Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

They ended up as triple leather sole and no reinforced toebox. I'm gutted. I just can't live with triple leather soles, I'm already tall enough haha.

So I'm trying to sort it out with them but it looks like it will cost me... unless anyone wants a pair of 6 inch size 9E Bounty Hunters in smooth brown leather with a triple leather sole and brass hardware.

wow. what a day of broken dreams. That seems like a gross oversight on their behalf. You should definitely be able to get the pair you ordered. triple leather sole is outta control.

I, however, am still waiting for Juan to call me back. The person I spoke to on the telephone wasn't very helpful or apologetic and suggested that I either return the boots for a different size or get a refund. That wasn't what I expected seeing as how this was their second mistake with my order...

Lets hope Juan pulls through with something awesome.

wow. what a day of broken dreams. That seems like a gross oversight on their behalf. You should definitely be able to get the pair you ordered. triple leather sole is outta control.

i am of course a big whites boots nutrider, so i would really hope that they would make this right, when you spend that much on boots they should be exactly what you wanted!

they always seemed to be very customer service oriented, although it has been several years since i dealt with them, and i had no issues with my order.

WWII impressions rough outs are goin back for 11 1/2D. I think if I wear them with insoles they will be ok. Juan was super helpful and is compensating me for the shipping back to cali and for the new pair to get to NC. awesome. he also said he looked the new pair over and there is nothing wrong with em.

Essay time....

Well, I ordered through Bakers.

The option at the time on the site was double leather midsole. This is what I chose since it was the only double leather option and I assumed it was a double leather sole. Since then they have added double leather midsole, double leather outsole and triple leather midsole as options.

With me so far?

They say - since I ordered double leather midsole and requested leather soles, that means I ordered triple leather soles. I dont think that is quite right because there was a triple leather option at the time for an extra $40 (which I wasn't charged).

Regarding the toebox: On the site it states that bounty hunters come with a reinforced toebox as standard. I only noticed that celastic toebox was an option recently. I ended up with no toe reinforcement.

It's obviously a problem in communication and discrepancy between the website and actual order options.

I don't think White's are responsible at all and I hope that Bakers will come through and I can go on to recommend them.

I will add though, last time I ordered semi-dress with all eyelets. I actually got eyes and hooks. I wasn't bothered by this but I guess it is not an isolated incident with White's

5/8 of an inch to be precise.

I think edmond has a triple leather sole pair if White's. I think it is popular in Japan too. It is literally bullet proof, those soles would outlive me.

yes i have a suede bounty hunter which im wearing now to tokyo and hk.. really comfortable and sole are yes buller proof like specially i ordered it with the 430 ...

IMG_1372.jpg

Boots above look great!

Is the suede not the same as the roughout leather?

In the Free and Easy "mr bootsman" mag there are some some Semi Dress

and Smokejumpers shown in "voyager swede" and "distressed swede."

(I'm really feeling the black/brown combo in particular.)

Has anyone ordered something like this directly from White's?

Might be time for another pair of White's!

yes i have a suede bounty hunter which im wearing now to tokyo and hk.. really comfortable and sole are yes buller proof like specially i ordered it with the 430 ...

IMG_1372.jpg

oh eddie,

after seeing the pic, i am now extremely depressed that i order my whites sd in dark brown, the brass eyelet and the suede goes so well together....can you please post few more pics?

because of you, I decided to sell my semi dress now in size 8C , please pm if interested...$300 shipped

Fresco,

they do look nice, but I can see why you dont wanna rock the triple leather sole. I know I wouldnt want to. It looks kinda outrageous. Something about it just looks extreme but at the same time, isn't it the same height as double leather + vibram?

when I order a pair of whites I think I'm gonna go with single leather. Those leather soles just look so nice and I like how slim the single leather looks.

Fresco,

they do look nice, but I can see why you dont wanna rock the triple leather sole. I know I wouldnt want to. It looks kinda outrageous. Something about it just looks extreme but at the same time, isn't it the same height as double leather + vibram?

when I order a pair of whites I think I'm gonna go with single leather. Those leather soles just look so nice and I like how slim the single leather looks.

Yeah it is the same height as double + vibram. If I was having vibram soles, I would go single leather + vibram.

Eddie, I really like those roughouts.

Fre$co, if you are still keen to move those on I'm interested. Did you go wider than the last pair of Whites I took off your hands?

Being shorter than you I should have no qualms about wearing thicker soles.

PM sent man

I posted these last year here, but just put them on my blog so I thought I'd update the photos on here...

As of late, it's been work boots, but not everyday calls for them... sometimes you're stepping out on the town and these might be the shoes for you...

These are my spectator shoes that I picked up and had them resoled (front) but left the cats paws that were on them...

They look very spiffy with the right suit...

DSC05078.jpg

DSC05080.jpg?

more pics on my blog

Those white's don't look too bad out side.. Even with that triple sole

Your 405's look just like mine. we must have bought and worn them about the same time... they look great.