Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

nice loafers! bass logans? been thinking of picking up a pair of larsons myself for a while now. can't decide if it's a look i can pull without looking costumey. looking good there though...

i'd love to see more loafers and oxfords on here. some really nice boots and all, but a little variation wouldn't hurt.

that catalogue is awesome! great find

i need some help: my red wings really need to get resoled. the crepe sole is pretty worn out at the nose, and i can't wear them much longer. do any of the dutch readers here know a place where i can get them fixed, with like a white vibram crepe sole or something? + rep for help ;)

i need some help: my red wings really need to get resoled. the crepe sole is pretty worn out at the nose, and i can't wear them much longer. do any of the dutch readers here know a place where i can get them fixed, with like a white vibram crepe sole or something? + rep for help ;)

The Red Wing store in Frankfurt/ Main offers a full redo on boots:

http://www.redwings.de/cms/index.php?idcat=42

and the price list:

http://www.redwings.de/cms/index.php?idcat=23

Quite pricey. But I haven't found an alternative yet.

Thanks for the positive comments and rep for the catalouge.

For Redwing service in northern germany check this:

http://www.freestyle-leather.de/

If anyone is interested......

I have been looking into Viberg boots, specifically the bobcat for a little while now, since seeing a beautiful looking pair in this very thread.

I contacted Viberg directly about custom orders and after almost three weeks I got an email with a price, $395 plus shipping.

Until recently (a few days ago) Bakers were offering custom Bobcats for around $300, so I thought I would just order them from Bakers in the end and save over $100 with their current discount.

Now, the custom options have been removed from the site. Apparently Viberg won't allow US retailers to sell certain styles of boot (street collection) and the price is significantly higher ordering direct.

This is a real shame as I like the look of their boots and the family aspect of the company etc but I may now just not bother buying from them. After I got an initial email from Brett Viberg I was hopeful since he seemed very keen to help and interested but I haven't heard from him since then.

Just my ramblings.....

wow, thats indeed a shame. I wanted to order a pair of custom bobcats from Bakers as well since they would have been well over 100$ cheaper than a similar custom from Whites. Think I will pass for now

Whites definitely look like a classier boot, but whites doesn't offer boot types such as the engineer and others.

That's good to know.

I'm also thinking about a pair of Russell Mocs, since I have all but written off the Vibergs.

Hmmm, a second pair of White's or Russells or maybe even those context Aldens. I have a boot sized amount of money burning a hole in my pocket and I want to make this the last major purchase for a long time since I'm about to become a father.

edit: You do know there is the White's open road right? I don't know if that is what you are after.

Yeah that was my reasoning too.

Someone told me that White's use better quality materials than Viberg but obviously I can't comment on that.

Edit: Eddie, how do Viberg compare to Whites quality?

viberg defo has better quality and leather in my opinion

they offer horween chromexcel leather in 3 colors

but whites are more hardcore but viberg has more finess

I do like that viberg offers chromexcel leather. I do not like the soles that viberg has to offer. They are huge and clunky. I would like something a little lower profile.

The open road huh? Let me check it out.

Really, I just noticed that it seemed they only offered those hideous vibram soles. I will definitely try to contact them about other sole options.

i was off sufu lately due to workload and vacation.

when i came back home to berlin, i discovered that kay and shane from my favorite local store (burg & schild) managed to open the first "Red Wing - Lifestyle Heritage Store" worldwide just around the corner!

it seems red wing gave them full support, but also total freedom in creating & designing the shop (not a franchise, but a real red wing store, btw!).

they told me that, despite the common heritage collection, it will also feature boots made exclusively for the japanese market (e.g. suede engineer boot or black pecos)

the store also features some items from stetson, pendelton, filson, handmade wallets and matsu belts.

a website will follow, as far as i know - pretty exciting for berlin, imo!

hopefully this city improves even more, so that i am not forced to move to SF or LA, sooner or later!

here are some pics - impressive ...

redwingstore1_new.jpg

redwingstore2_new.jpg

redwingstore3.JPG

redwingstore4.JPG

redwingstore5.JPG

Wow @ Berlin store.

nice loafers! bass logans? been thinking of picking up a pair of larsons myself for a while now. can't decide if it's a look i can pull without looking costumey. looking good there though...

i'd love to see more loafers and oxfords on here. some really nice boots and all, but a little variation wouldn't hurt.

Thanks! The loafers I posted are alden shell LHS on a crepe sole. Got lucky with the last pair at the DC alden store. They're solid enough to wear with jeans or wider leg pants--they'll look silly with narrow legs, I think.

Man I really can't stand those massive white crepe soles on boots.

Man I really can't stand those massive white crepe soles on boots.

I feel you on that. They're def not subtle, or traditional - just a love em or hate em sorta thing. I've always loved the looks of my 877's, and these soles look similar but with some added meatiness. And yea big truck, another case of anti-American, JP sizing at work. Doods like us will never own these:(.