150 (they tend to sell stuff in batches, nothing for months, then a couple of weeks of sales). But the Loakes were definitely good boots for the money.

where to buy wolverine boots?

I bought mine at revolveclothing.com

check these out as well:

www.gravitypope.com

www.gimmeshoes.com

www.onthefly.com

www.thetannery.com

http://needsupply.com

http://shop.smithbutler.com/collections/frontpage

Hope you can find what you might be looking for there...

//Alex

Left pic , my vinatage Whinstanley brogue shoes and to the right my Loake boots (Burford) just purchased three days ago .

001-4.jpg

Nice mike, I've had my eyes on those Loake Burfords for a while - I currently wear the Loake Evolution brogue monk shoes for work and I love them. These are a G width fitting and the Burfords only come in an F so I'm not sure how much difference that will make.

I prefer the Loake toe shape to the Trickers, which seems a little more agricultural and less refined. Grenson make something similar - the Stanley (?) but I'm not sure of their quality these days.

Maynard , My Burfords are a 7 1/2 and are a comfortable fit , I usually take an 8 . I thought the F fitting along with the slimmer profile would require an 8 1/2 but was surprised . Ironically I prefer the "agricultural " look but still am really happy with the Burfords , they mix style and tradition . I would love a boot similar to the design of my Winstanleys (now defunct Irish shoemaker)

Paul T , The Bureau is a neat shop , very upmarket for Belfast . It seems they do more online trade than through the shop though . I visit it now and again to window shop and only purchase in January sales !! £150 for your boots was a great bargain unfortunately the ebay factory shop had nothing I was interersted in at the time .