Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

hahahaha i know but it was raining in tokyo well half of the day.. and i purposely wear those to break em in.. actually i only boguht 2 pairs with me

white'sbounty hunter

and

ALDEN LEATHERSOUL EXCLUSIVE INDIES

DSC00587.jpg

Eddie, I'll be in Tokyo later this month. What's Inazuma?

the lightning festival for denims and boots and everything americana! last sunday of october!

18380257.jpg

i am selling these 300 plus 20 shipping in us 10.5e. did not fit as well as i wanted too high of an arch.

PM Me

Arch will form to your foot if you wear it for a couple of weeks.

This is my ghetto set up. Psh..who needs horsehair brushes.

169joqv.jpg

Also, I recieved my Sno-Seal in the mail, but I'm still skeptical about applying it to my new WWII Impression boots. For one, I don't want to screw it up and two I don't know if I want to change the color of them. I also read that it only "waterproofs" them to an extent. Anyone have some insight they would like to share...?

You can't screw it up...a hairdryer and sno-seal is all you need. It is a pretty serious waterproofing...I spill coffee, milk, and hot water on my boots on a daily basis and they all roll off after the dubbing I did last month. Also, while I can understand liking the color they are now...I think they look way way better, and definitely more "real"/vintage after they have been dubbed, plus they aren't susceptible to the staining that you will start to see if you don't dub them. Also, if you do sno-seal and then a coat of brown shoe polish, you will develop some awesome variation and patina from the get go. The bottom line for me though is that they just look fantastic after the dubbing, and that they are way more rugged and able to take a beating.

How often do you need to re-apply sno-seal on the boots?

The guy who posted the article about dubbing that I used for instructions said about every year, although I suspect that depends on what kind of wear they see, and how many times they are repelling different liquids, however, mine have seen a month of everyday wear in some serious conditions and there is no sign of needing a re-up.

Anyone have experience with Viberg sizing? The Bobcat looks pretty interesting in the Japanese rough out version.

However, as far as I can tell Baker's has the available custom options to do the same boot for much cheaper than buying them from Japan. It looks like a good option if I can figure out their sizing.

you can basically custom order any viberg boot directly via viberg, as far as I know. from stitching, toe box to leather and sole.

does not need to be more than one pair!

I'm thinking bout getting me a pair of white's, but I'm just not sure which type of leather, is there anywhere I can see what the different options looks like? (I'm talking bout the different leather options that bakers gives)

options from bakers theres others thats not listed here but most of the regulars in this list

Black Smooth

Black Rough out (R/O)

brown smooth

brown r/o

red dog smooth

red dog r/o

tan bull hide*

black bull hide*

brown bull hide*

sienna bull hide*

tan water buffalo*

black water buffalo*

sienna water buffalo*

black french calf*

brown french calf*

burgundy french calf*

Found this on the fedora lounge shows different colors and sole options for the semi dress and the smoke jumper

Semi Dress

http://unionmade.jp/semidress%20variation.htm

Smoke Jumper

http://unionmade.jp/Smoke%20Jumper%20Variation.htm

I'm thinking bout getting me a pair of white's, but I'm just not sure which type of leather, is there anywhere I can see what the different options looks like? (I'm talking bout the different leather options that bakers gives)

Man, look through the thread and you'll see 3 pages up someone posted links to a website that has pictures of different options.

Guest jbone45

6z3klv.jpg

Finally got some sun and heat up here in beautiful Santa Barbara, so I decided I would apply Sno-Seal to the Rough Out's. I took the picture as I was applying the product so they were still kind of shiny. Think I'm going to skip applying brown shoe polish like Tmadd suggested. Overall I'm pleased with the outcome.

Looks nice man. Ahhh the mean streets of santa barbara. I miss them and from your pic I can tell they miss me too.

I just picked up and put on my new White's Farmer-Rancher. Got them custom, 6" in brown elk tanned leather with steel toes.

First thoughts are that these are subsantial and gonna take a bit to get used to the arch and heel.

I was a little uneasy about these because I inquired with White's about ordering the Semi-dress with steel toes and was told no problem. Based in that, I ordered them as Semi-dress with steel toes and was then told that White's won't build the Semi-dress with steel toes.

I just got an email that Shermanbros is having 10% the entire store... if you're thinking about a pair of 405's this might be a good price for you

I just picked up and put on my new White's Farmer-Rancher. Got them custom, 5" in brown elk tanned leather with steel toes.

First thoughts are that these are subsantial and gonna take a bit to get used to the arch and heel.

I was a little uneasy about these because I inquired with White's about ordering the Semi-dress with steel toes and was told no problem. Based in that, I ordered them as Semi-dress with steel toes and was then told that White's won't build the Semi-dress with steel toes.

We need pictures.

So an update...

I sent the bounty hunters back today for correction.

More pics when they return with toe reinforcement and double leather soles. I wonder if it will change the toebox shape a great deal.

I decided I couldn't live with them. I wanted to get them right or I would regret it. I had a great offer of a swap but I don't think the size would have quite worked out for me and that would have made my White's saga too long.