Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I know Red Wings aren't exactly a "top tier" boot, but they're damn solid. I've been wearing these GTs every day for a year and have put them through hell: 10+ mile hikes, biking, and a 3-month stay in Europe. I love them (though I'm psyched that my Bounty Hunters will be arriving soon...).

IMG_3063.jpg?t=1249928210

IMG_3068.jpg?t=1249928220

IMG_3069.jpg?t=1249928232

I'd like to see the cow that supplied that hide.

Yeah, it sucks I wish people + repped for perfect English, then I might have a bit more rep points. Ahh, who am I kiddin?

can someone point me the direction of a boot that is similar to jstavrin redwing GTs from a couple of posts back, but without a commando sole? Actually, is there anything darn close to exact but with a flat/leather sole? I have to wear commando type of sole with a steel toe five days a week and would love to able to get out of it but still wear a similar boot.

Nah, he means big fucking dicks.

I just got my first pair of Alden Cordovan shoes (finally) I think they are #8 not sure of the model or last, so I'm gonna have to post pictures when I get home to my camera.

They are hella nice and a snip at $60!

I also finally got a pair of Redwing 9011 courtesy of a sufu member. It's been a great day!

Nice looking shoes. I love the blucher style shoe. They get some nice soft creases.

$60 huh. That is ridiculous for those.

The seller is a friend of mine and he's told me about them before. They were part of a limited run that Alden did for a European customer. They are basically a cross between the 990, which is their plain-toe blucher and the saddle shoe, but as you noted without the brogueing on the edges of the saddle piece.

This is what AAAC had to say about this model last year.

I guess that could have been Anatomica in Paris.