Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

holy fuck those bottom ones... the mountain light lookin joints are awesome

the danner outlet outside portland gets ridiculous heat sometimes. still need to go

this japanese dude Katsu is always comin back from there with ridiculous steals...

Just put in my order through my local Alden dealer for a pair of whiskey indys, should be here around January they said. Can not fucking wait.

Which "local" alden dealer is that?

My guess is it is the one that is about to call and say...oh...you said Whiskey. Whiskey shell? Make that January 2016.

Or Alden-Of-Carmel had some Whiskey Indys they weren't telling anyone about.

can someone point me the direction of a boot that is similar to jstavrin redwing GTs from a couple of posts back, but without a commando sole? Actually, is there anything darn close to exact but with a flat/leather sole? I have to wear commando type of sole with a steel toe five days a week and would love to able to get out of it but still wear a similar boot.

how about this:

http://http://www.cultizm.com/images/product_images/info_images/274_0.jpg

if the link doesnt work check cultizm.com redwings iron rangers

Cool...didn't know that Alden had resumed doing one-off made to orders. They had ceased doing so completely right when I started being into and aware of their shoes a few years ago. Any idea what level of customization they will allow and what the price increase is?

Does anybody have the Sugar Cane Sugar Lone Wolf Mechanic Boots? At $575 + $18.85 shipping from History Preservation they seem pretty damn pricey but possibly awesome, and a boot that will last. Experiences?

i have almost all models of lw boots and i can say they are by far some of the greatest work boots of all time. check out my blog and i posted some of them here check out post from a year or so ago on this thread

well theyre a bit different but the workmanship i can say YES but white's are more authentic but both are great boots

its like comparing nissan skyline gtr to a ford cobra gt500

now these are not leather, but do look better with age..

My PF Flyer Re-Issues

DSC05375.jpg

DSC05377.jpg

I posted more pics on my blog if you like these. I'm thinking of picking up a pair in off white and blue...

Nice shoes! I have the same pair, also well aged, in black, but their low top model. I much prefer them to chucks.

Man, I'm in awe of all the beautiful shoes in this thread. A sort of... measured awe so that I wouldn't have to use funds I didn't have. However, the funds have come, and I'm also going to be in London the next few days.

Does anyone know where there is a good place to buy Church's, Grenson's, Tricker's in London aside from Saville Row? I heard there was a place that sold British shoes for a decent price but I can't place my finger on it. Thanks guys.

Man, I'm in awe of all the beautiful shoes in this thread. A sort of... measured awe so that I wouldn't have to use funds I didn't have. However, the funds have come, and I'm also going to be in London the next few days.

Does anyone know where there is a good place to buy Church's, Grenson's, Tricker's in London aside from Saville Row? I heard there was a place that sold British shoes for a decent price but I can't place my finger on it. Thanks guys.

You won't find any shoes on Savile Row. You can find most of the above shoe makers on Jermyn Street or Burlington Arcade, but not at any reduction.

I don't know of anywhere in London that sells them for a reduced price except Men’s Traditional Shoes (171 Camberwell Rd), way out of the typical shopping areas in Camberwell (not a nice area).

I've not been there but they are reputed to be cheap. I hear a lot of shoes there have to be ordered since they are not held in stock.

Crockett & Jones, Trickers, Edward Green, Foster & Sons, Church's and John Lobb ready to wear are all on Jermyn Street. I can't think of any on Savile Row.

I like Crockett & Jones shop on Jermyn... the chaps are all super friendly and helpful, unlike Trickers where they are a bit snobby.