Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

@postman: I like the looks very much. Really great looking boots.

I was happily surprised that they were all leather soles and not some thin rubber on top as I have seen in other pics.

Definitely not winter boots. Rain could work but snow? Hey Im from Sweden.

Ill try and get fitties during this week.

well i'm based in london so the snow isn't that substantial either but how it holds up against rain would be pretty important.

anyway thanks for the photos, looking forward to your fit pics!

You can't get much lower than 6", maybe 5" on an SD would help. Or maybe you're a shoes only guy.

Me too. At first I was eyeing some of ed's boots, then Fresco's pair put me over the top, and now I'm basically a White's addict. Especially considering all the time and problems he had getting that pair, shame. Buy this man's White's!! They are an amazing pair.

Thanks chaps. I'm torn because I love them and usually they are fine but some days they get a bit uncomfortable. It's strange because I'm sure they were fine last winter.

I'm wearing them now and they are on their best behavior... so maybe they are trying to tell me something.

More specs, pls?

Please anyone comment on my WL that seemed to have passed by unnoticed.

Isnt it strange that the leather is so thin?

Your WL look fantastic. They look similar to the redwing IR in style and cut. The leather definitely looks thinner than that of houstoncris's pair that were posted before.

Can we see some fit pics? I want to know how well the laces close up at the top.

More specs, pls?

Please anyone comment on my WL that seemed to have passed by unnoticed.

Isnt it strange that the leather is so thin?

They do look terrific; it's hard to judge the leather quality from a photo, but they have quite a natural sheen to them. If you think they're not full grain I would email Dan and ask him - after all, their advertising says it is. If we're going to continue the love for WIlliam Lennon on this board, we need the facts!

They do look terrific; it's hard to judge the leather quality from a photo, but they have quite a natural sheen to them. If you think they're not full grain I would email Dan and ask him - after all, their advertising says it is. If we're going to continue the love for WIlliam Lennon on this board, we need the facts!

Cheers!

I shot a mail yesterday to Dan...lets see.

denimjunky; aesthetically those WL really look beautiful! I do agree the leather looks kind of flimsy, especially compared to your Whites. Pls let us know what their answer is.

Just contacted Okuymama san, he confirmed the two months waiting time but thats not a problem since I won't be visiting Japan in the coming next months.

BTW I'd like to trade my Whites SemiDress size 8C (semi dress brown, antique eyelets and hooks, single leather and #430 mini vibram sole).

Preferably trade with another Whites boot size 8C-D with the block heel. (I can't get used to the cuban heel :() Willing to consider other brands or $ offers as well.

^why did you coat them... they had such a cool gray cast to them...

I mean I get why you did it, just saying they're were a beautiful pair before...

Just so they would hold up to winter wear. I bought them with solely for that purpose. I thought about doing it to the Farmer/Ranchers but I like the regular rough out look enough that I decided not to and just bought these to do it to instead.

Anybody have any pictures of White's Semi-Dress or Bounty Hunters with a Vibram 705 half sole? Curious to see how it looks since Baker now has the option.

Seems like they're starting to surface on eBay, but it'd be nice to see a better picture of the side profile:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Whites-Boots-Semi-Dress-Black-5-top-size-9-5-D-/310280220419?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item483e246f03#ht_752wt_1140

dsc3039x.jpg

darn, those farmers look nice!

the toe profile looks good from this pic, reminds me of the MF roadchamps in a way... def. a pair to consider when I go for white's

Because of the recent weather conditions , ice/snow and another six inches has fallen overnight which is highly unsual for Belfast . My leather , with rubber cover , soled Loake Burford and DMs are pretty useless .Think I will spalsh out , again , on these . From Sanders , think the black looks best .

http://sanders-uk.com/products/Kelso-122.php