Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Make that an 875 and I'm in agreeance. Even though they're almost identical. I just think it's silly to call them 1907s when they're really just an 875 with a diff name.

Yes they are the same exact shoe with distressed look and leather laces. erk you are right. No need to pay more for that look when you are planning on wearing them as a everyday boot.

After wearing my Alden Indy boots to work for just a week now (bought them a while back but they seemed to fragile for wear) I have determined they must be defective. You could scuff my leather with your fingernail. After one week of wearing them they look as if they have been worn for months. I somehow have deep cuts in the leather surrounding the toe (the first one happened just wearing them to a friends house) and you can visibly see the individual layers of my sole peeling apart from each other.

Is the leather supposed to be UBER soft? My Clark Desert Boots (Beeswax) stood up to significantly more use and abuse with not a scratch on them.

I'm pretty disappointed. I thought these puppies could stand some abuse.

check my pictures a few pages back, i have the same problem with mine, after only a few days i had this scratch on the toe box. Decided to live with and just keep wearing them (also because returning them would be too complicated for me since I live abroad). I'll give them a sno-seal coating/pecard coating soon so i hope the scratch will be less noticeable.

I totally agree with you but as I just purchased a pair of White's this year in a similar color, I cannot justify getting another pair similar before I get a basic black.

Maybe I approach this differently, because I only ever wear khakis or blue jeans when I am wearing boots, but what is the reasoning or logic that has dudes thinking they a) must have a pair of black boots in their arsenal and B) that said black boot is a cornerstone piece of their boot collection, to the extent that it isn't even "complete" without it? I ask this seriously.

I get that black boots look good with jeans and a tshirt or any other number of classic combinations, but unless you are doing a lot of things in blacks and greys, I can't think of a single situation where brown or oxblood aren't adequate substitutes and more versatile options than black. I get it if it is just for that sake of wanting a black boot, but whenever I have thought seriously about purchasing a pair of boots in black, I have always realized that I would enjoy the evolution of and find much more wearable of a brown or oxblood version of the same boot...I have purchased accordingly and never regretted it.

Maybe I approach this differently, because I only ever wear khakis or blue jeans when I am wearing boots, but what is the reasoning or logic that has dudes thinking they a) must have a pair of black boots in their arsenal and B) that said black boot is a cornerstone piece of their boot collection, to the extent that it isn't even "complete" without it? I ask this seriously.

I get that black boots look good with jeans and a tshirt or any other number of classic combinations, but unless you are doing a lot of things in blacks and greys, I can't think of a single situation where brown or oxblood aren't adequate substitutes and more versatile options than black. I get it if it is just for that sake of wanting a black boot, but whenever I have thought seriously about purchasing a pair of boots in black, I have always realized that I would enjoy the evolution of and find much more wearable of a brown or oxblood version of the same boot...I have purchased accordingly and never regretted it.

tmadd,

I understand what you are saying and agree. But I use black boots at work. That was the reasoning for me anyways.

the 1911 uses horween chromoexcel leather. 9011 doesn't

Turntabloid cleared the differences between boths models on ringxring denimforum very detailed,ive only handled and own the 9011 myself,so i cant tell the difference between the Horween to the 9011version,but my pair is leatherwise of very high quality.but as i also own the 1908 Horween-moctoe GT in brown i can testify that ther is a difference in the leather,even though its subtle.

I have other shoes in chromoexcel and it is pretty different to my 9011. It is smoother and finer quality I'd say. The 1911 were a limited edition to mark 100? years or something like that. I don't think you can find them anywhere now.

where did you get your 1908 from (if online)? I'm planning to get some 9010 or 1910 now...
i ordered both from cultizm,the 1908 in april 06,the 9011 in january 07 which i had some quality issues with,which i posted here around that time.as i love the 9011 so much i ordered a second pair of them a couple of months later to spare for later and they also where lacking of quality.got fed up with sending boots back i went to a shop here in hamburg,bought a pair that was put together right,took the faulty pair back next day-still new,unworn and got my money back.at that time cultizm had the best prices for RWs,paid 155,- for the 1908 and 9011,and 169,- for the second pair of 9011.they raised the prices now.good look to find apair,not sure if they are still available,maybe you have some luck at ebay..

wow,thats a lot of text with 3 litres of good german beer in my belly!

Anyone got any shots of the Leather Soul Jump Boots in black?

Ordered a pair and wussed out last minute like a dick, now gotta wait six months till restock.

same here. maybe they are that bit small for me too.

Thanks very much for the offer it's really tempting! we'll talk about that tomorrow when I'll be able to answer pMs okay?

so we don't have to annoy everyone here.

Hey, need a little help here. Can anyone who has White's and Alden Indys please tell me what size you wear in both? Thanks in Advance!

I don't know if this is true for the semi dress but I know it is for the Alden 405.

get your foot measured at a reputable location (somewhere like a orthopedic shoe shop or somewhere they will know what they're doing)

have them use a brannock device.

ask them to give you measurements for heel to ball and heel to toe.

order the size that is largest.

same goes for width.