Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I just moved to charleston, south Carolina, and found a store down here that sells Alden, but no boots dammit. But I did finally get to feel some shell cordovan in my hands and oh god, if all funds weren't tied up I'd totally be wearing some right now hahaha

Alright so after a discussion with Matt from leather soul, he says that if I can get at least 10 people together to buy Indy boots made from cigar or whiskey cordovan we could then email Tom and see what we can do. So anybody that's interested pm me with your email and real name and then I will email that to Tom and see what we can do!

Alright so after a discussion with Matt from leather soul, he says that if I can get at least 10 people together to buy Indy boots made from cigar or whiskey cordovan we could then email Tom and see what we can do. So anybody that's interested pm me with your email and real name and then I will email that to Tom and see what we can do!

Wait a sec, I'm pretty sure that's not what Matt said. Sorry but it's not about demand, it's about availability of shells.

He said you could "see what you could do" not a 100% yes well get the shoes just a inquiry.

Err... honestly, if you want to do anything in cigar or whiskey, it's pretty much a lost cause... unless you're willing to wait for years. We sort of went through this sort of thing before. When you start telling people it's an open ended delivery date, not too many people are willing to fork up a deposit and wait, regardless of what shoe/boot you're making.

Anyone that has a fair amount of experience with Whites able to explain why Fresco's "bounty hunter" looks like its on a Packer last instead of a Semi-Dress.

Also...anyone think its weak that Baker's doesn't offer brown and black dress leather (the standard offerings on the Semi-Dress) on any of their boots, and that they don't specify what their smooth brown and smooth black leather is.

Anyone that has a fair amount of experience with Whites able to explain why Fresco's "bounty hunter" looks like its on a Packer last instead of a Semi-Dress.

Also...anyone think its weak that Baker's doesn't offer brown and black dress leather (the standard offerings on the Semi-Dress) on any of their boots, and that they don't specify what their smooth brown and smooth black leather is.

that is what i thought too Tmadd, edmond's bounty hunter looks so much different than Fre$co... please advice Fre$co, WHY is that?

Whenever I wear my Red Wings and walk a lot in them I get terrible blisters. What do you guys think causes this, do I need some kind of insert?

Hey mpcec,

A little late, but just wanted to mention that you should check out TCK's Blister Resister socks. http://www.tcksocks.com/tck/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=63&CFID=36263289&CFTOKEN=42652737

One of my buddy runs marathon's and he always had trouble with blisters till I got him a pair of these. Now he swears by them. A lot of places sale them online, but check out the one's with mohair as opposed to teflon. The mohair is the newer model.

The new slog series are really good as well.http://www.slogseries.com/ I wore the stamina's all winter, and my girlfriend wore the topos.

Anyway, hope you find something to take care of the blisters. It's the type of thing that will make you never want to put the wear into your boots that makes them look better with age.

I called them today and they gave me the semi-dress leather after asking for it specifically.

^I'm a bit late, but are you saying that the smooth leather they offer is not the regular leather offered ont the semi-dress? Damn, I'm about to order a pair of semi dress in brown in the next days. Thank goodness I read it before.

So if we ask for the dress leather they're able to offer it. I already asked for the C width which they don't offer either.

^I'm a bit late, but are you saying that the smooth leather they offer is not the regular leather offered ont the semi-dress? Damn, I'm about to order a pair of semi dress in brown in the next days. Thank goodness I read it before.

So if we ask for the dress leather they're able to offer it. I already asked for the C width which they don't offer either.

Thank goodness for fre$co posting his boots because I wouldn't have known that the "brown smooth" leather looked that way. I think you'll be okay, though, since you're getting a par of semi dress. You should just call them anyway.

oh shiit, going to place an order myself after the weekend for a pair of Alden jumper boots. Btw anyone willing to proxy them? (leathersoul doesnt mark down the value of the boots so they will be deinitely taxed by customs).

Slab and JFoote.

Some pics. Finally figured out how to upload pics. Enjoy:D

Top(L-R) PTB barrie last crepe sz10.5D; Indy trubalance sz10D

Bottom(L-R) Red wing 8167 suede; Red wing 8130 sz10D

img4411k.jpg

Alden Indy and PTB both in #8 shell. Indy turning brown while PTB still burgundy.

img4410b.jpg

Side view of Aldens.

img4408s.jpg

Somebody give this man some rep.

Thanks for the kind words and rep. Here's one more pic that I had omitted earlier.

White's Semi-dress brown (from Supawiwi) sz10.5D and Clarks Weavers (M.I.C sadly, not M.I.E.) sz 9UK. Love the scotch like colour.:P

img4416y.jpg

oh shiit, going to place an order myself after the weekend for a pair of Alden jumper boots. Btw anyone willing to proxy them? (leathersoul doesnt mark down the value of the boots so they will be deinitely taxed by customs).

they don't do international shipping either, do they?

alteast when I ordered my indies that's what I was told