Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

quick Alden last question; is it safe to assume that the Berrie last fits the same as Trubalance last? About to preorder the Alden Roy boots from Context.

according to this chart the sizing should be the same

http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index.cfm/fitting.htm

it's a beautiful boot btw, i love the way it ages judging from beatle's pic.

So I am on my way from Sweden to Orlando, FL in a week and I am looking into buying a pair of Alden Indy. Does anyone know a good shop in or around Orlando where I can find Alden shoes?

Having read the last replies in this thread there seems to be some concern about the quality of the Indy boot. What's all this about?

Are there any other pair of boots anyone would recommend while I am in US anyway?

quick Alden last question; is it safe to assume that the Berrie last fits the same as Trubalance last? About to preorder the Alden Roy boots from Context.

They are the same. The shape is only very slightly different, but not in a way that would make you take a different size between the lasts.

Just take a look at some of the pics of cherry GTs posted around here and compare them to the boots fresh from the shelf. When new they also have this kind of dull finish like the Roy boots in the Context pics that develops into this really glossy deep shine after some time of wear.

So I am on my way from Sweden to Orlando, FL in a week and I am looking into buying a pair of Alden Indy. Does anyone know a good shop in or around Orlando where I can find Alden shoes?

Having read the last replies in this thread there seems to be some concern about the quality of the Indy boot. What's all this about?

Are there any other pair of boots anyone would recommend while I am in US anyway?

i was born and raised in florida and honestly im not sure ive ever even heard of a place there stocking alden..

i was born and raised in florida and honestly im not sure ive ever even heard of a place there stocking alden..

Thank's. I'll look around anyway. Too bad I'm not going to the west coast instead.

I'm also looking at a pair of Coniston by Crockett & Jones. Does anyone have a pair of these boots. How do they wear?

Thanks for the sizing advise guys! My Roy boots are preordered, now starts the long wait untill march before I can finally wear them.

Does anyone have experience with Viberg boots (Beatle?) How are they sized? 1/2 size down from sneaker size (like Aldens)? What about construction quality? I noticed they are more affordable than White's boots. How do they compare?

Nice boots Edmond,I think i'll give my regular Indies a sno-seal coating tonight to give them some protection against the wet Belgian autumn weather.

whats good about viberg is that they offer chrmexcel leather fr their boots!

i have 2 pairs 1 western boots in chrmexcel mocha and a suede engineers

same sizing as whites

I don't get why they're only offering E widths up to size 9 on those Roy Boots. I thought about that pair but since I'm 11E in trubalance (and I feel I could have used even more width) I doubt any D width would be a good fit. Nice looking boots, however.

Just send context an email..I believe you can get them up to 13D...