Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

While you may have used a lot of oil on these. I don't think you have anything to worry about. I have used this oil on a similar leather and as the leather dries out it lightens up over the coarse of a couple months. Also, just watch out for getting them dirty as sometimes the oil will allow dirty to get caked onto the leather, and it may be hard to get off, but these are work boots and they do look better when dirty and aged.

holy shit i emailed bakers taking them a bit long these days to reply i think my custom boss is on the way to me too

how much for all your option fresco?

All i've gone for is standard brown semi-dress leather, brass eyes and hooks, brown welt and double leather sole which adds like $30 or something. You can add lining, rolled top, several different vibram soles, french calf, bull hide, 2 tone etc.

Those are bounty hunters, dunno what leather. I've ordered some in semi-dress brown on double leather soles, no toe cap though.

edit:

frech calf, dark brown and light brown as far as I can read

correct. french calf on both light and dark brown areas. :cool:

got my SD today, the total processing time from ordering till i getting it is appx 2 weeks...got it in natural edge and single leather sole. Overall, i am very pleased with the service. Got it in size 8C but feels alittle bit tight, hopefully it will stretch after few weeks.

Btw, need to get used to the speed hook as well.

16c5fsj.jpg

311pdhh.jpg

nice semi dress...

what size do you normally wear? I'm thinking about getting a pair of them and would either go with what they have in stock or do the whole foot trace thing....

got my SD today, the total processing time from ordering till i getting it is appx 2 weeks...got it in natural edge and single leather sole. Overall, i am very pleased with the service. Got it in size 8C but feels alittle bit tight, hopefully it will stretch after few weeks.

Btw, need to get used to the speed hook as well.

looking nice. from my experience, these babies are solid as a tank, and not only they don't stretch much, they're even a little difficult to break into. especially compared to something like indys.

if you need them stretched, you might have to take them to a cobbler.

nice semi dress...

what size do you normally wear? I'm thinking about getting a pair of them and would either go with what they have in stock or do the whole foot trace thing....

i wear 8C in red wing and 7 uk in trickers, so i order 8C in white's

looking nice. from my experience, these babies are solid as a tank, and not only they don't stretch much, they're even a little difficult to break into. especially compared to something like indys.

if you need them stretched, you might have to take them to a cobbler.

only thing i concern now is should i put a toe tap because is a single leather sole..

Not boots, but y'all might like them anyways. Alden whiskey shell Norwegian split toe. Waited a really long time for these... placed an order 10/1/07, then it was cancelled by TheShoeMart a year ago due to leather shortage, and then all of a sudden on Halloween, I was told that they they were going to be able to get them.

img2646sized.jpg

ok so my 875s are fucked then.

man you guys are brutal.

i thought i did enough research to do it on my own but now my boots are an ugly dark brown and im fucked.

buuuut luckily there is a redwing store down the street from my house where i can return them and start over.

so who of all you nice guys is going to help me out and tell me what to do this time to maintain the beautiful look of these boots (without making me cry)...

everyone has to start from somewhere. i seem to be having bad luck.

Dude seriously, they are work boots, put them on an go to do something other than sit around looking at them and crying!

Now if you can't return them, let me know and maybe we can work something out...