Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Thanks.

Cat's Paws maybe? That's down the road for me. They're still working well for me at the moment.

oh, from the first and second pic it looks like you're pretty close to wearing through the rubber part of the heel. I believe its pretty simple to get a replacement set. just call alden and they can send you some new ones. cat's paws would be pretty cool though. I've only called them for laces (which showed up in less than a week, and at no cost to me).

I was going to wait to shoot in natural light, but whatever. White's Bounty Hunters:

IMG_3092.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3097.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

What type of sole did you get on this pair my man? Very nice indeed...

thanks for the explanation Fresco! Is it safe to assume that roughouts need the same treatment as suede? Is it just as 'fragile' as suede or can it be worn hard?

believe it or not, suede is not all that fragile. All those silicone sprays and stuff are not even necc from my experience. Though I would never wear suede shoes in the winter if there's snow/salt on the sidewalks, or if there's pouring rain. I had been caught in light drizzles in suede shoes and just some rough brushing to raise the nap gets them looking good again. Also I heard shoe repair shops have some technique to get them to look like new, but I never needed to try this out for myself.

In other words if they look good to you, try getting a pair. This is the shoes that look better with AGE thread, not shoes that look best new.

those are beautiful.

I don't think my wife would let me buy ANOTHER pair of brown boots, but I don't own a black pair... but those brown are really, really nice looking...

Those Wolverine pics have reminded me to ask where you get flat waxed laces. I've never seen them in store nor can I find them online. I tried calling Red Wing and they wouldn't sell any to me.

I've had my eye on that William Lennon site for a while now. I spoke with the guy some time ago about sizing. Everything is pretty wide as standard but they don't do half sizes unfortunately.

Brass screw construction and heavy leather soles look good.

$375, a little more pricey than Red Wings, but worth the extra moolah.

I don't have an easily articulated explanation for this, and I haven't put my hands on them, so I am a fool for holding such a strong opinion, but I really, really, hate these boots. A lot of it stems from the fact that I sincerely believe that a significant moment in the design, creation, and eventual release of these boots was a conversation that involved phrases liked "diversified branding" "capturing the _____ market segment" and "development of a high-end lifestyle line" all of which make me a little sick to my stomach. It also stems from the fact that I think the boot completely lacks anything to make it worth the price they are asking for it when there are options like Whites and Alden at the same price point, and Red Wing at a lower price point. If there was something special about them like: a horsehide option, being painstaking replicas of the originals, or just some kind of cache value that I don't think Wolverine really has, I would see it as a more justifiable thing, but as is I don't see them doing anything you can have done custom with better materials and craftsmanship from Whites for the same price.

i won the auction on ebay yesterday. will post more pics, when i get them. (dunno if it will be before or after vacation, though...)

seriously, those look great. ive been eyeing ebay for a pair like that myself for quite some time now; great pick-up but pls tell me they aren't a size 8-8.5

seriously, those look great. ive been eyeing ebay for a pair like that myself for quite some time now; great pick-up but pls tell me they aren't a size 8-8.5

they´re a 9 D ;)

i searched ebay for a pair like this for quite a few months, but when i saw these i knew, that i ´d have to get them...in the end i got them for less, then i was willing to pay...