Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I dreamt about these boots last night.

I love the plain-ness of these, with no lining. I've had unlined military boots in the past - would this be feasible/advisable with horsehide?

i don't see why it would be a problem.

here's a family portrait of my boots

wuhi_3dd_u31k.jpg

from top left to bottom right

Red Wing 875

Whites Semi Dress (for trade)

Alden cordovan #8 jumper

Alden calf kidskin cap toe boots

Alden Roy chrome excel PTB

Alden Indy (canvas lined)

i don't see why it would be a problem.

here's a family portrait of my boots

wuhi_3dd_u31k.jpg

from top left to bottom right

Red Wing 875

Whites Semi Dress (for trade)

Alden cordovan #8 jumper

Alden calf kidskin cap toe boots

Alden Roy chrome excel PTB

Alden Indy (canvas lined)

GotDamn! That´s a nice litl´family right there!

+rep if I could...

Anyone looking for the love em or hate em Wolverine 1000 mile boots could pick up a pair for £144 from ASOS. Black Addison only:

http://www.asos.com/Wolverine/Wolverine-1000-Mile-Made-In-America-Addison-Wingtip-Boots/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1329168&cid=12450&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black

Funnily enough, I was looking at these the night before you posted this...copped them now, worth a look at least and can always return them if needs be...gotta spread...

I'll get some pics up when they're here...

denimjunky, my Alden 405s are the same ones in the bottom right of SLAB's picture. Basic 405s with cotton duck lining. Picked them up waaaay before the price hike and they were the first pair of really nice shoes/boots I had. Now that can't hold a candle to some of the others in my collection.

must spread switch, but I only like 405's when they're beat to shit like that.

I polish them up sometimes, but they always end up looking like this after a few wears. I tend to wear these when I have some work to be done.

I spy some LL Bean katahdin iron works as well no?

thinking about picking a pair of those up, what did you think of them overall? wanted iron rangers, lack the necessary funds...beans look almost identical and I've heard they hold up well.

My brother just got the Alden cordovan chukka in cigar. The salesman gave him tan polish, but he's not convinced.

Any opinions on what product/color to use in polishing them?[/quote

buy a dedicated horsehair brush and this really should be all he needs. occasionally i clean mine with melotonian all purpose cleaner and conditioner. they shine so nice without anything else. i have noticed that when i have used shoe polish they scuff faster and get dirty quicker. it is amazing what a shine with just the brush will do. And i say dedicated brush because the wax residue on other brushes leaves a film on the cordovan as well with the same scuffy/dirty issue

love the black SD. great family :)

Thanks!

Theyre Brown semi-dress. Look darker in this pic though.

denimjunky: Must spread....the seventh one, is that Burgundy french calf SD?

No, its Water buffalo Sienna.

I spy some LL Bean katahdin iron works as well no?

thinking about picking a pair of those up, what did you think of them overall? wanted iron rangers, lack the necessary funds...beans look almost identical and I've heard they hold up well.

Yes, they are very much bang for your buck. Those are my beat them up for everything work stuff boots.

What pair is neglected? Well the GT which is still entirely new. Shit, gotta use it some.