Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I'm wondering what the expected lifespan of a pair of boat shoes is. I realize the soles were originally intended to be worn on docks, so how well will they hold up in the city?

I got a pair of rogues gallery ones, which are made by quoddy trail, and the soles appear to be pretty thin, even for boat shoes.

my mother in law wore a pair for 27+ years on and off a boat.

The new RM 2268s plus some bonus pics from Lightening Maintenance Magazine.

Fit wise I sized down a half on my regular shoe size. They crippled me after the first day of wear but I massaged a bit of mink oil in and have worn all day today. They seem to be getting there, tough SOBs though.

2268-1.jpg

2268-2.jpg

L1.jpg

L2.jpg

L3.jpg

Do those red wings only come in black. It looks like in the lightning magazine that they come in brown as well.

Now with added legs!

2268-3.jpg

Hope they work out LL.

Have a pair of these in the tan roughout.... Great boots. Bulletproof. Reasonable price point. The ONLY thing wrong with them is the plastic heel stack instead of leather, but thats easy to have swapped out at the local cobbler cheaply.

edit: They come in black, copper (which is reddish brown), and tan roughout

yeah but the toebox on these are more of a "classic" type to start with theyre not so rounded like the rw's they will age up to a more sharper toe box rather than a rounded like the vintage 2268's ive seen

LL= he has 2 pairs one is older than the other he says that the tanning of the leather is different ... and some details and he says that his pair has steel toes .. the soles onboth of them are done by okuyama-san

slub= i just put some mink oil on the soles before i started using them thats it just to protect it from water

The new RM 2268s plus some bonus pics from Lightening Maintenance Magazine.

sorry to be dense, but RM is an abbreviation for what brand?

I thought that for a second too, but I believe he meant RW = red wings.