Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Hmmm, my order hasn't shipped yet from Papa Shoe, but the did charge my card. I'll have to call them later to see if they'll ship or not.

Did you order on Tuesday? I talked to them and they seemed to think mine should go out today. Don't give them a chance to rethink shipping the boots. As far as I am concerned the payment portion is different than shipping. If the folks got paid, the shipping department takes everything over after that.

PAPA SHOES was probably like, "wow we've got so many orders for these boots.. let's raise the price...

Yesterday they had 50 orders, today they have none....

Ithinkit's actually because a vendor complained about how low the price was. Since Wolverine told all of it's retailers to not mark the boots down, I can imagine another seller of these being quite upset that a random website is undercutting them illegally. Wolverine probably cracked the whip on them the same way Band of Outsiders told Farinelli's to stop having a forum discount on their brand. Or maybe I'm wrong, who knows?

If that is the case though, I have to assume Papa's shoes will send out the orders it's already received, since it's wasn't their idea to raise the price to begin with.

Can Someone help decide whether i should use mink oil or beewax to polish my redwings?? i'm really stuck here... anyone tried both?? what are ur experiences?? thanks.

what red wings do you have?

I'm going to answer like you have a pair of 875s, 877s, GTs, or Iron rangers.

if you're thinking about using mink oil, forget about it. Get Obenauf's LP instead. Mink oil has acids in it that break down leather and stitching over time.

if you're looking for an actual polish, I dont think you're going to have any luck polishing up a pair of 875s, 877s, or iron rangers (depending on the leather). So if you're wanting to polish a pair of GTs, just get the appropriate kiwi shoe polish color.

after about a month of tribulation I finally have my wwII impressions rough out boots last night. I dubbed them with sno-seal, I don't know if i'm gonna try shoe polish like the website I found suggests. Here are some pictures for those who are curious. click the links for big.

3884653058_5a4165211a.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2674/3884653058_5a4165211a_b.jpg

3883860657_cbd8d0d57f.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2426/3883860657_cbd8d0d57f_b.jpg

3884651708_0a9b8c3ebf.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2631/3884651708_0a9b8c3ebf_b.jpg

I'm wondering what the expected lifespan of a pair of boat shoes is. I realize the soles were originally intended to be worn on docks, so how well will they hold up in the city?

I got a pair of rogues gallery ones, which are made by quoddy trail, and the soles appear to be pretty thin, even for boat shoes.

don't get yer hopes up bro, the ones down here suck.

the only things the red wing store in Raleigh is good for are :

ordering shoes from so you can get lifetime laces and eyelets

not having any of the coolest pairs of red wings including 875s and 877s

buying obenauf's LP or red wing socks.

but they can order anything you want. they will measure you with their weird machine that i dont think is very accurate, and then they'll tell you when they come in. if they dont fit when you go to get them, they'll order you another pair at no cost to you.

I'm wondering what the expected lifespan of a pair of boat shoes is. I realize the soles were originally intended to be worn on docks, so how well will they hold up in the city?

I got a pair of rogues gallery ones, which are made by quoddy trail, and the soles appear to be pretty thin, even for boat shoes.

my brother has two pairs of those ones....they have lasted more than a year of wear, even while wearing them in the winter...the tongues are still softer than a baby's bottom

hey guys, i grapped a pair of deadstock brown corcoran jump boots for 100€ and felt even more happy about when i recently saw a worn in pair at 14oz in berlin for about 300€... any thoughts on these, are the good quality!?

Seems like a decent price to me. Corcoran Boots are good quality - actually sold in Military Clothing and Sales Stores. You can buy them here:

http://www.uscav.com/prod_5489_tabid_548_Corcoran%2010%20quot%20%20Jump%20Boot%20w%20Lightweight%20Outsole

Deadstock is another question entirely - brown would be very tough to get...

i want a pair of saddle shoes help

They're tough to find decent ones now days... I got mine on ebay. There a few companies that still make them, but I don't like the style of the oxford leather.. I like this style..

these are mine..

3724868289_f7c69f5ab8.jpg

I have the AF65s which are saddle shoe-ish. They are the two tone cigar and black cordovan. Nice pair of shoes. I don't know if they are still made though.