Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Well god damn, I thought maybe there were places that had them in stock. I guess I'm wrong, sorry to be such a bother.

There are some places, but not many. The Stronghold in Venice California may carry a limited stock. I also heard about a store in NYC that carries an extremely limited selection, possibly limited to black, but I can't even recall the name. Somebody else may know.

The odds are that you won't see a pair in person without placing an order. This thread can be the next best thing.

Well god damn, I thought maybe there were places that had them in stock. I guess I'm wrong, sorry to be such a bother.

Don't let it get to you, I had the same confusion. You should just order them from Baker Shoe and take the necessary precautions (toe box).

I need some help tracking down some flat, black, waxed (or not) laces for my Red Wings. I've been checking the local shoe stores and no one seems to sell flat laces that aren't extremely wide.

These are what I'm looking for:

145524_366_45.jpg

Round laces really change the look of the boot.

I need some help tracking down some flat, black, waxed (or not) laces for my Red Wings. I've been checking the local shoe stores and no one seems to sell flat laces that aren't extremely wide.

These are what I'm looking for:

145524_366_45.jpg

Round laces really change the look of the boot.

have you called red wing?

Has anyone seen this video yet from the Horween Leather Company Blog about how they make shell cordovan leather and use it in making shoes with Allen Edmonds? Really interesting video, all shell cordovan fans must see it!

http://vimeo.com/4814754

I have never seen that video before, but the horween site has been looking a bit better over the last few years.

Also, the part where they show the scratching, I ran into a similar situation with my AF65s. I had just gotten home from proposing to my girlfriend (my babies momma) and I took my shoes off and left them in the living room. I came out about an hour layer to see my cat laying next to them. I thought they were finished. Scratches on the leather, etc. etc. But the next day I waxed them up and the scratches were barely noticeable. If those shoes were cowhide, they would have been dust.

Also, are there any American bootmakers that make boots out of regular horsehide, like front quarter? Harness boots, etc.

does anybody know the difference btwn RW 9014 GT's and RW 9014 Beckman's? To me, they look the same. Thanks.

i wanted to write something really nasty in response, but I will keep quoting your post until you come up with the answer to your "question" yourself, moron!

Has anyone seen this video yet from the Horween Leather Company Blog about how they make shell cordovan leather and use it in making shoes with Allen Edmonds? Really interesting video, all shell cordovan fans must see it!

http://vimeo.com/4814754

Damn, dude. That was awesome. Thanks for the post.

does someone know where to get some spare red wing shoe laces ? thanks....

burg & schild in berlin usually has them available, depending on the model.

i thin they currently lack the flat waxed ones for the GTs.

otherwise, you will have to contact the red wing store in frankfurt, which is by far the biggest stockist in europe, as far as i know.