Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

My lil package from Hawaii just arrived. Really stoked. Big props to Tom for his great service. He shipped from Hawaii, last Thursday and I received it today, Monday 1200pm Singapore time! Pics later in the week.

did he mark it down for customs?

want to get ultimate indy's but afraid for customs

I did not specifically ask Tom to mark it down but he did mark it down and put it as a gift. In Singapore we get charged for GST only for purchases above SGD$400. Either that or when things get shipped by those blowhards called Fedex or DHL. Hope it helps.

I'm sure he said he couldn't do that for shipping to europe. It was pretty much the only thing stopping me ordering something from leathersoul.

when I ordered my ultimate indies, he told me he did not ship to europe, so I had them shipped to a friend in the states who shipped them to me...

didn't get hit by customs :D

I received a pair of redwing GTs in blackcherry 3-4 days ago and have been wearing them almost everyday since. I'm surprised how well they've started wearing in in such a short time (all that talk about horween's superiority to featherstone was getting me a bit worried). Anyway here are some pictures with my LVC '54 501Zs.

dsc4264copy.jpg

dsc4261copy.jpg

dsc4260copy.jpg

Nice lookin boots and nice cuffs.

today I posted some pics of my shoe shine kit on my blog and thought it be nice to see other's shoe shine kits... since we all need them for our boots and shoes...

DSC05238.jpg

DSC05234.jpg?

DSC05237.jpg

Guest jbone45

This is my ghetto set up. Psh..who needs horsehair brushes.

169joqv.jpg

Also, I recieved my Sno-Seal in the mail, but I'm still skeptical about applying it to my new WWII Impression boots. For one, I don't want to screw it up and two I don't know if I want to change the color of them. I also read that it only "waterproofs" them to an extent. Anyone have some insight they would like to share...?

polishes.jpg

I have a lot of other junk, but these are the ones I use frequently. I sometimes use Fiebing's pure kneatsfoot oil for my leather goods because it gives them a yellowish tint, but for shoes I have to use a neutral oil like Lexol.

There are 2 SUFUer's that I wish would post their setups:

- GregNYC (I think he's probably not coming back)

- LeicaLad (I know you lurk these days, but your posts are truly missed)

And I can't forget to mention, that water is a shoe polish's best friend.

Terry, thanks for the pictures of your boot collection!

Still looking for someone in the USA thats willing to proxy me some boots from Leathersoul

Ok, let me set this straight. We do ship to Europe but we are very picky since we have been burned in the past with credit card fraud and people disputing charges and taking the shoes. Sometimes we may be overly cautious and scare customers away but we have to do this to protect ourselves.

I will always take care of established customers but new customers will be on a case by case basis as far as all things related to shipping.

Oh yeah, don't email me and say, "Hey man, ship me some boots yo, mark that shit down to $99 so I don't need to pay my gov-ment and I'll pay you by Paypal bro." Surefire way I will not want to do business with you.

By the way, just in case some people don't get it. It is technically illegal to mark down prices. It is fraudulent, so be careful when you report that certain companies do it and certain ones don't. Keep it in the PM if you respect the company.

Well, shit. After finding out (from fre$sco's boots) that I dislike the "brown smooth" leather that Baker offers, I tried to call and switch to semi-dress leather. As it turns out, I called too late and the cut of the leather had already been made. The guy from Baker said they would make some alterations (i could quite follow what, exactly) to the leather in order to make it more like the semi-dress, but it's anybody's guess as to how that'll turn out.

Ok, let me set this straight. We do ship to Europe but we are very picky since we have been burned in the past with credit card fraud and people disputing charges and taking the shoes. Sometimes we may be overly cautious and scare customers away but we have to do this to protect ourselves.

I will always take care of established customers but new customers will be on a case by case basis as far as all things related to shipping.

Oh yeah, don't email me and say, "Hey man, ship me some boots yo, mark that shit down to $99 so I don't need to pay my gov-ment and I'll pay you by Paypal bro." Surefire way I will not want to do business with you.

marking down the value wasn't even a question that popped up to me, all in all I can totally understand Tom and I would just like to add, it was a pleasure doing bussiness with him and the service was excellent. :D

in all seriousness, we all know it's illegal. Some companies do it, some don't. Leathersoul seem to be rather cagey about it.

I'm sure I've asked in an email or PM before and had a rather 'unfriendly' response so I was surprised to hear that they do it. Then there was Tom's reply which didn't say whether they ship to europe or not or what their practices are....

I was just amused by this.

Please carry on

I apologise for starting this crap albeit unintentionally. I have no idea it was illegal to do that sort of thing as I had never requested it from any online purchaes before and it was my mistake to have put it on a public forum. I thought I was just helping a fellow forum member out, now I know better.

Anyway, anything and everything from Tom have been above board and exemplary and (for me) there's no better place to get your Aldens.

I sincerely apologise Tom, if I had cost you any goodwill and inconvenience.

This would be a great time for 3 or 4 people to exercise judicious use of the "Edit Post" function.

This would be a great time for 3 or 4 people to exercise judicious use of the "Edit Post" function.

No doubt. 123