Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Man, I'm in awe of all the beautiful shoes in this thread. A sort of... measured awe so that I wouldn't have to use funds I didn't have. However, the funds have come, and I'm also going to be in London the next few days.

Does anyone know where there is a good place to buy Church's, Grenson's, Tricker's in London aside from Saville Row? I heard there was a place that sold British shoes for a decent price but I can't place my finger on it. Thanks guys.

Try John Rushton on Wimpole Street, W1; he stocks Alfred Sergeant, Cheaney, and various others. Really knows his stuff, and has some exclusive things that he has the manufacturers make up just for him, I believe.

The place on Camberwell Road that fre$co mentions is also good, but his stock of Sergeants can be a bit hit and miss, I'd say. It's also a bit out of the way, but well worth a visit.

Also, Albam has ltd edition Grenson collabs, but you'd want to check the stock levels on their website before heading over there.

I can't belive it - but these are actually in the air right now***

This is just a little teaser - full sized pics and fit pics and smell of leather deatils when they are on my feet**

Thanks again , Tom, LeatherSoul was very helpful - great service

snuffindy.jpg

The bottom of that sole almost looks like what comes on the regular 405s

Also, don't know if it is the angle, but that stitching looks uneven around the toe... Hacks!

Guest jbone45

Here's an update on the Rough Out's after a couple weeks:

29enp1f.jpg

nf2mc2.jpg

4l6lqx.jpg

They got some pretty bad staining from my motorcycle on the inner side of the boot, but whatever it adds to the character. Let me know what you guys think..

Crockett & Jones, Trickers, Edward Green, Foster & Sons, Church's and John Lobb ready to wear are all on Jermyn Street. I can't think of any on Savile Row.

I like Crockett & Jones shop on Jermyn... the chaps are all super friendly and helpful, unlike Trickers where they are a bit snobby.

That's my recollection as well... everything was on Jermyn Street. I actually was in the area to see Saville Row and then walked onto Jermyn St. by accident. I walked into a couple of the stores. Edward Green unfortunately was very snobby and had what I would consider to be customer dis-service up until the point I said I was going to purchase a pair of Shannon boots. Even then, I wouldn't say they were very friendly. (Given, I was walking in wearing Alden 405s and Sorahiko's fresh off of a red eye, so I might not have looked like the most likely candidate for making a purchase.) Hence why I intend to make any future EG purchases through LeatherSoul.

In any case, if you want to see some nice shoes, you should check out Jermyn St. To my recollection, nothing is actually any cheaper. I believe it was actually significantly more expensive since the exchange rate was horrible at the time.

I agree with your comments on EG, but unfortunately that is more like the norm here. If you find a shop that offers great service you have to support them. If you don't want to pay the highstreet store price, you can probably get trickers and C&J cheaper on pediwear shipped to the US since you don't have to pay VAT.

Which tailor did you go to Amlai?

By the way, everyone is spelling Savile Row incorrectly.

EG as a company has provided me with fantastic service, but that store is something else. I've heard that if you're a good enough customer at EG that they know you then they can be okay... that's some serious coin to spend before they provide good customer service. I guess there's a bit of a difference between UK and US. At a high end store like EG in the US, great service is simply expected.

I didn't actually visit any of the tailors since I didn't do any good research on the tailors on Savile Row (stupid Google suggestions wants to spell it wrong), so I basically did some window shopping. Was very interesting to see so many tailors in one area. Actually, same with all the shoe places on Jermyn St. Nothing like that exists anywhere in the US as far as I can tell. Pretty sure NYC would be the closest and I know there's not one there.

For C&J, you might want to have a look at P. Lal as well. I hear their pricing is probably the best anywhere and their customer service is good despite the fact that they seem a bit sketchy being in Malaysia and they basically don't have a online store.

i can vouche for p lal man i ordered my wedding shoes from them 10 days before the day the delivered as usual.. you have to order via phone though they do know very well about their shoes very very good people

Your roughouts are looking awesome. You've inspired me to sno-seal my marine corp roughouts.

Here's an update on the Rough Out's after a couple weeks:

29enp1f.jpg

nf2mc2.jpg

4l6lqx.jpg

They got some pretty bad staining from my motorcycle on the inner side of the boot, but whatever it adds to the character. Let me know what you guys think..