Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I really liked the RedWing GTs, but I preferred the lower profile on the aldens. so i sold my GTs and got the AF89s.

but, when I wore my GTs it felt more sturdier, like i didn't feel the need to worry about it, get it dirty whatever. aldens feel abit mmm, more luxury? im sure the craftmenship on both of them are quite on-par though.

Well yeah, that is crazy money for GTs

If that was in £s then it coverts to roughly $700. That's like a $400 markup. How the heck can they even move those things at that price? Might as well fly to America and pick them up there.

Alden's = Dress boot-ish

Red Wings = Work boot-ish

Go with the RWs, they look pretty good.

So I think I'm going to go ahead and order them online. Would be nice to try on some Aldens but the profile of the GTs is starting to grow on me a lot.

What do you guys think of the fit?

Also baker shoes or cultizm?

Not necessarily the fit itself, but I don't think they go with what you are wearing. Maybe it's that jacket that is throwing me off?

If that was in £s then it coverts to roughly $700. That's like a $400 markup. How the heck can they even move those things at that price? Might as well fly to America and pick them up there.

Haha that would be a crazy mark up, but the guy is in Canada hence $359. Still a pretty hefty price compared to bakers.

Edit:

When ordering from Bakers, use the promo code Grand for 10% off. It's to celebrate the new website opening.

I'm too good to you guys.....

Rws belonging to Sven,owner of Riders Room Hamburg:

4026322365_176ab56d4b.jpg

4027081262_3fbef9b31c.jpg

4027085856_61b89038aa.jpg

I think its an awesome collection,just before he was going to close the shop he took out a Redwing Catalogue from the 50s and one from the 70s.

I managed to take pics of the whole 50s one in a hurry,will post it tomorrow.be prepared.

Got em off ebay.

oh, I was just gonna tell you to complain if you did get them from wwII impressions.

I treated mine with sno-seal and that ^^ is how they turned out. I think I did 2 or 3 coats and used a hair dryer on em. some guy I found on the internet uses kiwi brown shoe polish as well. I thought about doing it, but got scared.

this is his pair

IMG_1348.jpg

Now looking at this pic, I dont know why I didn't try finishing them off with some kiwi...

@ almostnice : I can't rep you but thanks a bunch for posting those pics of the red wing catalog. those boots are incredible.

Guest Selvage Seb.

'You must spread...almostnice'

Great post (as always)! thanks

Makes me wonders where you find that stuff..

Not expecting a helpful answer, but hey I have to ask

Guest Selvage Seb.

'Must spread some..almostnice'

Great post(as always), thanks for sharing!

Where do you find that stuff?

Not expecting a helpful answer, but hey I have to ask..

'Must spread some..almostnice'

Great post(as always), thanks for sharing!

Where do you find that stuff?

Not expecting a helpful answer, but hey I have to ask..

What?

If anything I am in need of an answer,regarding our little LVC 506 discussion a few weeks back,Hahaha,got you now!

nah,no sweat man,after visiting Riders Room several times,i am broke anyway..