Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Looks like Leffot is carrying these now. I'm so tempted to pick up a pair. It's definitely an upgrade from the GT's. Made of Horween leather. Looks real pretty from the front.

...well I went to Leffot's website to check out the Wolverines and ended up putting down money on a pair of Alden Indys in cigar shell cordovan. I didn't see that coming...now it's just about the waiting.

...being a member of this forum is costing me a fortune.

...well I went to Leffot's website to check out the Wolverines and ended up putting down money on a pair of Alden Indys in cigar shell cordovan. I didn't see that coming...now it's just about the waiting.

...being a member of this forum is costing me a fortune.

Given how I feel about the Wolverines, that would be what I would consider a best case scenario...congrats on the future Indies...they are something beautiful.

^ in light of that awesome information...

I apologize in advance for this sizing question, but I'm not going to have time in the near future to go try on some Wolverine's. Can anyone offer me a sizing recommendation based on the fact that I wear size 8.5 in Converse Chuck Taylor's and 8.5EE in Indy's? As is clear, I have pretty wide feet (the gentleman at the Alden store had me go back and forth between 9D and 8.5EE and the latter felt better width-wise), but the 1000-milers only come in D width... any recommendations?

Just a heads up for anyone looking for the Wolverine 1000 Mile boots. I copped a pair for well under $300 from papashoe.com. Register and you'll get an email for 10% off which will bring the boots to ~170 + free shipping.

good info! thanks.... +rep

I was planning on photographing the following for comparison purposes:

- Lone Wolf Farmer boots

- Toys McCoy Railman boots

- Wesco Jobmasters boots

- White's Dress Packer boots

That being said, I still find the Toys McCoy's quality, the best (except for the shitty laces.)

bootscombo.jpg

I could wear the Lone Wolf Farmer boot every day of my life, i think. alas i could never afford them

Does anybody have any sizing information regarding the 1000 mile boot. I own a 8D in indies. I wear and 8 in chucks, and 8.5 in PFlyers. An 8 in my other other Alden boots. Supposedly, I am a true 8.5.

That Papa Shoe.com has the best prices I've seen on Red Wings too... DAMN!

Yea too bad they only have Chestnut (and not Cherry) in the GTs/Beckmans whatever they are called now

your link is broken, but I'm assuming it's just a link to the page for the GTs which does indeed show them in the black cherry color, until you select your size, at which point you see that the only available color is the chestnut.

which is actually quite tempting... if I already own a pair of the GTs in black cherry is it silly to get a pair in chestnut? or should I just hold out and buy a nicer boot?

(apologies if your link was meant to go to something else, btw)

your link is broken, but I'm assuming it's just a link to the page for the GTs which does indeed show them in the black cherry color, until you select your size, at which point you see that the only available color is the chestnut.

which is actually quite tempting... if I already own a pair of the GTs in black cherry is it silly to get a pair in chestnut? or should I just hold out and buy a nicer boot?

Silly or not? I got both colors (Moc toe though):

IMG_4960.jpg

I talked to the dude at Leffot yesterday and told him that I wear an 8 in indys and chucks and he said an 8 would go for the 1000 mile boots. Still thinking about it.

owning the blackcherry already,i wouldnt mind getting the 9013,which the GT is in chestnut,a colour i prefer over the 9011 now.if i only had the money...

looks like papashoes just got the # wrong.

papashoes.com just jacked the price for the 1000 mile boot up to $325. I wonder if they will honor my order I put in before the price adjustment.

papashoes.com just jacked the price for the 1000 mile boot up to $325. I wonder if they will honor my order I put in before the price adjustment.

PAPA SHOES was probably like, "wow we've got so many orders for these boots.. let's raise the price...

Yesterday they had 50 orders, today they have none....

PAPA SHOES was probably like, "wow we've got so many orders for these boots.. let's raise the price...

Yesterday they had 50 orders, today they have none....

I wonder if it was an oversight. Like, they priced them so cheap by mistake and only noticed it when the boots started flyin out the door.

Has anyone called or emailed to ask if their order will still be honored? I placed mine yesterday evening and I'm curious, but I don't want to flood them with calls asking the same question. If someone has asked, please post their response.

I wonder if it was an oversight. Like, they priced them so cheap by mistake and only noticed it when the boots started flyin out the door.

actually, they probably put their cost online not knowing they did it. Sounds like Wolverine is going to be priced high... Probably a computer error, that cost them quite a few pairs of shoes..

I kinda wish I put in a order, but that wide width threw me off...

Actually what happened is that they were told by wolverine that the 1000 mile boot could not sell for below MSRP. Another store owner, who watches these sites, called their distributor and exposed papashoes.

I did check my order and it looks like it should ship tomorrow for me. I called and the customer service dude didn't act like anything was out of the ordinary.