Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I need to stay away from ebay. After scoring my last pair of White's roughouts for $157 I decided I liked them so much I'd keep my eye out for another pair to abuse for winter. Just won these for $153.50. Keeping the originals nice and these ones will get dubbed for winter use and the more aggressive sole should prove handy for the deep snowy days as well.

I knew I forgot to bid on those!

I need to stay away from ebay. After scoring my last pair of White's roughouts for $157 I decided I liked them so much I'd keep my eye out for another pair to abuse for winter. Just won these for $153.50. Keeping the originals nice and these ones will get dubbed for winter use and the more aggressive sole should prove handy for the deep snowy days as well.

It's amazing how much price goes up as size goes down. Same boots in 10.5 went for $285, 10 for $307 and 9.5 for $326. The 11 and 11.5 for $153 however...days like today I'm glad I have big feet as 11D is proving to be a nice cheap size for Whites on Ebay.

Here my old clarks that I've had for about a year and a half going on two, had em resoled a while ago bout time I clean em up and start wearing them again now that the weather is changing in Texas. One of these days I'm going to bite the bullet with some brown chrome excel bounty hunters.

I gave them a light coat of #8 polish when I got them resoled I'm happy with how the color came out.

5246113662_60c8de1566.jpg

5246113694_29e09f41a3.jpg

Walking thru East London today, I saw a chap with a very nice pair of boots.

alfredsergeant.jpg

Alfred Sargent - the Selkirk, I think, which he found in Lewes, Sussex. Far nicer in the flesh than you might have seen on-line - the leather looks rich, translucent, reminiscent of 1930s leather suitcases. It's zug grain, which I guess is their scotchgrain, I remember reading somewhere that this is very weatherproof. These look to be pretty impressive boots for £230 or so.

@Denimjunky: OMG!!! These boots are absolutely looking great! I´d love me a pair of those! The black pair is...uhm...b e a u t i f u l

alfredsergeant.jpg

Alfred Sargent - the Selkirk, I think, which he found in Lewes, Sussex. Far nicer in the flesh than you might have seen on-line - the leather looks rich, translucent, reminiscent of 1930s leather suitcases. It's zug grain, which I guess is their scotchgrain, I remember reading somewhere that this is very weatherproof. These look to be pretty impressive boots for £230 or so.

That's the Selkirk, alright. Now: is it possible to polish every scotchgrainlike leather like these?

I think if you order the cap toe through Baker you can specify the shorter (I've heard it called the "half-moon" style) caps by just putting it in the notes field at time of order. Or you could just do it straight through White's too which may be easier to ensure you get exactly what you want.

anyone know if bakershoe also offers perforated cap toe option (might be Japan exclusive); i emailed them twice already but no response (guess they are tired of me mailing them)

example

mobsiennna800.jpg