Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Anyone able to ID these boots for me? The picture is from Lightning Magazine vol.62 (The Denim Book) and is on page 46.

th_lightningmagazine46_1.jpg

th_lightningmagazine46_4.jpg

First shot shows the boots best, second shot sort of shoes the profile caption for Tetsuro Hori, not sure if it shows up well enough to read it but if you have the denim book lying around (as im sure many of you do) I would appreciate you taking a closer look.

^ look like redwings to me

another question:

can anyone recommend a place/good price for re-heeling (and possibly new soles) a pair of indy's? A place nearish my work said they could do heels and either vibrams/cat's paws for $50 for the pair, or just $20 for the heel - that seem good

hello everyone, I think its not the best place to post my question but I couldn't find any Red Wing official thread so forgive me, im unsure about sizing on Red Wing Chukkas, this specific model: http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p367_RED-WING-BOOTS---3140-CLASSIC-WORK-CHUKKA---Oro-iginal.html

I wear uk 10.5 (us 11.5) in nikes and vans, it seems that everyone is telling to size down (full size/half) with red wings, should I be okay with uk 10 us 11 size in this model, anyone have experience with this boot? Thanks in advance...!

cheers

I wear a 10 in Vans and Clarks,on my first pair of RW's i sized down 1,which worked fine unless you weare them for a couple of hours,then they start to become a little tight.my next RWpair were sized down a half size which is perfect now for me.

hello everyone, I think its not the best place to post my question but I couldn't find any Red Wing official thread so forgive me, im unsure about sizing on Red Wing Chukkas, this specific model: http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p367_RED-WING-BOOTS---3140-CLASSIC-WORK-CHUKKA---Oro-iginal.html

I wear uk 10.5 (us 11.5) in nikes and vans, it seems that everyone is telling to size down (full size/half) with red wings, should I be okay with uk 10 us 11 size in this model, anyone have experience with this boot? Thanks in advance...!

cheers

I concur on the 1/2 size down. I bought a pair of the GT's in size 12 and they were huge...sized down 1/2 on my Iron Rangers and they fit perfect.

im not sure but im sure theyre vintage these sales people from warehouse stores either wear vintage or warehouse only afaik,

they dont have a moc toe on their lineup. so i assume these are vintage

Some flicks of my Whites... They need some serious breaking in!

IMG_0339.jpg

How did you manage to size up your Whites with Orthotics? That's my real issue - never know how a shoe is going to fit before you throw a big slug orthotic in... Did Whites work with you on sizing?

Anyone able to ID these boots for me? The picture is from Lightning Magazine vol.62 (The Denim Book) and is on page 46.

th_lightningmagazine46_1.jpg

th_lightningmagazine46_4.jpg

First shot shows the boots best, second shot sort of shoes the profile caption for Tetsuro Hori, not sure if it shows up well enough to read it but if you have the denim book lying around (as im sure many of you do) I would appreciate you taking a closer look.

They look similar to these.

"Premier" Walking Moccasin

premier_walkmoclg.gif

http://www.russellmoccasin.com/shoes_casual/casual_premierwalkingmoc.html

im kinda new to this boot stuff..

but i'm looking for something other than vans and oxfords for this winter. what would be a decent boot for me to buy that sits around $200 or so. i was thinkin something like doc martins combat/work-esque look, but, not doc martins lol thanks..

there's a redwing store just down the street from me, but i'm broke as shit so i dare not go in there. i feel wack as shit.

Don't worry from everything I've ever seen of redwing shoe stores is that they don't carry any of the good models.

And for some real sick mocs

2ijqi6q.jpg

http://www.kendiamond.com/thomme_licorice.html

Deciding whether to pick these up. I mean I can afford them but I don't think I can justify them. LOL.

cheers

I have these very boots - went true to size and they were perfect. However, I do have other RWs and they are half a size down so I would probably go with what other people are saying and size down by half

you guys dig these? or should i sell them while they're young. i dont really know if i like them. bought them a few years ago and they've just been sitting around.

3974197240_d1e406d62a_o.jpg

thanks for the ideas on boots as well

alright - thanks for the input. yeah, i bought them on sale, they looked neat online, but got them and was like, ummm.... oh. and havent really worn them ever. so i figured i'd give it a try for a week or so and see if they grew on me. nothin. haha def sellin them. i might as well get boots anyways, i got some decent black oxfords on the way.

I've seen some beautiful boots from Yuketen in a local shop today.

Lineman-style construction, Vibram crepe sole, beautiful 2tone leather.

Very xpensive. I can't seem to find anything on the web. Anyone knows where I can find more models from Yuketen besides those stocked by Oi-polloi?

I've seen some beautiful boots from Yuketen in a local shop today.

Lineman-style construction, Vibram crepe sole, beautiful 2tone leather.

Very xpensive. I can't seem to find anything on the web. Anyone knows where I can find more models from Yuketen besides those stocked by Oi-polloi?

http://www.openingceremony.us/products.asp?menuid=1&subcatid=0&designerid=242&cn=menu1&view=all

http://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/product/398/yuketen-maine-guide-boot/

I have a pair of ranger mocs from them that are pretty good, but most of their shoes are overpriced for what they are. Don't fall for the hype.

I also don't like their combination of a white vibram sole meant for work boots placed on shoes meant for the great outdoors. The vibram stalker sole would have been a much better and more appropriate choice.