Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Look good, but not GTs, no? GTs have a plain toe.

There were two models - the moc toe and the plain one. I bought the moc toe from Cultizm.

-Jake

shit kicker dress shoes= english country boots

3010-1623-photo3.jpg

3002-431-photo3.jpg

3007-1622-photo3.jpg

I'm buying a pair of the cap toes cause they have slight seconds on sale for 106 pounds shipped to the U.S. i'll try to post some pictures when they arrive. they're from herring shoes. def worth checking out, especially their seconds.

found some shell cordovan shoes at the thrift today... brand is Hanig's, which i guess is a shoe store in chicago... really nice in good condition, but a think a tad too big for me... they are 10.5 b and i think i need a 10... may be up for sale soon.

dscf4870.jpg

dscf4868.jpg

this is closest to the true color

dscf4869t.jpg

dscf4871m.jpg

dscf4874z.jpg

What did you DO to them? I've been using mine as winter boots (slush, salt and stuff) for the last two years and they hardly look worn in. I oiled them a couple of times to keep them water"proof".

What did you DO to them? I've been using mine as winter boots (slush, salt and stuff) for the last two years and they hardly look worn in. I oiled them a couple of times to keep them water"proof".

I commute on my motorcycle everyday since we have one car and we live in Florida, so I wore them almost everyday for a year riding at least 40 miles a day in urban traffic most of the time. My bad habit of dragging my feet in stop and go traffic kinda ruined the soles up front. I also use them when I do pretty much any yard work, mechanic work etc. I stopped babying them about a month after I got them. Now I'm babying the Iron Rangers I'm replacing them with.

^^ lovely pair,eczerw. btw,i just realized yesterday that you pmed me your pics,fucking awesome! some of them fits easiy in the "cool distressed" thread!

Ha, cool, I assumed you thought "who is this whacko sending me old b&w pics of old overalls?"

ok, in my humble opinion everything else but work related footwear or maaaybe brogues looks better in crisp condition. seen some battered Vans on here,no man. Just NO. Battered Vans were "in" 89 but nowadays..ah,they gotta be clean and tidy.

one of the worst posts in sufu history. vans are for skateboarding - or at least casual living. not for pussyfooting around. in my neck of the woods, crispy clean vans are the easiest way to spot a kook.

nikes, jordans... keep em clean. keep em for yourself, for that matter.

vans look their best when they're shredded. holes in the canvas and the soles. faded from the sun.

...expect a photo essay on my worn in vans in the not-so-distant future. these will do for now:

black-flag-bill-daniel.jpg

tumblr_koqpcdPko51qzmvlyo1_500.jpg

jay_adams_lite.jpg

You know, I was kinda waitin for someone to respond to that post. I think chucks and vans are no brainers. You buy them wear them and when the sole falls off of them you start all over again. Chucks and vans look best faded and torn.

edit: ahh the cute little henry rollins. That dude still rocks his ass off.

one of the worst posts in sufu history. vans are for skateboarding - or at least casual living. not for pussyfooting around. in my neck of the woods, crispy clean vans are the easiest way to spot a kook.

nikes, jordans... keep em clean. keep em for yourself, for that matter.

vans look their best when they're shredded. holes in the canvas and the soles. faded from the sun.

...expect a photo essay on my worn in vans in the not-so-distant future. these will do for now:

tumblr_koqpcdPko51qzmvlyo1_500.jpg

I love this photo of Henry at a Minor Threat show

Just got my indy's fixed up:

DSC_0775.JPG

DSC_0776.JPG

DSC_0777.JPG

Due to .. miscommuncation with the cobbler I got a random half sole (at least they matched the color), tho i thought i was getting cat's paw half soles .. the heels match incredibly tho

Wow... those MF boots are amazing.

Here's a pic of my 1+ yr old RW2970s. Would love to resole them to get a more traditional engineer boot sole.

rw2970_1_lo.jpg

wow dude ur engineer boots look great. this seals the deal on me deciding wether or not to buy a pair.

I love the leather on those engineer boots, but the crepe sole just kills it for me. I think if I could find the 2268s in a tan color I would hit it up.

So I did indeed end up buying the made in england doc martens. the seem pretty decent for the price. the made in *somewhere else* boots seemed pretty shitty in comparison to the MIE sort.

i dont plan on babying them much lol i do wanna keep em clean looking though. do they wear in moderately well? any tips as far as care goes? oil, polish, etc..?

maybe one day i'll graduate to a finer pair.