Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Alden is always happy to send me replacement laces, but they are always the plain cotton variety. I think i've gone through 4 or 5 sets in the past 3 years. I have asked if they have the waxed variety and they informed me that they do not.

^^ your local alden dealer? or try contacting alden directly.

i went to my local dealer and they were happy to give me a pair of replacement laces!

For those others of you who ordered the 1000 miles from PapaShoe before the price-change but have heard nothing of their shipping status:

Hi there,

We are having some supply chain management issue with some of the SKUs by Wolverine we carry. They unfortunately include Wolverine 1000 Mile. Please do not worry though. I have gotten a solid promise from Wolverine that they will drop ship all of these orders out although a small postponement in shipping will be experienced. Our supplier further told us they are doing their hardest to make production catch up with demand and the magnitude of orders coming in to them. We are sorry for this delay and the resulting inconvenience.

Apologetically Yours,

www.Papashoe.com

888-397-4515

Good to hear.

Talk about some clunky ass boots.

nobody who has worn a pair of whites would say that.

How I'd love to get a pair of engineers. But I find them a bit to round toe for me cause I'm Tall and thin. The only alternative I found is a pair of wesco with the patrol toe, so I'm waiting a bit until I get the finance. For the moment I keep wearing My semi dress.

For those others of you who ordered the 1000 miles from PapaShoe before the price-change but have heard nothing of their shipping status:
Hi there,

We are having some supply chain management issue with some of the SKUs by Wolverine we carry. They unfortunately include Wolverine 1000 Mile. Please do not worry though. I have gotten a solid promise from Wolverine that they will drop ship all of these orders out although a small postponement in shipping will be experienced. Our supplier further told us they are doing their hardest to make production catch up with demand and the magnitude of orders coming in to them. We are sorry for this delay and the resulting inconvenience.

Apologetically Yours,

www.Papashoe.com

888-397-4515

Good to hear.

Thanks for the update, but this doesn't sound quite right. It seemed as though their website had real-time inventory, so I didn't think it would be possible to order something that was out of stock. Given the pricing "mix-up" by PapaShoe, I don't think Wolverine will be in any rush to ship them these boots. Anyway, it doesn't sound like we'll be getting our boots any time soon.

Not to mention there is a "delivered in 7 days guaranteed" sign on their homepage. I clicked the link and it says nothing about what "guaranteed" means.

I still can't say enough about these light-weights I bought from Limmer Boots about a year ago. I've logged several hundred miles on the trail in them, and I'm not sure if they're fully broken in yet. People have hiked Everest and completed the Appalachian Trail in Limmers, and many have said they last as long as 25 years... About time for some more Obenaufs.

29yp4ck.jpg

sqrs6o.jpg

15euxjm.jpg

25sycue.jpg

Look back some pages. I don't know how many. I posted a pic with comparisons to my brando engineers.

do chippewa engineers fit true to size? and does any one have fit pics?

I just got these in the mail today ---> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110424129418&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

It's a pretty bad picture they have on the auction. They are much darker in real life. I wasn't really planning on buying them but for $100 shipped they were a steal.

As far as sizing.....

My Chippewa engineers feel about a half size large. However I ordered them TTS and I just stuck an insole in there and with boot socks they feel great.

For reference I wear an 10.5 in chucks, 10.5 in desert boots, 11d in the red wing iron ranger and 11d in Lucchese (not that I think any of yall wear cowboy boots).

Hope this helps.

i've decided on getting a pair of alden long wings in shell, the problem is, leffot has the ravello shell in now, but im really digging the #8 shell as well. I'm fukn thinking bout which one to get all the time like a hs crush! any suggestions? i'll mostly be wearing it with jeans and a white tee

let's put it this way, ravello is a lot more rare and it could be years before you can get your hands on a pair in the style you want. on the other hand, #8 shell is for the most part readily available and you can always pick up a pair at a later date if so desired.

i've decided on getting a pair of alden long wings in shell, the problem is, leffot has the ravello shell in now, but im really digging the #8 shell as well. I'm fukn thinking bout which one to get all the time like a hs crush! any suggestions? i'll mostly be wearing it with jeans and a white tee

I suggest ravello. It is a much more dynamic color. While I love #8 when it is new, I have seen #8 morph into a brown that while beautiful is kinda disappointing.

Ravelloo's it is! edit* Just picked these up today... Steven from Leffot helped me greatly but I was pretty set on getting these already when I got there, he showed me a stack of these all packed up n ready to ship for his reserved orders. not many left from what I remember

3904798845_db4795fa08.jpg

3905576034_58197faf73.jpg

3905556766_a59425c8f4.jpg